[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Thanks a lot for your great ROMs Konstat! I've been running rls4b for a while now, and it's working very well. Last week I changed my operator, but my new sim-card was not recognized by the phone. Fortunately flashing the MVNO patch solved the problem! However, it seems that the battery life has decreased a little after this. Could that be possible or is it just me? But still the battery life is very good compared to other ROMs!

I will soon upgrade to RLS5 as soon a I have time, here are already the Dutch translations:

I don't think that the MVNO patch can effect battery performance. It's probably more to do with difference in signal strenghts between operators. You might have weaker reception on your new provider.

Thanks for the translations but I think I'm now missing the old part of the dutch translations. :)

CPU Spy doesn't show cpu speeds history, only deep sleep:

Interesting, I thought that it was something in the new kernel source that caused this issue with CM7. I'm still using the old source and I know CPU Spy used to work. It's likely that the GPU/AXI overclock patch breaks it.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Please, take a look at a bug.

When changing to Pt_BR, allt the translations remains in Pt_PT

Where are these wrong translations? ROM settings and Settings menu in general seems to be ok?

I might have borked them in framework-res.apk while trying to fix them. :P

Guest bladebuddy

This might sound a bit of a newbe question. My problem medifire has fallen out with me and the only version of your rom it would allow me to download was the T.P.T version, this is the first time I have flashed an all in one. All has gone well rls5 installed but also some of my apps not all probably the ones on the sd card . So my question is, is that normal do you not get a full wipe when using an all in one or has something gone wrong Cheers J

Guest KonstaT

This might sound a bit of a newbe question. My problem medifire has fallen out with me and the only version of your rom it would allow me to download was the T.P.T version, this is the first time I have flashed an all in one. All has gone well rls5 installed but also some of my apps not all probably the ones on the sd card . So my question is, is that normal do you not get a full wipe when using an all in one or has something gone wrong Cheers J

Yeah, that's normal. TPT doesn't wipe your sd-ext partition. Only internal partitions are cleared.

You should do a wipe data/factory reset in clockworkmod. If you like to live dangerously, you can also decide not to. ;) Saves you the trouble of re-installing your apps. Only the .apk files itself are there (no app data) so you still need to put back your settings etc on each app.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest agpoli

CPU Spy doesn't show cpu speeds history, only deep sleep

I've noticed this also with SetCPU. I thought that it didn't had enought time to make statistics, but that was yesterday.

Screenshot

Guest StDannyDan

Antutu benchmark gave exactly the same result as RLS4b thought gpu overclock should've raised it :unsure:

Edited by StDannyDan

Guest KonstaT

I've noticed this also with SetCPU. I thought that it didn't had enought time to make statistics, but that was yesterday.

Screenshot

Yeah, I checked the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state file and it's all zeros.

Someone who's still with RLS4b could test CPU Spy and report back. It should still work if I'm not mistaken.

Edit. Flashed back kernel from RLS4b and CPU Spy indeed still works. It's this commit that most likely breaks cpufreq stats. Same thing with CM7 here.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest birdibird

Yeah, I checked the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state file and it's all zeros.

Someone who's still with RLS4b could test CPU Spy and report back. It should still work if I'm not mistaken.

I used it many times on rls4b, no problems at all

Now on rls5 not working like reported above

edit: just saw your update that you tried yourself :)

Edited by birdibird

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

Out of pure question would something like this]http://www.xda-devel...axy-nexus/ or http://www.xda-devel...ayback-over-3g/or http://www.xda-devel...cs-performance/ be applicable/beneficial for the ZTE Blade?

If so, that would be cool, boosting the performance up, cus the Blade could benefit a ton from these, I was especially interested in the last one, because the LG P500 shares a lot of the hardware.

Edited by somethingsomethingdarkness

Guest agpoli

Edit. Flashed back kernel from RLS4b and CPU Spy indeed still works. It's this commit that most likely breaks cpufreq stats. Same thing with CM7 here.

What do you think about it? Is it fixable?

(Just put back my RLS4b backup a minute ago and SetCPU shows the statistics. Of course you were quicker again tongue.gifbiggrin.gif)

Edit:

@somethingsomethingdarkness

The new Adreno libs are working fine on our Blade, they really gave a little bit more 3D performance. See this thread: Link

Edited by agpoli

Guest KonstaT

Out of pure question would something like this]http://www.xda-devel...axy-nexus/ or http://www.xda-devel...ayback-over-3g/or http://www.xda-devel...cs-performance/ be applicable/beneficial for the ZTE Blade?

If so, that would be cool, boosting the performance up, cus the Blade could benefit a ton from these, I was especially interested in the last one, because the LG P500 shares a lot of the hardware.

First would need some kernel modifictions and might be difficult to port. Second would be probably possible but I don't want to include modified market/google apps (you can try the modified youtube app from the thread to see if it works). Third is pretty much what we have here. Seems like it's worth to include those libs in the next release.

