[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Bruinbaard

Yeah, there is really nothing much I can do about it. It's most likely kernel related issue. Changing libs won't probably help. You can of course experiment with switching some of those libs from your stock ROM. liboemcamera.so, libmmjpeg.so and libmmipl.so are also camera related. It'll most likely only leave you with camera that doesn't work at all.

ZTE would need to release 2.6.32 (froyo) kernel source code that matches the kernel used in your dutch blades. Someone with necessary kernel development skills (=not me :P) should also be able to modify the excisting kernel camera driver to flip the preview image.

You might want to start a new thread about this issue because it affects every ROM (except your stock ROM). Now with CM7.2-RC1 released, you also might want to report this issue into CM7 issue tracker.

Ok I did a little experimentation but didn't go too well xD

I extracted libcamera.so libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so from my backup and replaced the current files with them.

Then i started the camera but nothing changed.

After that i rebooted because i figured the changes may happen after a reboot, but my blade was stuck at the droid logo xD.

I am now flashing CM9 for a quick peek and after that will probably return to your RLS6.

I will tell my store to some CM developers maybe they know what happend and how to fix it :P maybe they'll find some use in my stock rom lib files.

Guest shanky887614

Hi KonstaT.

Congratulations for this fantastic ROM, thanks to it I have doubled the battery life.

I had some FCs with Link2SD application, do you know what could it be?

Thanks.

backup everything!!! if you don't you will lose it

including apps.

copy it all to pc

then you want to into recovery mode (clockworkmod) create an ext partition i created 4gb

then copy all files back onto memory card and phone from within clockworkmod

then restore system apps from backup (i used titanium backup)

then restore all your apps to internal memory and it will stick them on the memory card in the ext partition and you can mount the sd card and still access apps and it is quicker to mount and unmount because of the apps

Guest sidbali

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for this fantastic ROM, It's working like a charm on my Dell XCD-35 (ZTE BLADE). Fallen in love all over again with this phone all thanks to the fantastic "Swedish Snow RLS6".

A couple of queries though:

1. My Blade was a GEN1 and I used your "All-in-one TPT installation" to get this ROM onboard. What I need to know is that CAN I use the Add-ons (-SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip in particular) on my device even though it was updated to gen2 via TPT method? I am not sure about this as the Add-ons section seems to be listed right after the "This ROM is for gen2 devices only:" section.

2. Is it possible to change the "BOOT ANIMATION". I have the "bootanimation.zip" file from my DELL STREAK 5 and was wanting to use that instead. If its a "YES", how do I go about it?

3. I was fooling around with the wallpapers and figured I LOVED the DEFAULT WALLPAPER that was provided with this ROM. Unfortunately I don't know how to get it back as I don't see it in any of the wallpaper options. :blink: Some help please!!

Thanks once again for this FANATSTIC ROM.

Cheers!!

Edited by sidbali

Guest KonstaT

A couple of queries though:

1. My Blade was a GEN1 and I used your "All-in-one TPT installation" to get this ROM onboard. What I need to know is that CAN I use the Add-ons (-SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip in particular) on my device even though it was updated to gen2 via TPT method? I am not sure about this as the Add-ons section seems to be listed right after the "This ROM is for gen2 devices only:" section.

2. Is it possible to change the "BOOT ANIMATION". I have the "bootanimation.zip" file from my DELL STREAK 5 and was wanting to use that instead. If its a "YES", how do I go about it?

3. I was fooling around with the wallpapers and figured I LOVED the DEFAULT WALLPAPER that was provided with this ROM. Unfortunately I don't know how to get it back as I don't see it in any of the wallpaper options. :blink: Some help please!!

1. Your device is now gen2. You can use any of the add-ons listed on the first post.

2. Copy your bootanimation.zip into /system/media/ using Root Explorer or similar app.

3. You can find it inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk. You can use any zip tool to unzip it. Default wallpaper is at /res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg.

Guest thewild

KonstaT, do you know why ZTE smartdialer requires a full wipe ?

There are many dialers in the market that install just like normal apps, why not this one ?

Guest elvis56nl

Maybe i should go another route keeping the 2.2 default rom and install app2sd and some other features there. Any tips how to install App2sd and power menu additions ?

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

How can i revert this: -SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

I want my battery indicator back if possible :). I actually did not like the battery indication bar at the top.

Guest elrond_bs

KonstaT, do you know why ZTE smartdialer requires a full wipe ?

There are many dialers in the market that install just like normal apps, why not this one ?

Because it is a system app and replaces your system launcher, it is not an additional app taking some functions from the system dialer and cannot be used as such.

