[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest daaneel

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qwojdn1ddi6qb19/SS-RLS5-Grey-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip

Here's a grey version of the battery mod with some added color scheme mods (less green, more black&white).

Other mods: the lockscreen is modded to grey colors, status bar icons are more black&white (HD Sense) and the bootanimation changed to potter circle black.

For those interested in a slick look and no interest in jerking around in the UOT kitchen ;)

Guest jventura

Screenshot from framework-res.apk is ok, in Pt_BR (Captura de Tela)

But, in settings.apk Screen is "Ecrã" (Pt_PT), but it should be "Tela" (Pt_BR), and other translations like, program names are in Pt_PT. For example: Setting himself should be Configurações (Pt_BR), but it is named Definições

Hi,

I suggest you see the "technique" in this topic () and apply it to Settings.apk and see if the res/values_pt-BR are correct. Or you can correct them if not, it is easy (after you know how to do it). ;)

I've used that technique to correct the pt-PT strings in SS 4b..

Guest Amphoras

I could if I had proper gen2 device to test it with. Amphoras actually made G2 TPT from Moldovan MHMP and I think it's also in TPT helper app. He's free to do the same with this ROM so you might want to bug him about it. ;)

I've made one, but I don't have a proper Gen 2 device to test it on either.

If you use this and it doesn't work, don't moan at KonstaT. Don't moan at me either. I can't test it, so if you choose to flash this, then its completely at your own risk. It may completely brick your phone, even if the md5sums match.

If you still want to use it, you can download it here, md5sum is 0fda1190fcbf7768b13542b32ec0f654.

Guest birdibird

If you use this and it doesn't work, don't moan at KonstaT. Don't moan at me either. I can't test it, so if you choose to flash this, then its completely at your own risk. It may completely brick your phone, even if the md5sums match.

If you still want to use it, you can download it here, md5sum is 0fda1190fcbf7768b13542b32ec0f654.

great, thanx!

anyone with an original G2 Blade to test this TPT?

(I've got myself a G1->G2 Orange SF, so can't)

Guest chraist

Just wanted to give you, KonstaT a BIG THANKS for yet another great release and a big thanks to all you early-testers of this rom.

I salute you all :D

Guest matje103

Burstlams kernel for stock roms doesn't work for RLS5 anymore.. It worked partially on RLS4b, will RLS5b or 6 have the new kernel? I'm back at having 'can't connect to camera' issues.. As with RLS4b it did found my camera..

Edited by matje103

Guest Liesse

Instant download + install for this now you have made a circle battery mod.

I know loads of addons must be a right pest to keep going, but I miss this one so much when its not there, and trust dev-made versions a little more (prolly baseless, but hey).

Thank you.

Guest Amphoras

Haha, beat you twice. :D

Don't know if it's 'fixable'. I'm really not a kernel developer. At least it can be fixed by reverting the GPU/AXI bus overclocking. I guess it just depends witch one is more worth having.

Who knows why, but this seems to fix the "permanent deep sleep" problem (on CM7 anyway).

Guest KonstaT

Who knows why, but this seems to fix the "permanent deep sleep" problem (on CM7 anyway).

Yeah, confirmed working. No idea why though. :P Tried enabling 403mhz instead of 595mhz, which might be a bit more sensible, but that doesn't work. :o

Thanks for the G2 TPT too. Hopefully someone has the courage to test it soon. :)

Guest liamdunn

Ok i don't know if this has been addressed before or not and i'm not sure if its a problem with no frills or the rom but for some odd reason and which happens on Moldavian when overclocking and when using angry birds the AB app just quits out with no warning, it doesn't happen when the phone isn't overclocked just when it is and it's frustrating and rather annoying, does anyone know what could be causing this?

Cheers

Guest adrianomm

Hello! First of all I would like to ask if it is possible to use a SD swap partition with RLS4 and RLS5.

I try to format my sd card using clockworkmod but not luck. May be this is because there is no support for a 8Gb SD card on my clockworkmod. I created a 256Mb swap partition using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" but the system does not show more memory. How can make swap work?

I read RLS5 release is based on Burstlam's kernel. RLS4 kernel does not work on my phone, touchscreen issues. Burstlam's kernel works. Does that mean RLS5 standard kernel will work on my phone? I wonder...

Thank you very much.

Guest minifig

Yeah, confirmed working. No idea why though. :P Tried enabling 403mhz instead of 595mhz, which might be a bit more sensible, but that doesn't work. :o

Thanks for the G2 TPT too. Hopefully someone has the courage to test it soon. :)

When I run Cpu Spy on RLS5, it gives me 100% Deep Sleep. On RLS4 it didn't. Is that the same problem as in the quotes above?

Anyway: I love this rom. It's fast, slim, has softkeys, ...

Guest KonstaT

Burstlams kernel for stock roms doesn't work for RLS5 anymore.. It worked partially on RLS4b, will RLS5b or 6 have the new kernel? I'm back at having 'can't connect to camera' issues.. As with RLS4b it did found my camera..

