[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

Thanks for your answer. I upgrade CWM to version 5.0.2.0 (I think that is the newer one) and I was able to format my SD card. There is no 8Gb option, but I selected 4Gb and my sd card was formatted successfully. I do not know if swap file is active, android assistant still shows me only 160Mb total memory (256Mb I supposed).

I think swap is still not working...

Type:

su

a2sd swapspace

This will show if it is working or not

Ps. Swap is incompatible with lowmemory killer. So choose default lowmemory preset

Guest Vivek S Panicker

Okay I am gonna try this in some hours. I'll check it out and update with comments. Seriously I wanna add a blog post in my blog, Techareena with the detailed steps to help the newbies like me.

Thank you for your great work. Keep up!

Guest oxyg3n89

new Adreno200 EGL libs?

What kind of brain washer is this ? I have two blades, same cpu settings. The one with RLS1 does perform little better in 3D and 2D than RLS6 ;) may work on SE x8.

Guest kirpika

this rom is ok with proximity sensor, however i get lower results in quadrant (about 50 less than on rls5). with cpu at 710mhz and swap of 150mb, 256 ram version chinese blade. the best result i could get is 988 (full wipe + quadrant). on average it's 930-970.

on rls5 with burstlam kernel + all my data and programs i managed to get about 1050 (custom cm7 builds put this up to 1200-1250). i don't know what the problem is, i'll stick to this rom for some time before i understand it's slower not only in benchmarks.

Edited by kirpika

Guest fox2000

Brilliant KonstaT, ty very much for this update, and btw thank you for the Froyo-style volume key, I'll be switching from MMHMP to SS finally :)

I'd like to pose a "strange" question: if I want this ROM to start with the old Market, say 2.2.11 found here, which changes should I make to the .zip before flashing? I bet that just replacing Vending.apk won't do the job...

I'm asking you this because days ago I had a nasty problem with Market purchases, which was fixable only by running the old Market, thus I had to bother doing a temporary install of a Froyo ROM... Instead, if I install your ROM with the old Market built in, in case of problems I could simply revert back by uninstalling upgrades, that's why I asked this strange question :)

Edited by fox2000

Guest matt4321

Brilliant KonstaT, ty very much for this update, and btw thank you for the Froyo-style volume key, I'll be switching from MMHMP to SS finally :)

I'd like to pose a "strange" question: if I want this ROM to start with the old Market, say 2.2.11 found here, which changes should I make to the .zip before flashing? I bet that just replacing Vending.apk won't do the job...

I'm asking you this because days ago I had a nasty problem with Market purchases, which was fixable only by running the old Market, thus I had to bother doing a temporary install of a Froyo ROM... Instead, if I install your ROM with the old Market built in, in case of problems I could simply revert back by uninstalling upgrades, that's why I asked this strange question :)

You should be good to flash the ROM as normal but then when in the ROM move the old market to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--. I've used this method in the past to use older markets since I prefer them. If you want to stop the market updating freeze the market updater apk, I've also used this, like I said I liked the old market and wanted to keep it.

Guest fox2000

You should be good to flash the ROM as normal but then when in the ROM move the old market to /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--. I've used this method in the past to use older markets since I prefer them. If you want to stop the market updating freeze the market updater apk, I've also used this, like I said I liked the old market and wanted to keep it.

I tried replacing Vending.apk in MMHMP but it didn't work. After rebooting either Market icon wasn't showing or it showed but the app force closed. Maybe I used a wrong .apk, the one I linked is said to work in Gingerbread, I'll try it too... anyway, which .apk do you use?

yes I know the trick of freezing market updater but, btw, why do you advice to change permissions (namely, to remove -x) ?

thank you!

Edited by fox2000

Guest matt4321

I tried replacing Vending.apk in MMHMP but it didn't work. After rebooting either Market icon wasn't showing or it showed but the app force closed. Maybe I used a wrong .apk, the one I linked is said to work in Gingerbread, I'll try it too... anyway, which .apk do you use?

yes I know the trick of freezing market updater but, btw, why do you advice to change permissions (namely, to remove -x) ?

thank you!

I don't know the technical reasons behind it but if you change the permissions to rw-r--r-- it should work, it has done for me in the past

Guest fox2000

I don't know the technical reasons behind it but if you change the permissions to rw-r--r-- it should work, it has done for me in the past

well I replaced the .apk, rebooted and changed permissions. Like happened before, it seems to work but as soon as I go to "my apps" I get a FC, and I'm not even able to launch it again :(

Are you using a special .apk? The one I linked is said to work on Gingerbread, but actually it doesn't seem to...

