[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest scorpei

My wifi works fine on burstlam`s kernel. This is not an issue for me. I still feel this kernel is somehow slower than the stock.

KonstaT, is there something I can do to improve performance considering I have a 256Mb phone?

Thanks...

Couldn't you unlock the full RAM?

Guest agpoli

sorry but my english isnt perfect:you mean that this is the kernel that is the default for RLS5.the one that RLS5 comes with.

Default RLS5 kernel had a bug (time_in_state issue). This is the same default kernel but the bug is fixed.

Guest termagazis

Default RLS5 kernel had a bug (time_in_state issue). This is the same default kernel but the bug is fixed.

ok thanks.and btw:what excactly was that bug?i havent use very much since i put rls5 and i didnt find this bug.

Guest thewild

Do I need to reflash the AddOns if I flash the new kernel ZIP ?

@termagazis : The bug was only in Cpu Spy. It would not report the time spent in each frequency, which is its only purpose.

Guest MidaMilunk

I personally like the SS series.. .I hope this version is more stable for me as RLS4b used to be.

There is a very strange issue anyway...

All benchark show much (!) worse results than using CM7 - I know: who cares any BM? but still bit strange for me...

FruiNinja is laggy... I have never ever seen FN to be laggy...

Still this ROM is very responsive ang good to use. Better than recent CM7 ROMs. RLS4b was also better, than CM7 at that time, but I could not cope with the in-car navigation reboot issue, since it did not even exist for other people :)

Guest termagazis

Do I need to reflash the AddOns if I flash the new kernel ZIP ?

@termagazis : The bug was only in Cpu Spy. It would not report the time spent in each frequency, which is its only purpose.

ok i understand thanks!!!

Guest eirlysbill1

I personally like the SS series.. .I hope this version is more stable for me as RLS4b used to be.

There is a very strange issue anyway...

All benchark show much (!) worse results than using CM7 - I know: who cares any BM? but still bit strange for me...

FruiNinja is laggy... I have never ever seen FN to be laggy...

Still this ROM is very responsive ang good to use. Better than recent CM7 ROMs. RLS4b was also better, than CM7 at that time, but I could not cope with the in-car navigation reboot issue, since it did not even exist for other people :)

I'm not expert, but are you sure that the satnav problem was rom based? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the sd card. Mine was funny problem too, cause it would only crash the phone under heavy load (like trying to re-draw maps, etc) and with normal use it was fine. Once I finally changed the sd card the problem stopped completely.

Hope that helps, Bill

Guest matje103

Kernels

Here is a kernel built from the new ZTE Blade source. This should fix touchscreen/camera/sensor issues some users are having. Also the new wifi driver is included. Please test wifi and report if you have issues (with connecting/speed). This should have all of the features that were in the previous kernel. If everything works ok, I'll put this as default into RLS6. I've been forking burstlam's source again, so thanks and massive appreciation to him. Complete source here.

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire...7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

Edit. V2 with CM7 wifi driver.

Here is package that will revert to old Turies based kernel and old wifi driver. This is the same kernel as in RLS5 but with the CPU Spy (time_in_state) issue fixed.

SS-RLS5-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire...2262b1hm7z2x6c4

MD5:5090A2A17EB875ECFF0132BCDEB0FB50

Yay, Konstat you're awesome. Camera app shows an inverted image again (instead of none and fc'ing!). It does still force close if I try to take a picture.. It focuses and boom. Force Close. Anyway, third party apps are able to use the camera (inverted image though), and wifi driver is working fine.

Guest miljanvekic

OK, just to make this clear, ''next-prev. song with volume butt'' works fine, I was having problem because of the GO Locker.

Also LED notification is OK, it's red for new sms and green for missed call. Great work KonstaT !!!

Guest Cyclothunder

in the new kernel, what's different in CM7 wifi driver?

when i press or long press the volume buttons it doesn't prev. or next. songs, just brings up or down the volume. What am i missing? tongue.gif

Guest scorpei

Small question: I had a problem on Mile High with availability. I have vodafone holland and I killed my APN intentionally as to not be capable of data connections (not in my plan). However (not sure if breaking UMTS has anything to do with it) apparently my phone no longer properly performs networks updates / notifications causing my calls to be dropped. The same behaviour is being seen with Swedish Snow (4b) for me. Stock rom didn't have these issues but hey, I sure don't want to go back ^^.

