[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest alex_slx

Such a great rom. Finaly my stable daily rom, after long long time, when I have flashed new roms almost every day.

Just one issue for me. Sometimes my mobile data doesn't work. "E" icon is there, but when I try to browse or sync, connection doesn't work. I have to reenable data or or sometimes even reboot.

I never had this problem and love this rom, so pleas, any ideas, how to fix it? Can it be caused by new kernel or etc.?

GMS only, "enable always-on mobile data" ticked, Slovak O2. Full wipe, reflashed,...

Thanks, sorry for my bad English.

hi SlyXo, the same problem on my phone: Connection symbol "E" stands there but no connection, or NO "E" symbol when data enabledd, sometimes have to reenable data or even reboot to work properly. just like you, i always work on GSM

but, i don't think it due to the ROM. as I was on the ROM for about 2 weeks, the connection problem appears about three days ago, and before the phone works perfectly on this ROM. i almost sure it's caused by some a app, though not easy to say which one.

I may go wipe everything and reflash the ROM.

Guest termagazis

Hi,

I'm using SS RLS6 on a GEN3 device (added the libs from the Moldovan MHMP GEN3 update).

The problem is, when i'm listening to music through headphones, and get a call (or sms, or any notification), the ringtone plays through the speaker, instead of headphones.

Is it possible to route the sounds to headphones, when it's plugged in?

It would be great to solve this, because the volume and quality level on GEN3 is the best so far, and the Swedish Snow is a great rom.

sorry just one question:which is GEN3?i know gen1 and gen2 but what about gen3?

Guest Ultra-blade

I have been trying all Tom, Dick & Harry ROMS all over modaco including the shiny Chinese ROMS. They look soothing to eyes. Thats it....cool.gif

But I do respect all of their efforts which has made Blade community one of the best....!!!1

Swedish Snow Rls 6.. Rocks!!! . Best Custom ROM for Blade till date.... Second place goes to Maldovan...

Best Battery Life... .

Fastest & No Lags in entire Rom

No FCs or reboots.. not a single one...

Best standby battery,,, miles ahead that any Rom

Fast Charging...best i have seen

Great support by KostaT & all of you over here...

Thanks to KonstaT...... & Modaco....biggrin.gif

Edited by Ultra-blade

Guest aggregator

sorry just one question:which is GEN3?i know gen1 and gen2 but what about gen3?

The Libra firmware called GEN3. On my phone, this is it.

I'm still curious how to route the ringtones to headphones :)

Guest camille1462

Hi

I don't know if I did something wrong, but do you manage to get the GPS working with screen off?

I use it with "my tracks" for recording when mountain biking, and it worked well on F&S but not on SS...

Guest Kalecgos

Swedish Snow Rls 6.. Rocks!!! . Best Custom ROM for Blade till date.... Second place goes to Maldovan...

Best Battery Life... .

Fastest & No Lags in entire Rom

No FCs or reboots.. not a single one...

Best standby battery,,, miles ahead that any Rom

Few questions: I've been using RLS3 for a few weeks/months and the battery life seems much worse than when I had Swedish Spring. I also had one freeze with this where the screen wouldnt go on again.

Did RLS4/5/6 improve batterly life? I also dislike the CRT screen off - is there a way to disable that?

Guest elrond_bs

I had poor GPS reception with RLS6 - 4-5 minutes to lock to satellites under clear sky, sometimes even refuses to lock at all. All problems solved after flashing SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip. My Blade is European, Gen2. So if anyone have issues with GPS, they should try this first. Now my Blade locks in 15 seconds under clear sky, as it should. ;)

EDIT: @sqbo: I don't use the option Settings->Location & Security->Use wireless networks (without it there is no way to get a signal indoors), thus it shows the REAL performance of the GPS.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest KonstaT

Hi mate i use rls6 i just flashed again (change SD card) and i have a problem with the sound on contacts i can't change ring tone on my favorite contacts. With zte dialer worked but with the dialer from the rom i can't is any way to fix this. thanks for this great rom

You can set ringtone for each individual contact by selecting menu -> options -> ringtone.

is it possible to select a ringtone for the sms from my personal tracklist?

You can create /media/audio/notifications (and /media/audio/ringtones) directory trees on your sdcard and place your custom notification tones there. After a reboot these tones are selectable from the regular android sound settings.

hi SlyXo, the same problem on my phone: Connection symbol "E" stands there but no connection, or NO "E" symbol when data enabledd, sometimes have to reenable data or even reboot to work properly. just like you, i always work on GSM

but, i don't think it due to the ROM. as I was on the ROM for about 2 weeks, the connection problem appears about three days ago, and before the phone works perfectly on this ROM. i almost sure it's caused by some a app, though not easy to say which one.

