[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Kaar3l

I have a problem with rls 5. I flashed the rls 5, then after boot the notification bar was completely empty. I tried to flash it about 5 times. Didn't make difference. Downloaded again the rom and flashed, again the same thing. :S Then I returned to 4 backup. :/ What have I done wrong?

Guest KonstaT

I have a problem with rls 5. I flashed the rls 5, then after boot the notification bar was completely empty. I tried to flash it about 5 times. Didn't make difference. Downloaded again the rom and flashed, again the same thing. :S Then I returned to 4 backup. :/ What have I done wrong?

What you did wrong, is that you didn't read the first post. ;) It's listed under known bugs. All would have needed to do, is reboot your phone once.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Guest Kaar3l

What you did wrong, is that you didn't read the first post. ;) It's listed under known bugs. All would have needed to do, is reboot your phone once.

This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks works like charm. Have to read the manual before posting.unsure.gif

Guest dodyweb

After 4 days of testing i come to this conclusion:

This rom its one of the best and i tryed everything i found moded on internet,

The only bug i found its the "notification bar bug" sms visible only half....i´´m waiting the next release witout this bug.

The other problem with call dropped has not appeared anymore...i hope it was a glitch

I like this rom because its smooth, clean, and battery life seems to be good.(2 days with average usage)

Game performance its really improved(i used to play virtual tennis 3d and with this rom i dont have any lag)Before "Sweedish Snow" i used a generic stock froyo rom 2.2 branded for Dell xcd35, and the only thing good was the battery life (2 and a half day)...but 3d performace was really poor.

I tested Cyanogen...too buggy for me and full of things that i dont use..."Sweedish Spring"- battery hungry, and had a problem with "google play", market not working, and keep openig a page in browser with "licence agreement for Google play", not updating market to Google play...but now the rom that i waiting its here:

SWEEDISH SNOW RLS5!

Thanks KonstaT!Great Great JOB!!!! Im in your debt for ever! :-)))) We waiting for the next release!

Guest Davidoff59

I seem to be having internet issues. 3G works fine but Hsdpa seems to be giving issues. I have tried setting the settings to Hsdpa only and Hsdpa automatically but it stays on 3G.

Checked my local mast, shows its ok.

On the rare time it does go to H, no data whatsoever is downloaded.

I will flash another rom and see if I get H again and update you. Had this issue for 2 or 3 days, thought it was a network issue.

Apn correct and all other unneeded apns have been deleted.

Guest Davidoff59

I seem to be having internet issues. 3G works fine but Hsdpa seems to be giving issues. I have tried setting the settings to Hsdpa only and Hsdpa automatically but it stays on 3G.

Checked my local mast, shows its ok.

On the rare time it does go to H, no data whatsoever is downloaded.

I will flash another rom and see if I get H again and update you. Had this issue for 2 or 3 days, thought it was a network issue.

Apn correct and all other unneeded apns have been deleted.

Guest Davidoff59

I can confirm that I have just flashed a cm7 rom and Hsdpa works fine. UK spec Gen 1 TPT to Gen 2. Stock SS Rls5 Rom flashed, no add ons

Guest sssingletrack

I can confirm that I have just flashed a cm7 rom and Hsdpa works fine. UK spec Gen 1 TPT to Gen 2. Stock SS Rls5 Rom flashed, no add ons

I think I get the same issue. Only mine sticks on edge/gprs . If I put wcdma only it goes to Hspda. I can then click auto and it stays on hspsa then.

Guest Lord_Snake

You should see the menu like it is in the screenshots in the first post. I'm the only only who has that RLS6 style menu at the moment. ;) If it's different from that, you've probably installed some add-on/theme that wasn't made using RLS5 files. In that case you should re-install the ROM.

RLS6 will include 3D graphics tweak (new EGL libs), but it won't have Beats Audio. New kernel will be included as default, old as an add-on.

Exactly, I have a theme! Thanks you for the explanation. smile.gif

Can you tell why not to incorporate Beats engine and Xloud? I've noticed such a huge improvement (as a lot of people) in sound quality. I don't have any problem to install it as an add-on, but I'm just curious why, like if it has any bad consequence...

