[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This ROM is the great. I changed to Nemus launcher and Swype keyboard, flashed the circle battery and used my wife as the wallpaper!.

Great work KonstaT.

Thanks,

+1 for the wife. :D

Guest youngsta2010

Titanium shows a bit incorrect sizes (maybe a conversion thing) but not by that much.

By default it measures 1kB = 1000 bytes you need to change it in Preferences>GUI Preferences to measure binary 1KB = 1024 bytes.

Guest Tom Cox

I installed a short while ago, no problems and a full wipe was done. For some reason I can't connect to MyPhoneExplorer on my PC anymore. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Guest dodyweb

i reinstalled the rom...and its working for now....the bug with menu animation jumping back and forward not apeared anymore...strange but ...lucky for me!

Im testing the rom for a couple of days and i comeback with impressions.

Thanks KonstaT!

Guest Amphoras

128MB, that seems like a small footprint. I TPT'd to install MMHMP months back and I'm guessing I choose a 200mb partition for the rom. Just checked Titanium and it says the rom (which is now SS RLS6) is 167MB with 37.5 free. Does that mean I'm wasting that 37mb that could be used to make the system faster?

Also, I reckon ICS for the Blade may be coming good in a few months. So, will 4.0 always need the larger partition anyway? In other words is there much sense in re-TPTing just a for a couple of months? Hope that's clearer than mud. :-)

Cheers, Bill

By default it measures 1kB = 1000 bytes you need to change it in Preferences>GUI Preferences to measure binary 1KB = 1024 bytes.

What he said. 167MB in Titanium Backup is really 160MB, it just uses a different way of calculating it. I know because the dev added that option after I emailed him saying it didn't show the right sizes on my phone and he explained it to me :P.

ICS will probably always need a larger partition unless you delete a lot from it first. Pretty certain it will need more than 128MB unless you go really crazy removing stuff. If you are planning on changing with any regularity, its better to use the TPT to get a larger /system partition and then stay with it. Every time you use a TPT, there's a small chance it will brick your phone, so the less often you need to use it the better.

Guest bladebuddy

Just a quick question about unused system partition space. I recently learnt after using titanium backup for a year now that you can move any apk to the system if you wish. I know it causes problem with some apks. I have moved my PDF reader and some other apps there without it causing any issues or f.c, I always backup before doing this. So is it safe to do this or would you not recommend it.

Guest tesy77

RLS 6 = nefunguje standardní kameru (omlouvám se moje angličtina)

Orange San Francisco GB 2010- Camera only black screen

Edited by tesy77

Just tried....first deleted in RSL6 the file phone.apk, copied the phone.apk from MMHMP to the new RSL6, restarted the phone, and got no error.

After this, I startet the TomTom, and let it look for BT devices. Than an error on the phoneprocess com.android.phone is stopped and it is now in a loop....

also same error on the screen from TomTom, error during checking telephonefunctions....

ZTE must have changed something.....but where???

@Konstat. have you check this? Hope you found something.....back again to MMHMP..... sad.gif

Guest Murtas1987

Hey man, i'm sorry to bother you,

i loved the rom and it's already running on my gen 2 blade. Nicelly done!!!

The thing is, theres a app called zon phone, wich allows portuguese "zon communications network users" to "connect" their phones, via wifi, using the app, to their servers, and making your mobile an addicional wifi based home phone, the app installs just fine, log in just fine, but, when we call using zon phone the app only function in loudspeaker. this doesnt happen in stock our cyanogen ROM mods.

But i'm not interested to used any other roms again because yours works just perfectly, can you just please give it a look and send me or post a fix for this?

Thank you for the perfect job you've done with this rom, i've flashed over 10 roms in 1 year and yours is just THE BEST!!!

kEEP ON THE GOOD WORK :D

Guest MidaMilunk

I tried to change the contacts, and contactsprovider apks as usual to the ones from the current CM7 branch to have T9 dialer, but it caused FCs with "android.process.acore stopped" - or similar - message. I also tried it with or witout mms.apk - no difference!

Fruit Ninja is still laggy as hell.

Feeling of using the ROM is very good though as usual, WiFi and BT are fast (and stable?). No longer experience, since I can not live without T9, and the "FruitNinja case" is also a problem for me - not because I can not live without it, but I can not imagine, this is the only app what is affected. It does exist from RLS5, 4b was OK.

I had success also changing the dialer before RLS6.

Guest chapmans35

I tried to change the contacts, and contactsprovider apks as usual to the ones from the current CM7 branch to have T9 dialer, but it caused FCs with "android.process.acore stopped" - or similar - message. I also tried it with or witout mms.apk - no difference!

I managed to copy contacts, and contactsprovider apks from MMHMP v9 and now running T9. copy from one zip to another and then run updated V6 with clockwork. :-)

Guest Un4got10

Internet isn't working on my blade: in access points there is MCC:450 and other option is 02, instead of my 434/05, and when i change this value, it save the point, but it doesn't appear in access points list

Guest Bruinbaard

Wow this is my first mod and it is really nice! Everything works like a charm except for the camera.

I've got a dutch blade from the webshop wehkamp which is said to be from the newest batch.

The camera is still upside down and crashes when a photo is taken.

With alternative camera apps I am able to take photo's without crashes but the picture is still upside down.

Today i installed camera360 which allows me to rotate the camera, so it is finally working like it should, but camera360 seems to drain my battery a lot.

Isn't there some camera config file that allows me to change the picture degree? I have been looking for it in the root but so far no luck.

I have also installed camera zoom FX which doesn't have the option to rotate the picture but when I go into settings -> Other -> Send device information there are some clues that there are settings about the camera angle which can be set; vertical-view-angle=42.5 and horizontal-view-angle=54.8.