If it is the kernel I could possibly combine the two, but that would also be silly. Any clue as to what could be causing my issues? Vodafone is *not* being a terrific help....

At the moment I am trying to have data (roaming) enabled, whilst still having my UMTS APN broken thus not inferring data costs but still tricking the phone into attempting to connect to UMTS every now and again.

PS: Thanks for your reply @ 2-way voice recording. Tried it with the app you mentioned and it works (using an old version) every now and again, mostly for incoming calls.

Edited by scorpei

Guest DarkCrono

Hi,

I suggest you see the "technique" in this topic (http://android.modac...amework-resapk/) and apply it to Settings.apk and see if the res/values_pt-BR are correct. Or you can correct them if not, it is easy (after you know how to do it). ;)

I've used that technique to correct the pt-PT strings in SS 4b..

Yes, I've opened it with apktools, and the result is this:

Opened Settings.apk (RLS 3)

There are 4 pt tables

values-pt and values-pt-nokeys are in pt_BR

values-pt-rPT and values-pt-rPT-nokeys are in pt_PT

Opened Settings.apk (RLS 5)

There are 5 pt tables

all in pt_PT (:P) even the new table values-pt-rBR

However I don't know how to compile it back and resign

If you want to experiment you can try switching some system apps from MMHMP. They are all signed with the same key so most of them probably work. If it's something with Phone.apk I can't do anything about it. The resources side is broken by ZTE. I have no idea what causes your issue and can't do much unless you can provide more information.

Konstat, thanks for your answer! Sure I'll test it! Can you tell me which files I need to switch???

Guest MidaMilunk

I'm not expert, but are you sure that the satnav problem was rom based? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the sd card. Mine was funny problem too, cause it would only crash the phone under heavy load (like trying to re-draw maps, etc) and with normal use it was fine. Once I finally changed the sd card the problem stopped completely.

Hope that helps, Bill

Good idea, but:

- It does not happen with the recent CM7 ROM's

- I have changed my SD a few weeks before, the RLS4b reboots had happened a few months before

Unfortunately RLS5 with the new kernel rebooted after some 15 minutes also (charger + navigation)... Must return to the CM versions.

Since this is really easy to reproduce this, do you guys think a logcat could tell us any important? And what is going to happen to alogcat f.e. when the framework is just reboots?

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Maxsas360

I had a random reboot today. Seen it while it was on the table. It was in deep sleep. Kernel was unchanged, now updated. Using rls5.

Guest youngsta2010

Can someone give me some advice I want to move play shop to /system/app but I'm a bit unsure. In there I have Vending.apk with the Market icon and com.android.vending-1 in /data/app with the new icon. Shall I just rename it Vending.apk with same permissions? Thanks in advance.

Guest youngsta2010

Just found a small bug, after doing a batch cache clean in TB the status bar went blank again.

edit: Poweramp bought it back so I think a notification will fix it.

Edited by youngsta2010

Guest Davidoff59

found something interesting. I have been on another rom for about a month now. I came back to this rom a few days ago.

Using the YouTube app on the other rom, I could use the Youtube app all day with no force closures in the app. On this rom, and other cm7 based Roms, the app will force close every 5 or 6 videos.

I always thought it was the app but it appears not.

The other rom is the lewa rom, which is also cm7 based so I don't get where the issue could be.

Would trying to get a log help, or try the lewa kernel with this rom or is it more likely to be more deeply embedded than that.

Just to confirm that this happens on stock clock speeds so isn't a result of overclocking or anything else. Tested with this rom with no other changes added as well as numerous other cm7 based roms. Is this an issue that others have?

Guest Lord_Snake

found something interesting. I have been on another rom for about a month now. I came back to this rom a few days ago.

Using the YouTube app on the other rom, I could use the Youtube app all day with no force closures in the app. On this rom, and other cm7 based Roms, the app will force close every 5 or 6 videos.

I always thought it was the app but it appears not.

The other rom is the lewa rom, which is also cm7 based so I don't get where the issue could be.

Would trying to get a log help, or try the lewa kernel with this rom or is it more likely to be more deeply embedded than that.

Just to confirm that this happens on stock clock speeds so isn't a result of overclocking or anything else. Tested with this rom with no other changes added as well as numerous other cm7 based roms. Is this an issue that others have?

Strange. Mine works great...

Guest Davidoff59

there are loads of reports on the market about youtube so I used an older version. I updated to the latest version on lewa and it worked perfectly for the first time in 4 months. That same app forcecloses now. I got a log so will post it.