I may go wipe everything and reflash the ROM.

Sounds more like an issue with your service provider. I would give it a couple of days and see if it sorts it self out.

Hello,

Will there be Android 2.3.7 version for this ROM?

No, this ROM is based on a ZTE stock release which is/was/will be 2.3.5.

If ZTE ever releases a 2.3.7 ROM it's possible to make a new ROM based on that one. Afaik no device manufacturer has released a 2.3.7 stock ROM (Code Aurora is still at 2.3.6), so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hi

I don't know if I did something wrong, but do you manage to get the GPS working with screen off?

I use it with "my tracks" for recording when mountain biking, and it worked well on F&S but not on SS...

Works fine for me, I use my tracks regularly. Just make sure that you have locked position before you start tracking.

Hi KonstaT

I would like to contribute translating the ROM settings to Spanish. ¿What i need to do?

Thanks

You can find the strings to translate from post #1013. Translate the bit in between <string> and </string>.

There is no plans for future release at the moment so I can guarantee that your translations will be included.

Guest Ultra-blade

Few questions: I've been using RLS3 for a few weeks/months and the battery life seems much worse than when I had Swedish Spring. I also had one freeze with this where the screen wouldnt go on again.

Did RLS4/5/6 improve batterly life? I also dislike the CRT screen off - is there a way to disable that?

Release 5 & 6 have very good improvements. As is... without even applying any undervolted kernel.....

CRT on / off.. There is no direct way to disable in this Rom.. but I think you would get some patch to disable this as it is a CM feature.... try to look in forum..

No freeze / reboots for me in RLS 5/6

Guest slumslayer

Hi looks good

do you save the zip file in /system/media or do you unzip it

You just have to place it there -> /system/media/bootanimation.zip

Guest Antonio Zru

Here is the spanish settings, KONSTAT.

Some fields were empty, so i left them empty :S

Just rename them to strings.

So, now, ¿how can i stall them?

thanks.

strings2.rar

Edited by Antonio Zru

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Any suggestions about this? :)

Yeah, it's not the only audio routing issue in ZTE ROMs. ;) I think it worked like that in stock 2.1 but it's now been broken since froyo.

I don't know any work-arounds and there is nothing much that can be done to fix it. I wouldn't consider it major issue anyway...

Here is the spanish settings, KONSTAT.

Some fields were empty, so i left them empty :S

Just rename them to strings.

So, now, ¿how can i stall them?

thanks.

Thanks,

I attached a flashable zip (no need to wipe).

SS-RLS6-Spanish-Translations.zip

Guest Щачло карпа

Hi KonstaT,

Can you fix this translation (german translation / deutsche Ãœbersetzung) in your next release?

"ROM einstellungen" -> "ROM Einstellungen"

(UPPER case the 'E')

Two days ago i flashed RLS6 and it seems that my ZTE blade needs more power in comparison to RLS5.

My biggest issue is my NON WORKING CAMERA but it also doesn't worked with CM7. With RLS5 it was at least possible to take photos with infinity focus option.

Nevertheless RLS6 is the right choice for 99.99% of the other blade users ;)

I'll flash back to RLS5 which satisfies all my requirements.

Are the files from post #877 still available somewhere?

(especially SS-RLS5-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip and SS-RLS5-Call-Connect-Vibrate.zip)

Edited by Щачло карпа

Guest hubik

Hello!

Do I need to wipe data/factory reset for updating from Swedish-Snow-RLS4b to RLS6?

I want to ask this question also: full wipe before updating is needed or not?

Guest DarkCrono

Hi Konstat, I'm wondering if I can make a small (big) change on softkeys layout.

I'm thinking on something like:

Home, notifications icons, center clock 3g,signal, Menu, Back (this is normal layout on some tablets, except the center clock)

Opening SystemUI.apk if I change to

<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons1" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_home" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_home" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

</LinearLayout>

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/buttons1" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />

<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="left|center" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

<LinearLayout android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons2" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_menu" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_menu" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_back" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_back" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

</LinearLayout>

</LinearLayout>

This will do the job?

How can I recompile and sign it?

Best Regards

---------------------------------

Probably, this would affect your softkey switcher since I changed the id and the visibility would be screwed... maybe taking off the gone visibility will be ok, since I use it all the time

Edited by DarkCrono