[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest superleggera01

Hi first of all thanks for this update ur roms are amazing, Whats your opinion on battery callibration tools? Do they work, and should I recallibrate after updating from RLS5?

Guest KonstaT

Hi first of all thanks for this update ur roms are amazing, Whats your opinion on battery callibration tools? Do they work, and should I recallibrate after updating from RLS5?

The myth about wiping batterystats (removing batterystats.bin) was debunked in a post by Dianne Hackborn. If you do a clean installation, your batterystats.bin is removed anyway. Using battery calibration tools shouldn't make any difference.

I still believe though, that you should give a new ROM couple of charge cycles before drawing any conclusions on battery performance.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest superleggera01

The myth about wiping batterystats (removing batterystats.bin) was debunked in a post by Dianne Hackborn. If you do a clean installation, your batterystats.bin is removed anyway. Using battery calibration tools shouldn't make any difference.

I still believe though, that you should give a new ROM couple of charge cycles before drawing any conclusions on battery performance.

Ok thanks :) So charging to 100% then discharging till it shuts down and charging to 100% without a break isn't usefull either?

Guest Anoop_S

dear konstat can i use

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip (based on the new ZTE Blade source, should fix camera/touchscreen/sensor issues)

http://www.mediafire...7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

kernel with this rom or this kernal is already in the rls6 addons ??? The above kernel is working fine for me with rls5

Guest termagazis

dear konstat can i use

SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip (based on the new ZTE Blade source, should fix camera/touchscreen/sensor issues)

http://www.mediafire...7nfdync13zw6trt

MD5:6A04B164C395177FB66AC9F592EA3D33

kernel with this rom or this kernal is already in the rls6 addons ??? The above kernel is working fine for me with rls5

RLS6 allready have this kernel

Guest adrianomm

Hello!

I would like to thank KonstaT for another great rom.

I am testing RLS5 with the new kernel (SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip) and everything works on my chinese blade. Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, Overclock.

From now on, looks like I don`t have to flash stock or other kernel anymore. RLS6 kernel will be based on this SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip right?

Thank you very much! A very good release. I can`t wait to test RLS6!

Guest adrianomm

One thing I cannot make it work is the SwapFile. Is that a compatibility problem with 8Gb cards? Clockworkmod refuses to format my 8Gb card but "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" works.

I tried to create two partitions: one FAT32 (or EXT2/3) and another linux swap (with 256Mb). But after reboot memory stills shows 256Mb. Can anybody help? Does anybody know an android app format tool or swap config?

Another question: can I change anything on RLS5/6 to free more memory up? Any cache configuration, for example? 256Mb phones requires a lot of tuning to work smoothly.

Guest optatus

Hi Konsta,

firstly thanks for this rom. I installed RLS5 a few days ago and otherwise everything seems great, except I also have the problem that the sounds are WAY WAY too loud, to the extent that I'd describe it as a bug. With some headphones and some music, even setting the volume to minimum (i.e. 1 step over zero) is too loud for comfortable listening! It seems it's lacking about 80% of the volume control that I had with the stock rom and Cyanogenmod (i.e. volume step 1 is in the range of 80% maximum with stock and Cyanogenmod).

Has there been any fixes or updates regarding this in RLS6? Is there any way for me to fix by myself, except by using DSP manager? The EQ in DSP manager is not a good option, as enabling it brings a faint but irritating whirr on quietest levels.

Guest KonstaT

i've been searching for this and now i'm more confused biggrin.gif

what app do you use for call recording?

2-way call recording patch is for skvalex call recorder. I've heard that the latest version from the market (errm play shop) doesn't work for some reason though.

Thank you very much for the update!

What are the recommended settings for the CPU and which governor?

I have 122-691mhz, SmartAssV2, sio. It varies on every individual device how much you can overclock.

Hello!

I would like to thank KonstaT for another great rom.

I am testing RLS5 with the new kernel (SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip) and everything works on my chinese blade. Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, Overclock.

From now on, looks like I don`t have to flash stock or other kernel anymore. RLS6 kernel will be based on this SS-RLS5-New-Source-Kernel-v2-Gen2.zip right?

Thank you very much! A very good release. I can`t wait to test RLS6!

Yeah, that kernel (+one commit) is what already comes with RLS6.

Does anyone know if the new rom has undervolting and gpu overclock included?

Yes (both) and yes.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest grockstar

Not sure about the swap partition specifically, but I had a similar problem partitioning and formatting my 8GB card in CWM with a previous all-in-one TPT install of MMHMP. I think the problem was due to the fact that the version of CWM included in the TPT was an old one (4.0.1.5 in the case of SS6).

I updated to the latest CWM (5.0.20) in ROM Manager and the problem disappeared.

One thing I cannot make it work is the SwapFile. Is that a compatibility problem with 8Gb cards? Clockworkmod refuses to format my 8Gb card but "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" works.

I tried to create two partitions: one FAT32 (or EXT2/3) and another linux swap (with 256Mb). But after reboot memory stills shows 256Mb. Can anybody help? Does anybody know an android app format tool or swap config?

Edited by grockstar

Guest feckineejit

Hello KonstaT just want to know if i can just install this rom Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip , as i tpt'd from gen1 - gen2 sometime last year using wbaws tpt. or should i do it again using Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip. hope you know what i mean.

If you want to experiment you can try switching some system apps from MMHMP. They are all signed with the same key so most of them probably work. If it's something with Phone.apk I can't do anything about it. The resources side is broken by ZTE. I have no idea what causes your issue and can't do much unless you can provide more information.

Just tried....first deleted in RSL6 the file phone.apk, copied the phone.apk from MMHMP to the new RSL6, restarted the phone, and got no error.

After this, I startet the TomTom, and let it look for BT devices. Than an error on the phoneprocess com.android.phone is stopped and it is now in a loop....

also same error on the screen from TomTom, error during checking telephonefunctions....

ZTE must have changed something.....but where???

Guest downloader50

Hello KonstaT just want to know if i can just install this rom Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip , as i tpt'd from gen1 - gen2 sometime last year using wbaws tpt. or should i do it again using Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip. hope you know what i mean.

Yea you should be ok to install but you will have to do a full wipe no need to tpt again as i think wbaws has a 160mb partition which is plenty big enough

Guest kirpika

do i need to wipe at least dalvik to update from rls5? i didn't when i updated from rls4b to rls5 and it worked fine, but should i have done it?

btw, new proximity sensor (isl29026 from new zte source) didn't work on rls5, so i had to flash burstlam's kernek to make it work.

now i'll try this.

Guest feckineejit

Yea you should be ok to install but you will have to do a full wipe no need to tpt again as i think wbaws has a 160mb partition which is plenty big enough

Cheers downloader50 :)

Guest adrianomm

Not sure about the swap partition specifically, but I had a similar problem partitioning and formatting my 8GB card in CWM with a previous all-in-one TPT install of MMHMP. I think the problem was due to the fact that the version of CWM included in the TPT was an old one (4.0.1.5 in the case of SS6).

I updated to the latest CWM (5.0.20) in ROM Manager and the problem disappeared.

Thanks for your answer. I upgrade CWM to version 5.0.2.0 (I think that is the newer one) and I was able to format my SD card. There is no 8Gb option, but I selected 4Gb and my sd card was formatted successfully. I do not know if swap file is active, android assistant still shows me only 160Mb total memory (256Mb I supposed).

I think swap is still not working...