[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hmm Too bad.

You don't happen to know the location of the camera config file or if it even exists?

Or do you know where apps store their settings in general?

Stock camera app keeps data in /data/data/com.android.camera. Nothing that would help there though. Also third party apps store their data in /data/data.

It's a kernel related issue. ZTE would need to release accurate .32 kernel source that matches the kernel in your stock ROM. Another way would be to somehow modify the existing MT9P111 camera driver. I don't have the required kernel development skills to do this.

Is there any way to get the rings unlock screen on this ROM?

There are plenty of lockscreen replacement apps in the play shop.

Hi Konstat,

I found this bug: My phone doesn't vibrate when I get a SMS. In settings --> Sound --> Vibrate I have selected 'always'. I have the add-on call connect vibrate installed. Maybe it has to do something with that.

Could you fix this?

Messaging -> MENU -> Settings -> Notification settings -> Vibrate

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Chocolate Columbo
There are plenty of lockscreen replacement apps in the play shop

Do you know of any that are any good though ? WidgetLocker is a premium app that I'd rather not use because it stops YouTube with screen off, tried ICS lock screen pro but it changes the background's entire layer and isn't very good at all, and the others seem to be for GO Launcher?

Would like to use a theme but never found it easy getting themes for RLS4 onwards...

Guest MidaMilunk

I managed to copy contacts, and contactsprovider apks from MMHMP v9 and now running T9. copy from one zip to another and then run updated V6 with clockwork. :-)

Thanks!

I know how to change... but in RL44b and RLS5 the apk's from CM7 did also work.

Maybe I will try it from MMHMP also, but there's still the game performance problem - I am really surprised that no one is experiencing any similar!

Sorry, I have no way of reproducing this. There is nothing I can do if I can't get any information that I can use. Try getting a logcat.

How to make a logcat???? Any idea, sure I want to give more info

Guest tesy77

I have orange san francisco from Great Britain in 2010, a gen1

How do I find what I was camera?

rls 5 ok camera

rls 6 camera does not work, only black screen

Edited by tesy77

Guest adrianomm

Hi, How do I add this, give some proper instructions.......Do I add before I install the rom or after I have installed the rom, How do I install this add on?

Dont just say flash it!!!!!!! Guide me through it please.

I have already installed Swedish Snow RLS6.

I'm new to this, it will help other folk aswel......I keep seeing post like this......smh!!!

Will I still have the statusbar software keys. HOME, MENU and BACK softkeys with long press functions?

Your Turn

You can install in clockworkmod, the same way you did install RLS6. Copy the zipfile to your sd card, boot into recovery, click on install zip and point to the zip file you have downloaded.

I did install it and I like the color icons very much. The screen lock is a little strange. If I could get the original lock screen back this mod would be perfect... Is that any way?

Guest BadMan PimpY

You can install in clockworkmod, the same way you did install RLS6. Copy the zipfile to your sd card, boot into recovery, click on install zip and point to the zip file you have downloaded.

I did install it and I like the color icons very much. The screen lock is a little strange. If I could get the original lock screen back this mod would be perfect... Is that any way?

Thank you mate,

In what way does the screen lock change?

Edited by BadMan PimpY

Guest adrianomm

Thank you mate,

In what way does the screen lock change?

The slide icons to unlock and set to vibrate are not the same. They look ok on your wallpaper, but weird on mine. If I can change those icons back to the original it will be perfect...

Thanks

Guest BadMan PimpY

The slide icons to unlock and set to vibrate are not the same. They look ok on your wallpaper, but weird on mine. If I can change those icons back to the original it will be perfect...

Thanks

Do you mean it does not look like the one in the screenshot xside posted below and do you still have the statusbar software keys. HOME, MENU and BACK softkeys.

5.jpg

Guest skethi

Hello!

Does anybody use CallRecorder on this ROM? I have bugs on records such as scratches, echoes etc. But it worked perfectly on MMHP.

Edited by skethi

Guest chraist

Hi all!

If you have a gen 3 and install SS and then the gen3-addon from MMHMP. Will it be 100% working or does the addon change something important in this rom or any rom?

Have a friend running ss rls6 with gen3 addon and everything seems to work just fine for now.

Thx.

Guest marcosinus

Hello!

Does anybody use CallRecorder on this ROM? I have bugs on records such as scratches, echoes etc. But it worked perfectly on MMHP.

No I just use the dialer recorder (during a call : push MENU key > record), and all works fine.

Guest taannuk

Thank you KonstaT for the great ROM!

I upgraded from the last release of Moldovan to RLS6 with a full wipe, installed all applications from under the Titanium and noticed that in the Market they are not listed among "My Applications". Is it a bug or will appear later (I rebooted twice with no effect)?

Thank you!!!

Guest chapmans35

Do you mean it does not look like the one in the screenshot xside posted below and do you still have the statusbar software keys. HOME, MENU and BACK softkeys.

5.jpg

Just flashed with this mod and sliders are as above. Softkeys are still there too. :rolleyes:

Guest KonstaT

How to make a logcat???? Any idea, sure I want to give more info

You can use aLogcat or similar app. Try getting the log read from the time your issue occurs (the shorter the better ;)).

I have orange san francisco from Great Britain in 2010, a gen1

How do I find what I was camera?

rls 5 ok camera

rls 6 camera does not work, only black screen

Have you tried SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip add-on? It's basically the same kernel that was in RLS5.

If your camera works with that, can you provide information on your camera sensor type?

Hi all!

If you have a gen 3 and install SS and then the gen3-addon from MMHMP. Will it be 100% working or does the addon change something important in this rom or any rom?

Have a friend running ss rls6 with gen3 addon and everything seems to work just fine for now.

Thx.

Yeah, it should be completely fine and fully working as far as I know. :)

Someone reported some strange issue with it (phone didn't boot?) so I never 'officially' added it. There is no way of me testing it so...

I upgraded from the last release of Moldovan to RLS6 with a full wipe, installed all applications from under the Titanium and noticed that in the Market they are not listed among "My Applications". Is it a bug or will appear later (I rebooted twice with no effect)?

Thank you!!!

I think you need to set up google account for the market to appear. This came as I changed to google services framework from latest gapps package. It should work now the same way it works in CM7.

Guest timfimjim

Great ROM, using the port on skate and about to put this on my brothers blade...

Do you know if it has contacts merging with Facebook contacts (like cm7)? Haven't managed to get it working on my skate yet and was wondering if it's the ROM or maybe part of the porting...

Thanks

Guest cHunter

Konstat, I have found error with polish translation in gtalk. Looks like gtalk is in english even when i chose polish as android language. I'm sure it was ok in SS4b. Looks like the problem occur only in polish language. For example when I change language to germany everything is ok...

Guest termagazis

Thank you!!!

do this:in titanium backup preferences (with wifi on) check the dropbox option.close titanium open again titanium uncheck the dropbox.close titanium backup and get into market.it should be ok now.

Guest BadMan PimpY

Just flashed with this mod and sliders are as above. Softkeys are still there too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info mate, I just flashed the add-on and it looks great.

@KonstaT....Thank you for your hard work and support on this great rom :)

Guest xside

I use the GB Tele2 kernel fix4 every Swedish Snow RLS versions, wifi speed is full, when i send files from phone to pc and reverse too (2000 kilobyte/sec and net 20/10 Mbit/s speedtest) and work without bug...

I probabled all kernel, but everything is slowly (200-1200 and 5/5 speedtest)...

KonstaT can you see what is different?