Guest DarkCrono

this rom is ok with proximity sensor, however i get lower results in quadrant (about 50 less than on rls5). with cpu at 710mhz and swap of 150mb, 256 ram version chinese blade. the best result i could get is 988 (full wipe + quadrant). on average it's 930-970.

on rls5 with burstlam kernel + all my data and programs i managed to get about 1050 (custom cm7 builds put this up to 1200-1250). i don't know what the problem is, i'll stick to this rom for some time before i understand it's slower not only in benchmarks.

On my chinese blade I need to reduce readahead cache size from 1024 to 128. This is a BOOST!

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest Vivek S Panicker

This ROM is based on official Comviq/Tele2 ZTE Blade Gingerbread GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03 Android 2.3.5 (built Fri Nov 11 01:55:47 HKT 2011). This ROM will continue where I left with Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie.

I think I need to try your latest ROM. I am completely a newbie in Android though I purchased this device before two months. When or I tried installing the other ROM, I did see the installation complete message and when rebooted I found after the white android logo screen a black screen with android written is showing up without any other messages. I waited 5 or 7 minutes before I remove the battery to restart the system. I never find any information how much time it will take to show the desktop after first boot.

So, I am trying to install your SS RLS6 in hours. Let me be clear in what I am trying to do. I am gonna put the zip file in SD card and reboot into recovery mode. From there, I am going wipe data/factory reset. Once this is done with I'll be installing the package file from sd card. I need to reboot after successful installation and wait for 10 minutes to see my desktop. This is the blue print of the action what I am going to adapt in some hours. Please review this and let me know if any additional packages or steps are required.

Edited by Vivek S Panicker

Guest Akash P

This is the blue print of the action what I am going to adapt in some hours. Please review this and let me know if any additional packages or steps are required.

Firstly, don't quote such a big post. Now to the point, Yes you need to boot into recovery wipe date, wipe cache, go into advanced and wipe dalvik just in case. Then, install the ROM from your sd. Make sure you have the right partition size before you do all this.

Btw, wth is Areena ??

Edited by Akash P

Guest Vivek S Panicker

Firstly, don't quote such a big post. Now to the point, Yes you need to boot into recovery wipe date, wipe cache, go into advanced and wipe dalvik just in case. Then, install the ROM from your sd. Make sure you have the right partition size before you do all this.

Btw, wth is Areena ??

Thank You, Tech Areena is my blog post ar wordpress. http://techareena.wordpress.com

Guest jerrin

Hi just installed Swedish Snow RLS6 on my Idea India branded Zte Blade, its the first fully working Custom Rom for my phone(had to install stock kernel in previous version) . Nice work and thanks.

Guest agpoli

Doesn't No-Frills CPU just change the CPU frequencies rather than GPU frequencies?

Standard stock speed is 122.88, it was overclocked up to 160mhz gpu/200mhz axi by kallt kaffe's old ahb/axi overclocking patch. I set it to half cpu speed for axi & ahb buses & the gpu set to axi bus speed. There was a comment in the code where the gpu was limited to 160mhz that said it was done to save power & oems could set it higher for better performance, it suggested setting it to the max axi bus speed - however the gpu has to run at the same speed as the axi bus (according to the next comment in the code) & that was set to 122.88 mhz (or 200mhz after kallt's patch).

Guest minifig

I'm having a strange problem with bluetooth in my car (after countless pairing and unpairing):

- when my phone's bluetooth is active before I turn on my radio, the connection seems fine but I can't make any calls.:unsure:

- when I turn on the bluetooth after I turn on the radio, all works fine.

Now I'm on RLS6 and the problem is stil there. Strange.

Guest thewild

KonstaT, I see from the changelog that you included CM7's Wifi driver in your ROM.

How did you manage this ? I'd like to use CM7's audio driver, but I don't know where to start.

I tried to replace libaudio.so from CM7, but /system is read only so I can't change anything in there. I guess anything that is at such a low level needs to be done with a clockworkmod patch ?

Thanks !

Guest matt4321

well I replaced the .apk, rebooted and changed permissions. Like happened before, it seems to work but as soon as I go to "my apps" I get a FC, and I'm not even able to launch it again :(

Are you using a special .apk? The one I linked is said to work on Gingerbread, but actually it doesn't seem to...

weird, download the gapps for gingerbread, take out every app except the market (vending.apk) then flash it in clockworkmod, that may help. By the sounds of it there may be something up with the apk you're using, possibly corrupt. you could also try before flashing to remove the current market you have installed. Give these ideas a go and let us know how you get on mate

edit: when I did it I just used the market from the appropriate gapps for gingerbread from goo-inside, which I believe are the ones hosted in ROM manager

Edited by matt4321