[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Lord_Snake

With new kernel, my European Gen2 blade 748mhz and it has restarts

Cus this kernel already has AHB, GPU and AXI bus OCed.

Now mine is also just stable at 729Mhz.

Guest Bruinbaard

Stock camera app keeps data in /data/data/com.android.camera. Nothing that would help there though. Also third party apps store their data in /data/data.

Isn't there some way to simply replace the camera drivers on my phone with the one out of my stock rom which i have backed up.

For example i found these files in /system/lib: libc.so, libcamera.so, libcamera_client.so, libcameraservice.so and libcm.so

I don't know exactly what these lib files do so I might me talking complete bull here :P, but if i replace these files with the ones from my stock rom will that do any good?

Guest aianas

@KonstaT

This is an amazing ROM and I have to say that this is how ROMs are supposed to work by the factory. Anyway, great work, very very well done!

Just one question: Suppose tomorrow I want to re-flash it from scratch. Since I have already flashed it once via Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip and it made the gen1 to gen2 thingy, I suppose from now on I just flash the Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip version, not the Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip one. Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks again for your great work.

Edited by aianas

Guest totomorris

Thanks for you r effort. Ihave installed this and it now maked my phone responsive reliable and above all usuable on a day to day basis. Great stuff and thgnkas again for you skill and intelligence. I look forward to your latest update.

Guest sm4tik

@KonstaT

This is an amazing ROM and I have to say that this is how ROMs are supposed to work by the factory. Anyway, great work, very very well done!

Just one question: Suppose tomorrow I want to re-flash it from scratch. Since I have already flashed it once via Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip and it made the gen1 to gen2 thingy, I suppose from now on I just flash the Swedish-Snow-RLS6.zip version, not the Swedish-Snow-RLS6-TPT.zip one. Am I assuming correctly?

Thanks again for your great work.

Yes, that's right. If you ever use a TPT again, it will wipe everything on your phone. Wiping dalvik cache is recommended when flashing a new rom, it's found under advanced options in clockworkmod. Also, pay attention to the release notes as sometimes a full wipe is needed/recommended.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest stealthyboss

For some reason on Every rom I've tried, I've always had grid lines on youtube app in low quality mode, I've tried changing vm heap size, dalvik cache and everything else related, but after a few reboots they always reappear.

the only temp fix is to boot into clockworkmod and reeboot to rom

Guest aianas

Yes, that's right. If you ever use a TPT again, it will wipe everything on your phone. Wiping dalvik cache is recommended when flashing a new rom, it's found under advanced options in clockworkmod. Also, pay attention to the release notes as sometimes a full wipe is needed/recommended.

Thanks, that clarifies everything.

Even so, I can safely assume that (as long as I have a backup of my photos/music/whatever), even if I apply the TPT, everything will still be ok.

Just checking...

Guest sm4tik

Thanks, that clarifies everything.

Even so, I can safely assume that (as long as I have a backup of my photos/music/whatever), even if I apply the TPT, everything will still be ok.

Just checking...

Yes. Everything on your sdcard will be left the way they are (not 100% sure about sd-ext). Titanium backup is good for backing up your apps, though when changing android version restoring won't always work. There's also a bunch of apps for backing up other stuff like messages etc.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest aianas

Yes. Everything on your sdcard will be left the way they are (not 100% sure about sd-ext). Titanium backup is good for backing up your apps, though when changing android version restoring won't always work. There's also a bunch of apps for backing up other stuff like messages etc.

Ok, thanks again!

Guest tesy77

Have you tried SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip add-on? It's basically the same kernel that was in RLS5.

If your camera works with that, can you provide information on your camera sensor type?

thank you old kernel works with my camera

Guest yavor_bg

How comes when i tap phone it opens the contacts tab? Can i set the phone as default tab? I'm trying to click the menu button when in phone but nothing pops up.

This is very anoying and would force me to install zte dialer to see if there is such problem but i don't really feel like full wipeing...

Guest MidaMilunk

I have tested the "gaming lag" problem without happy ending. All three kernel versions lag badly, maybe the stock kernel the least... Any CM7 performs much better.

Earlier I loved MMHMP, also used early SS versions - but it always rebooted periodically if I use any navigation in the car, while charging (1000mA charger - must use it while navigation runs, as you all know).

The current version is not tested against car navigation (RLS5 was affected also) but this lagging in games (Fruit Ninja especially, which is not knows to be very GPU intensive)... I think I have to let this thread go, since apparently no one suffers any of my problems, so no chance to have a solution. :)

This may be a specific problem for may device, but none of the problems can be seen using CM7 ROMs.

Guest alanli613

Just switch from Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9

Nice Job, DUDE....

I can feel the speed is faster than before

so far so good..I'm very happy with this new ROM

Recommend who is using Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie should try this !

Guest Jitesh12345

KonsTat , my wifi is sleeping very fast...everytme i download something from opera or something else..after 2-3 min ( screen Off ) the wifi disconnects and then i open the screen it re connects again...this interupts my download...any solution..? i m a newbie.. :)

Guest uumeshh
KonsTat , my wifi is sleeping very fast...everytme i download something from opera or something else..after 2-3 min ( screen Off ) the wifi disconnects and then i open the screen it re connects again...this interupts my download...any solution..? i m a newbie..

change your WiFi sleep policy.