First would need some kernel modifictions and might be difficult to port. Second would be probably possible but I don't want to include modified market/google apps (you can try the modified youtube app from the thread to see if it works). Third is pretty much what we have here. Seems like it's worth to include those libs in the next release.

Saw the third, thanks for that. I was hoping for the first one mostly, as that would boost the visual pluses for a lot of people like me that use the Blade to watch animes/movies, hopefully someone like you or wbaw would take it up.

The second one I don't really need, I was just curious if the used mods could be used to somehow improve something else in the ROM?

Edit: Also, I was wondering if something good could be salvaged from this new enthusiast http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1532921

Edited by somethingsomethingdarkness

Guest KonstaT

What do you think about it? Is it fixable?

(Just put back my RLS4b backup a minute ago and SetCPU shows the statistics. Of course you were quicker again tongue.gifbiggrin.gif)

Edit:

@somethingsomethingdarkness

The new Adreno libs are working fine on our Blade, they really gave a little bit more 3D performance. See this thread: Link

Haha, beat you twice. :D

Don't know if it's 'fixable'. I'm really not a kernel developer. At least it can be fixed by reverting the GPU/AXI bus overclocking. I guess it just depends witch one is more worth having.

Guest agpoli

Haha, beat you twice. :D

Don't know if it's 'fixable'. I'm really not a kernel developer. At least it can be fixed by reverting the GPU/AXI bus overclocking. I guess it just depends witch one is more worth having.

My post is still ahead of yours tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I prefer performance over statistics wink.gif

Guest Aurimas L.

My post is still ahead of yours tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I prefer performance over statistics wink.gif

Is the performance increase noticeable? If so, how many % ;)

3-4% for most people, 5% and more for others as much as I gathered at least, more if you're on CM7 and you change the build.props. Konstat, did you actually try using the other build props, or just knew you had the needed things? :) PS: Read my previous post ^^

Guest termagazis

i like your job budy!keep it that way!!!some questions only:does romxin's theme will work in rls5?and one more question:is there any performance improving because of kernel's gpu overclock?

Guest birdibird

@KonstaT

It would be great if you could make a G2 TPT as well.

Then I can very easily convince my noob friends with a new blade to update their stock 2.2.2 to your great rom!

(even better: put it in TPT helper smile.gif)

Edited by birdibird

Guest KonstaT

3-4% for most people, 5% and more for others as much as I gathered at least, more if you're on CM7 and you change the build.props. Konstat, did you actually try using the other build props, or just knew you had the needed things? :) PS: Read my previous post ^^

A bit confusing when one is talking about GPU overclocking and other about EGL libs - I think. :P

Didn't try the other build.prop tweaks. I already have what's needed and the rest of them don't do anything related to this.

i like your job budy!keep it that way!!!some questions only:does romxin's theme will work in rls5?and one more question:is there any performance improving because of kernel's gpu overclock?

I've noticed small improvement in AnTuTu benchmark (~2%). I don't know if it's because of the GPU or AXI overclocking. Some say that framerate is much better in some games. I really don't play so I wouldn't know...

@KonstaT

It would be great if you could make a G2 TPT as well.

Then I can very easily convince my noob friends with a new blade to update their stock 2.2.2 to your great rom!

(even better: put it in TPT helper smile.gif)

I could if I had proper gen2 device to test it with. Amphoras actually made G2 TPT from Moldovan MHMP and I think it's also in TPT helper app. He's free to do the same with this ROM so you might want to bug him about it. ;)

Guest DarkCrono

Where are these wrong translations? ROM settings and Settings menu in general seems to be ok?

I might have borked them in framework-res.apk while trying to fix them. :P

They are all around. It's like, Pt_BR and Pt_PT are the same, menus, programs translations, settings, etc.

Guest KonstaT

They are all around. It's like, Pt_BR and Pt_PT are the same, menus, programs translations, settings, etc.

Err, I still can't get it. Few examples.

From Settings.apk, pt_BR all prepositions in settings are "do", pt_PT prepositions in settings are "da".

From framework-res.apk, screenshot is pt_BR Captura de Tela, pt_PT Captura de Ecrã.

Sorry, I don't know portuguese and I don't even know which file is broken with this info. I can put them back like they were in RLS4b but then I get complaints from pt_PT people. ;)

Guest DarkCrono

Err, I still can't get it. Few examples.

From Settings.apk, pt_BR all prepositions in settings are "do", pt_PT prepositions in settings are "da".

From framework-res.apk, screenshot is pt_BR Captura de Tela, pt_PT Captura de Ecrã.

Sorry, I don't know portuguese and I don't even know which file is broken with this info. I can put them back like they were in RLS4b but then I get complaints from pt_PT people. ;)

Screenshot from framework-res.apk is ok, in Pt_BR (Captura de Tela)

But, in settings.apk Screen is "Ecrã" (Pt_PT), but it should be "Tela" (Pt_BR), and other translations like, program names are in Pt_PT. For example: Setting himself should be Configurações (Pt_BR), but it is named Definições