One way to avoid installing and setting your apps all over again is to use Titanum Backup - backup and restore all apps except those related to contacts, dialer and sms app. Don't forget to backup your contacts, sms and similar with some other method or app different from Titanum (search the Market... uum Google Play Shop)

By the way, the Toggle2G/3G addon is an old version (v0.0.17), newest is v0.0.23.

I had some minor issues with RLS4b - few restarts (without overclocking), some lag in Launcher Pro (with Live wallpaper and lots of icons and widgets), which i didn't have in MMHMP RLS9 (with exact same apps and widgets), so i went back to it. Now I have tried RLS6 and was blown away be the smothness and

lag free experience, all problems gone and battery seems better than MMHMP (which at least for me was somewhat poor on battery). This ROM is an achievement, significantly improving our Blades! Thank you, KonstaT!

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest shanky887614

if people are using launcher pro

i recomend to try go launcher

by the people that make go sms

it seems to be quicker to me and is updated very often

Guest fraxos

I am afraid that ever having installed RLS6 I have been having nothing but problems. In particular I did a full wipe and then proceeded to install RLS6 and then subsequently a number of apps. Yet every time I restart the phone the apps that have been installed on the SD (via a2sd) simply disappear. I have tried 2-3 times and every time I end up with the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Guest thewild

Because it is a system app and replaces your system launcher, it is not an additional app taking some functions from the system dialer and cannot be used as such.

One way to avoid installing and setting your apps all over again is to use Titanum Backup - backup and restore all apps except those related to contacts, dialer and sms app. Don't forget to backup your contacts, sms and similar with some other method or app different from Titanum (search the Market... uum Google Play Shop)

By the way, the Toggle2G/3G addon is an old version (v0.0.17), newest is v0.0.23.

Thanks a lot for your answer, very informative.

I'm always reluctant to use Titanium backup. I never really understand what I should include or not in the backup/restore.

I think last time I tried was when I swapped from MMHMP to Cyanongenmod, and restoring the system settings resulted in some mess (Wifi networks and bluetooth pairings were not restored for instance).

Maybe I'll give it another try after doing a nandroid backup, and I'll try to install ZTE dialer afterwards.

Thanks !

Edit : about Toggle2G 0.0.23, can I just flash it over my existing 0.0.17 version ?

Edited by thewild

Guest eirlysbill1

Thanks a lot for your answer, very informative.

I'm always reluctant to use Titanium backup. I never really understand what I should include or not in the backup/restore.

I think last time I tried was when I swapped from MMHMP to Cyanongenmod, and restoring the system settings resulted in some mess (Wifi networks and bluetooth pairings were not restored for instance).

Maybe I'll give it another try after doing a nandroid backup, and I'll try to install ZTE dialer afterwards.

Thanks !

Edit : about Toggle2G 0.0.23, can I just flash it over my existing 0.0.17 version ?

Another thing the needs backed up are calendar entries. Google sync does the job, but I didn't know that the first time I wipe the phone, and I learned the hard way. tongue.gif

Guest elrond_bs

No, it has to be correctly signed.

KonstaT, I have added my own LowBattery.ogg sound (for low battery notification) but it seems that the %-s at which it plays are changed or removed. Can you confirm?

Guest DellXCD35

This already was answered by KonstaT. That is more to cheat the values than other things. In browsing/downloading/streaming(/...) isn't quicker at all...

Strange. I clearly noticed that youtube buffering was very fast compared to my old roms.

TCP ip optimizers do work very well in Computers. I was wondering whether same was done in the Fish and Chips rom.

Will try the speed on this rom once.

Guest sidbali

1. Your device is now gen2. You can use any of the add-ons listed on the first post.

2. Copy your bootanimation.zip into /system/media/ using Root Explorer or similar app.

3. You can find it inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk. You can use any zip tool to unzip it. Default wallpaper is at /res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg.

Thanks KonstaT.......followed your instructions above and all is done perfectly.

1. The "-SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip" looks awesome.

2. The android logo splash followed by the DELL "bootanimation.zip" looks awesome. (PS: I am attaching the file to this post if anyone else wants to use it on their DELL or ZTE)

3. Default wallpaper restored and saved on the SDcard......looks awesome. (PS: Also attaching the same if anyone else wants it easy)

post-971070-0-92363800-1332247677_thumb.

Thanks a ton for the immediate response and support........contribution coming your way.......you DESERVE it !!!!!

All in all the "Swedish Snow RLS6" looks SWEET and works like a DREAM.

Thanks and Regards,

sidbali.

NOTE: Contribution dispatched.......... Confirmation number: 85183600A5555931L ...............Keep up the fantastic work ;)

Edited by sidbali

Guest wakeup12

Thanks KonstaT.......followed your instructions above and all is done perfectly.