Guest thewild

i wondering what is this? -SS-RLS6-Toggle2G.zip what does that zipfile do?

It installs an app that switches your phone to 2G when screen is off.

It saves some battery.

Guest DellXCD35

Million Thanks KonstaT,

I was just wondering if you can speed up the internet speeds by modifying the TCP IP buffer sizes?

The FISH and CHIPS rom had the fastest internet speeds over wifi, 3g and GPRS. Below is the comment from the ROM developer

- **TCP buffer sizes optimised for extra "OOOMMMPHHHH" over EDGE, 3G and WIFI

** found on XDA

Guest ilopez85

Hi KonstaT.

Congratulations for this fantastic ROM, thanks to it I have doubled the battery life.

I had some FCs with Link2SD application, do you know what could it be?

Thanks.

Edited by ilopez85

Guest elvis56nl

Hi,

i have installed this rom on several ZTE blade phones and they were all working great up untill recently. As you will have heard already probably here in Holland we have some new hardware revision of the Blade now. The camera works on the default rom it comes with but not on any other rom. with RLS 6 of your rom the camera does display an image but all movement is inverted and taking a picture causes the camera application to crash(and no photo is taken). I made a CWm backup of the default rom, are there any files i could extract to make the camera work on your rom?

Guest Bruinbaard

Hi,

i have installed this rom on several ZTE blade phones and they were all working great up untill recently. As you will have heard already probably here in Holland we have some new hardware revision of the Blade now. The camera works on the default rom it comes with but not on any other rom. with RLS 6 of your rom the camera does display an image but all movement is inverted and taking a picture causes the camera application to crash(and no photo is taken). I made a CWm backup of the default rom, are there any files i could extract to make the camera work on your rom?

I am also looking at this problem and waiting for response of KonstaT.

As a quick fix you can download camera360 which allows you to rotate the camera angle in the settings.

Go to settings->more->Direction Revise of camera->and do both revise of viewing and revise of saved photo. Now You have a fully functioning camera again altough you'll have to use camera360 which i don't really like.

I noticed it has quite a big battery drain and some questionable permissions.

Guest Lord_Snake

Million Thanks KonstaT,

I was just wondering if you can speed up the internet speeds by modifying the TCP IP buffer sizes?

The FISH and CHIPS rom had the fastest internet speeds over wifi, 3g and GPRS. Below is the comment from the ROM developer

http://android.modac...ost__p__1852651

- **TCP buffer sizes optimised for extra "OOOMMMPHHHH" over EDGE, 3G and WIFI

** found on XDA

This already was answered by KonstaT. That is more to cheat the values than other things. In browsing/downloading/streaming(/...) isn't quicker at all...

Guest KonstaT

Konstat, I have found error with polish translation in gtalk. Looks like gtalk is in english even when i chose polish as android language. I'm sure it was ok in SS4b. Looks like the problem occur only in polish language. For example when I change language to germany everything is ok...

Yeah, actually it's now different version of gtalk. I changed it when I switched the whole google services framework (saved me ~5mb from system). Apparently it's missing some translations. You could try using /system/app/Talk.apk and /system/lib/libtalkjni.so from RLS4b.

Where can i found WyContacts like RS2?

Use /system/app/Contacts.apk and /system/app/ContactsProvider.apk from RLS2.

How comes when i tap phone it opens the contacts tab? Can i set the phone as default tab? I'm trying to click the menu button when in phone but nothing pops up.

This is very anoying and would force me to install zte dialer to see if there is such problem but i don't really feel like full wipeing...

Or install a different launcher from the play shop. ;)

Hi KonstaT.

Congratulations for this fantastic ROM, thanks to it I have doubled the battery life.

I had some FCs with Link2SD application, do you know what could it be?

Thanks.

This ROM already comes with Darktremor a2sd which is already active if you have EXT partition on your sdcard. There is no need for Link2SD.

Guest KonstaT

Isn't there some way to simply replace the camera drivers on my phone with the one out of my stock rom which i have backed up.

For example i found these files in /system/lib: libc.so, libcamera.so, libcamera_client.so, libcameraservice.so and libcm.so

I don't know exactly what these lib files do so I might me talking complete bull here :P, but if i replace these files with the ones from my stock rom will that do any good?

Hi,

Yeah, there is really nothing much I can do about it. It's most likely kernel related issue. Changing libs won't probably help. You can of course experiment with switching some of those libs from your stock ROM. liboemcamera.so, libmmjpeg.so and libmmipl.so are also camera related. It'll most likely only leave you with camera that doesn't work at all.

ZTE would need to release 2.6.32 (froyo) kernel source code that matches the kernel used in your dutch blades. Someone with necessary kernel development skills (=not me :P) should also be able to modify the excisting kernel camera driver to flip the preview image.

You might want to start a new thread about this issue because it affects every ROM (except your stock ROM). Now with CM7.2-RC1 released, you also might want to report this issue into CM7 issue tracker.