I have also been looking for the config files of camerazoom FX in the root but again no luck.

Does anyone know where these files are located or if they even exist?

Guest KonstaT

YMxMjCHuYEY8YEfJqtKD0XniOsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=tesy77, dne 14. března 2012 - 17:51, řekl:

RLS 6 = nefunguje standardní kameru (omlouvám se moje angličtina)

<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Nefunguje, jak přesně? Kdy / kde jste koupit svůj meč / Libra? Můžete poskytnout informace o snímač fotoaparátu Telefon má? Vím, že některé novější (holandština) modely ještě vyletěl náhled obrazovky, ale myslím, že kamery otázky by měly být dodány pro všechny ostatní.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">

Orange San Francisco GB 2010- Camera only black screen

What? :D

I guess this is about the camera? Have you tried the two alternative kernels in the first post?

@Konstat. have you check this? Hope you found something.....back again to MMHMP..... sad.gif

Sorry, I have no way of reproducing this. There is nothing I can do if I can't get any information that I can use. Try getting a logcat.

Hey man, i'm sorry to bother you,

i loved the rom and it's already running on my gen 2 blade. Nicelly done!!!

The thing is, theres a app called zon phone, wich allows portuguese "zon communications network users" to "connect" their phones, via wifi, using the app, to their servers, and making your mobile an addicional wifi based home phone, the app installs just fine, log in just fine, but, when we call using zon phone the app only function in loudspeaker. this doesnt happen in stock our cyanogen ROM mods.

But i'm not interested to used any other roms again because yours works just perfectly, can you just please give it a look and send me or post a fix for this?

Thank you for the perfect job you've done with this rom, i've flashed over 10 roms in 1 year and yours is just THE BEST!!!

kEEP ON THE GOOD WORK :D

So this is a some sort of VoIP app? It's a known bug in ZTE ROMs that VoIP audio is routed through speaker. There is a work-around using Andorko's 0.6 version of the FM radio app. After starting/closing that app VoIP audio is routed through earpiece until next reboot.

Interesting part is that it works on your stock ROM. What was you stock ROM? Did you test Skype/Viber on your stock ROM and saw if they worked?

Wow this is my first mod and it is really nice! Everything works like a charm except for the camera.

I've got a dutch blade from the webshop wehkamp which is said to be from the newest batch.

The camera is still upside down and crashes when a photo is taken.

With alternative camera apps I am able to take photo's without crashes but the picture is still upside down.

Today i installed camera360 which allows me to rotate the camera, so it is finally working like it should, but camera360 seems to drain my battery a lot.

Isn't there some camera config file that allows me to change the picture degree? I have been looking for it in the root but so far no luck.

I have also installed camera zoom FX which doesn't have the option to rotate the picture but when I go into settings -> Other -> Send device information there are some clues that there are settings about the camera angle which can be set; vertical-view-angle=42.5 and horizontal-view-angle=54.8.

I have also been looking for the config files of camerazoom FX in the root but again no luck.

Does anyone know where these files are located or if they even exist?

Yeah, it's a known bug for those newest dutch Blades. Even the latest kernel source release from ZTE didn't fix it. There is really nothing I can do about it, but if you come up with some interesting work-arounds please share them with other dutch users. :)

Guest Bruinbaard

Yeah, it's a known bug for those newest dutch Blades. Even the latest kernel source release from ZTE didn't fix it. There is really nothing I can do about it, but if you come up with some interesting work-arounds please share them with other dutch users. :)

Hmm Too bad.

You don't happen to know the location of the camera config file or if it even exists?

Or do you know where apps store their settings in general?

Guest X-travaganza

first of all, thx for the great ROM but I do have a question...

I want to try out the new RLS6 as I now have the RLS4 on my blade. Can I do this with the "update ROM" option on CWM and do I have to do a full wipe or can I just update the ROM to RLS6? This will be my first update because before that I stayed with the same ROM until I found another "great looking ROM" to test (but now I just want to use the updated version because I like this rom so much and I'm probably only going to change to another ROM when ICS is fully working and operational :P)

Greetz and keep up the good work,

X-travaganza

Guest The Guvnor

first of all, thx for the great ROM but I do have a question...

I want to try out the new RLS6 as I now have the RLS4 on my blade. Can I do this with the "update ROM" option on CWM and do I have to do a full wipe or can I just update the ROM to RLS6? This will be my first update because before that I stayed with the same ROM until I found another "great looking ROM" to test (but now I just want to use the updated version because I like this rom so much and I'm probably only going to change to another ROM when ICS is fully working and operational :P)

Greetz and keep up the good work,

X-travaganza

I went from RLS4 the 6 after wiping cache partition and dalvik. No full wipe. All is fine. Its will talk a few mins to boot, and once it does, it will also take a few mins for all your apps to be available. But after that initial boot, its a fast as anything.

Hope that helps.

Guest BadMan PimpY

Circle Thin Battery + Colorized Icons MOD for SS-RLS6!!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

DOWNLOAD

MD5: 05beb571a9dc710660900dbfb13af7d5

Hi, How do I add this, give some proper instructions.......Do I add before I install the rom or after I have installed the rom, How do I install this add on?

Dont just say flash it!!!!!!! Guide me through it please.

I have already installed Swedish Snow RLS6.

I'm new to this, it will help other folk aswel......I keep seeing post like this......smh!!!

Will I still have the statusbar software keys. HOME, MENU and BACK softkeys with long press functions?

Your Turn

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest matje103

Hi Konstat,

I found this bug: My phone doesn't vibrate when I get a SMS. In settings --> Sound --> Vibrate I have selected 'always'. I have the add-on call connect vibrate installed. Maybe it has to do something with that.

Could you fix this?