1. The "-SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip" looks awesome.

2. The android logo splash followed by the DELL "bootanimation.zip" looks awesome. (PS: I am attaching the file to this post if anyone else wants to use it on their DELL or ZTE)

3. Default wallpaper restored and saved on the SDcard......looks awesome. (PS: Also attaching the same if anyone else wants it easy)

post-971070-0-92363800-1332247677_thumb.

Thanks a ton for the immediate response and support........contribution coming your way.......you DESERVE it !!!!!

All in all the "Swedish Snow RLS6" looks SWEET and works like a DREAM.

Thanks and Regards,

sidbali.

NOTE: Contribution dispatched.......... Confirmation number: 85183600A5555931L ...............Keep up the fantastic work ;)

Hello,

Have you succeeded in seeing the circle battery indicator?

i installed that one, but still I have no battery indicator?

Guest sidbali

Hello,

Have you succeeded in seeing the circle battery indicator?

i installed that one, but still I have no battery indicator?

Hi there,

Yes I have the Circle Battery Indicator on the top right status bar.

However I had not flashed the "-SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip" as you have.

I had the default battery indicator which is now replaced by the circle battery indicator.

Even I am not sure, that if I'd ever want to revert to the default battery indicator, how would I go about it.

I guess only KonstaT & the other pros could answer that question.

Sorry & good luck.

Cheers!!

Edited by sidbali

Guest eirlysbill1

Hi there,

Yes I have the Circle Battery Indicator on the top right status bar.

However I had not flashed the "-SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip" as you have.

I had the default battery indicator which is now replaced by the circle battery indicator.

Even I am not sure, that if I'd ever want to revert to the default battery indicator, how would I go about it.

I guess only KonstaT & the other pros could answer that question.

Sorry & good luck.

Cheers!!

I'm no pro, but to get the circle battery back after you installed the centerlclock-nobattery file, you simply reflash the original rom. If it's the same rom (RLS6) you probably be ok if you don't wipe the phone.

Edit: just remembered the original is not a circle indicator, it's battery symbol isn't it? Its been so long since I've kept this rom stock. The idea below works fine though.

Right, just looked at the first page, the stock/original has the battery symbol and there are two battery indicator add-on's. Download the one below, re-flash the rom and then flash this and you'll get the circle, or install a theme

-SS-RLS6-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip (classic gingerbread green circle battery mod) http://www.mediafire...70q8y2l69sx2vey MD5:608A6B5AFB2AF1470268E2B59AC815B2

Or... you can install an RLS6 theme (it must be a theme that matches the version of the rom that you are using). There are a few now. xside has one on this thread about 4 pages back, or in the themes section sami 22 has one, and I'm using the mon3em's theme now. Most of those add the circle battery indicator as well as changing some icons and colours on the phone.

Ta, Bill

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

How can i revert this: -SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

I want my battery indicator back if possible :). I actually did not like the battery indication bar at the top.

Just reflash the ROM .zip (no need to wipe anything).

No, it has to be correctly signed.

KonstaT, I have added my own LowBattery.ogg sound (for low battery notification) but it seems that the %-s at which it plays are changed or removed. Can you confirm?

No, I haven't changed/removed anything related. I've only renamed the file .ogg -> .old. ;)

hi KonstaT.

can you briefly explain how to translate language of settings.apk?

Do you want to add a new language or just fix some translations? If you want to add a new language, you would need to add it to each app separately. That's a lot of work.

Decompile /system/app/Settings.apk with apktool. You can find the strings that you need to translate from /res/values/strings.xml. Just create a new directory /res/values-xx-rXX/ (xx=your language, XX=your locale) and copy your translated strings.xml to that folder, or correct translations on any language that already excists. Compile with apktool, sign with test key and push the new file to phone.

my zte blade chinaunicom, ask me to enter unock sim code twice, after a boot.

anybody knows why?

tnx

db

Possibly because you have installed Toggle2G add-on and you didn't wipe/haven't granted it superuser permissions?

Sorry for repeat question.

Guys, anyone who is using this ROM, you can add your own words to t9 dictionary? Or this ROM haven't t9 dictionary and it's known limitations? Could you please check this possibility? Maybe I should raise issue in other topic?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT

Hi guys. Where i can find default t9 dictionary? I have no it and I can't add my own words when I use go keyboard or other.

Sorry for repeat question.

Guys, anyone who is using this ROM, you can add your own words to t9 dictionary? Or this ROM haven't t9 dictionary and it's known limitations? Could you please check this possibility? Maybe I should raise issue in other topic?

Thanks.

If you have some issues with go keyboard, you should contact it's developer.

This ROM has android keyboard that has t9 dictionaries in 18 languages. Select language from Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Android keyboard -> Input languages. You can add words to your user dictionary by typing a word and long pressing it on the top of the keyboard where the words are normally suggested.