Guest Davidoff59

I must apologise KonstaT. For some reason when I flashed a different rom, It went to Hsdoa for a while hence my post. It has since gone back to 3g and 350kb download speeds. It appears that giffgaff are actually having widespread network issues despite what the o2 site says, that there are no issues. It just appears that it coinincided with flashing your rom.

My sincere apologies once again.

Guest Anoop_S

Add-ons:

-SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip (based on the new ZTE Blade source, should fix camera/touchscreen/sensor issues)

http://www.mediafire...7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

thank you very much for this updated kernel konstat now i can overclock without having camera problems!!!!!! I think it would solve the problem of camera with the indian blades.....!!!!!!

Guest thewild

Strang bug here !

I installed launcher pro (maybe it's the same with stock launcher, I don't know) and added a shortcut to a phone call : the "android" icon is upside down :blink:.

Guest minifig

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with bluetooth in my car (after countless pairing and unpairing):

- when my phone's bluetooth is active before I turn on my radio, the connection seems fine but I can't make any calls.:unsure:

- when I turn on the bluetooth after I turn on the radio, all works fine.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated.

Greetings,

Roger

Edited by minifig

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS6. Couple of new screenshots in the first post. This is most likely the final release (unless/until I come up with something new, never say never ;)). New kernel and CM7 wifi driver included as default. If you have issues with the new kernel (e.g. with wifi), there is an option for the old kernel/wifi. Wipe shouldn't be necessary updating from previous versions. If you have problems of kind, do a full wipe first. 'No wipe, no whine' policy still stands. Quite a few add-ons updated, others just renamed. Only use add-ons/themes that are in the first post or were made using RLS6 files.

Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?be7evai693c9i3e (mirror)

MD5:2B72B1FB114C84B92347C1B20655F25D

Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip (see the first post for installation instructions)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1yn59p7njosn97b

MD5:41518715918ACB655E5496C2B5E06038

Add-ons:

SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?70q8y2l69sx2vey

MD5:608A6B5AFB2AF1470268E2B59AC815B2

SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdmajfpbupwexee

MD5:1B633FCF391760B444CDFE165E62C252

SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?7q55q15d57g46l6

MD5:5090A2A17EB875ECFF0132BCDEB0FB50

SS-RLS6-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?2domazd5waaq73s

MD5:B058192E655BFC0EA26AF8B793693634

RLS6 changelog:

-new kernel based on the new ZTE Blade source (complete source available here, thanks to burstlam)

-new wifi driver

-new Adreno200 EGL libs

-re-wrote the about section in ROM settings. Pressing Swedish Snow opens MoDaCo thread in your browser.

-changed volume key ringer mode switch to work froyo style

-modified 'About device' to display accurate kernel name

-fixed blank statusbar at first boot bug

-fixed small layout bug in notifications

-fixed an issue with Google Backup transport

-updated Market to Google Play Shop

-updated Maps

-updated No-frills CPU Control

-fixed/added portuguese translations and fixed small display bug in application settings (thanks to DarkCrono)

-translated ROM settings to greek (thanks to purplehead)

-translated ROM settings to french (thanks to iMax11)

-translated ROM settings to dutch (thanks to Xinxe)

-added hungarian translations (thanks to agpoli)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest -ION-

Do you know of this release is going to fix the camera issues with the MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF camera sensor? A friend of mine still has this problem with his phone. Anyway thanks for another great release! I've been using ur releases since I got my blade and never changed to other roms.

Guest KonstaT

Do you know of this release is going to fix the camera issues with the MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF camera sensor? A friend of mine still has this problem with his phone. Anyway thanks for another great release! I've been using ur releases since I got my blade and never changed to other roms.

You are talking about the camera sensor in some of the newer dutch blades, right?

Afaik it should now connect to camera but preview screen is still upside down. Stock camera app may force close but you should be able take photos with some third party apps.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest thewild

Thanks a lot KonstaT, donwloading RLS6 right now !

As a side note : I see you used CM7 wifi driver. Is it easy to change the stock driver with another one ? I wonder, because this might be the solution to my sound problem.

Thanks again, your rom is definitively the best !

Guest jonmac73

Updated to RLS6.

Have posted on the thread "Coloring your blade" in themes section also but just wondered if you thought of incorporating it as default. Makes any ROM look sooooo much nicer than black/white IMHO.

OH will d/l RLS6 also of course ......... thanks for your continued support.

Edited by jonmac73