Doesn't work how? There is no reason why it wouldn't work and I think someone already confirmed it working page or two back. Even the new ZTE Blade kernel source doesn't fix camera issues with new dutch blades so there really isn't much I can do.

I had today 2 spontaneous reboots with rls5 :angry:

Back to the fantastic rls4b :D

Were you overclocking? You might not be able to overclock so high as with RLS4b because of the AXI bus overclocking.

Hello! First of all I would like to ask if it is possible to use a SD swap partition with RLS4 and RLS5.

I try to format my sd card using clockworkmod but not luck. May be this is because there is no support for a 8Gb SD card on my clockworkmod. I created a 256Mb swap partition using "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" but the system does not show more memory. How can make swap work?

I read RLS5 release is based on Burstlam's kernel. RLS4 kernel does not work on my phone, touchscreen issues. Burstlam's kernel works. Does that mean RLS5 standard kernel will work on my phone? I wonder...

Thank you very much.

Yes, it is possible to use swap and it is also possible to create swap partition in clockworkmod. You need to enable swap partition using a2sd. There's good instructions somewhere on this thread, try searching the thread with keyword swap. Edit. here.

RLS5 kernel is still based on older Turies source so you'll still have touchscreen issues. I'll probably compile something from new the new ZTE Blade source in couple days and release it as an add-on. It should fix touchscreen/camera/sensor issues some people are having.

When I run Cpu Spy on RLS5, it gives me 100% Deep Sleep. On RLS4 it didn't. Is that the same problem as in the quotes above?

Anyway: I love this rom. It's fast, slim, has softkeys, ...

Yeah, that will fixed in the next release.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest kickassmen

I've tested it on a dutch gen2 blade. It's working but not everything works. There was no market app and no status bar where you normaly see the clock, battery status and network coverage.

When i went back to my backup (made with CW 4) and restored it it hangs in the new CW 5. Now installed CM9.

Guest matje103

Doesn't work how? There is no reason why it wouldn't work and I think someone already confirmed it working page or two back. Even the new ZTE Blade kernel source doesn't fix camera issues with new dutch blades so there really isn't much I can do.

I'm sorry i didn't meant 'doesn't work'. But on RLS4b burstlams kernel fixed the 'can't connect to camera issue'

Guest agpoli

I have a factory Gen2 device and also got balls of steel ( biggrin.gif ) so decided to try this.

I can confirm that it's working fine. I don't know why but at the end of the T-Flash card process there was an "Error" message but a "Success" message too. The phone immediately rebooted an loaded the ROM just fine.

Guest KonstaT

I've tested it on a dutch gen2 blade. It's working but not everything works. There was no market app and no status bar where you normaly see the clock, battery status and network coverage.

When i went back to my backup (made with CW 4) and restored it it hangs in the new CW 5. Now installed CM9.

Thanks for testing. It's normal to have blank statusbar at first boot, reboot your phone! You need to set up your google account for the market app to appear.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest fox2000

In MMHMP I'm used to disable ringtone by long pressing vol- key, until the phone vibrates. In SS, instead, if I long press vol- the phone begins switching continuously between silent and vibrate only modes; is there any way to prevent the phone going in full silent mode so that when I long press vol- it goes to vibrate mode? I'd found it quite useful, as I got used to this behaviour in other ROMs!

Guest KonstaT

In MMHMP I'm used to disable ringtone by long pressing vol- key, until the phone vibrates. In SS, instead, if I long press vol- the phone begins switching continuously between silent and vibrate only modes; is there any way to prevent the phone going in full silent mode so that when I long press vol- it goes to vibrate mode? I'd found it quite useful, as I got used to this behaviour in other ROMs!

That's actually the way I designed it to be. ;) In froyo when you pressed volume down repetitively it first changed ringer mode to vibrate and then to silent (and vice versa pressing volume up starting from silent). In gingerbread when you press volume down it only changes to your preset preference (either vibrate or silent).

I use it some time to switch between vibrate and silent, so it works well for me. I could make it froyo-style if it's easier to handle.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest 我笑他人看不穿

bug 如图片蓝色方框中显示,中文字幕第二行的文字剃尾,麻烦作者修改一下,谢谢

post-969201-0-52618800-1331216050_thumb.

Guest sal.fresco

Hi all!

I've been using RLS5 since KonstaT released it, and it goes smoooohtly.

Today i've had my first reboot, never had one on previous releases.

It happened during a call, but I think it was because the phone was running low on battery.

Apart from this, it is a great Rom, as with all others by KonstaT, to whom I wish all the best and desiring that he keeps the good work.

Thanks again KonstaT

Sal

Guest Grejo

Were you overclocking? You might not be able to overclock so high as with RLS4b because of the AXI bus overclocking.

No, not overclocked (604/122 MHz, ondemand, sio). And when I ever do overclock, then max 672 Hz (MX Video).

I will try rls5 again.

Thanks for the Swedish Snow roms. :D

Edited by Grejo