[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest minifig

I want to ask this question also: full wipe before updating is needed or not?

Full wipe is not needed. Iwent from 4b to 5 and 6 without wiping/clearing anything.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Can you fix this translation (german translation / deutsche Übersetzung) in your next release?

"ROM einstellungen" -> "ROM Einstellungen"

(UPPER case the 'E')

Two days ago i flashed RLS6 and it seems that my ZTE blade needs more power in comparison to RLS5.

My biggest issue is my NON WORKING CAMERA but it also doesn't worked with CM7. With RLS5 it was at least possible to take photos with infinity focus option.

Nevertheless RLS6 is the right choice for 99.99% of the other blade users ;)

I'll flash back to RLS5 which satisfies all my requirements.

Are the files from post #877 still available somewhere?

(especially SS-RLS5-Circle-Battery-Mod.zip and SS-RLS5-Call-Connect-Vibrate.zip)

Changed, but still no plans to release anything.

What type of camera sensor do you have? If it worked in the previous release, you can just install the kernel from RLS5. It's in the first post (SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip).

I don't host old add-ons. There is no reason for anyone to use old versions of this ROM anymore.

Hi Konstat, I'm wondering if I can make a small (big) change on softkeys layout.

I'm thinking on something like:

Home, notifications icons, center clock 3g,signal, Menu, Back (this is normal layout on some tablets, except the center clock)

This will do the job?

How can I recompile and sign it?

Best Regards

---------------------------------

Probably, this would affect your softkey switcher since I changed the id and the visibility would be screwed... maybe taking off the gone visibility will be ok, since I use it all the time

Take the center clock mod's SystemUI.apk as a base (also hides the battery icon). Clock should be in there first so that it's center of everything else. One id needs to be 'buttons' because it's called that elsewhere. If add a new id you also need to add it to /res/values/ids.xml and /res/values/public.xml. That probably isn't necessary because there is also another visibility trigger. The preference box switch won't work after this though.

I would try something like this. No guarantees it'll work, it usually takes few attempts to get it right. ;)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons" android:visibility="gone" android:gravity="left" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_home" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_home" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/buttons" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:gravity="right" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_menu" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_menu" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
<ImageButton android:id="@id/status_back" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_back" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Wallpaper" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
<TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Wallpaper" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView>
</LinearLayout>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.BatteryBar android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="1.0px" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView>
[/code]

Decompile/compile with apktool (type apktool for instructions). Sign with signapk using test keys.

Guest wakeup12

Is it possible to go back to the 2.1 stock alarm application? The new version of android doesn't have a CAPTCHA solution for disabling alarm and I really need this to wake up :). Actually there are some applications on the market, but I dont want to install any of them since we have a tool installed.

Guest DarkCrono

Visually it's right, but 2 issues:

Clicking Menu button does nothing, clicking back button often highlight status bar instead "back" function.

Any hints?

-----------------------

This afect it? <dimen name="status_bar_edge_ignore">5.0dip</dimen>

post-936337-0-42733000-1333110558_thumb.

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest TheBrainKafka

Ad Free:

Hi.

First of all - great rom again! Came from MMPH.

Flashed RLS6 and installed ad free app. After updating hosts unfortunately the ads are not blocked.

Tried restarts and using simlink option - no way

Any ideas?

Worked fine on MMPH before.

Thx

Guest uumeshh

I am having this problem of battery drain on all ROMs that i have used since i bought this phone. Mobile standby doesn't let my phone go into deep sleep and causing battery drain. CPU spy shows that the phone doesn't go into deep sleep at all. It does so only when i put it into airplane mode.

Can someone please suggest me a way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Edited by uumeshh

Guest Antonio Zru

Hi

I did a SD partition with 1024 Mb of ext and 0 Mb of swap, but the apps are in the phone, not in the ext.

What happens?

Bye.

Guest DarkCrono

Hi, new Softkey Mod

Features:

Home button (left)

Back button (right)

Center clock

Bright side: more space for notifications on the left side of the clock

Dark side: no menu button

No menu button due to issues and I really prefer the hard one and more space.

P.S.: I don't know what happens if the softkey option is disabled in ROM Settings, so let it marked on before flash and do not disable it!

post-936337-0-03886900-1333117923_thumb.

SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery-SoftMod.zip

Guest DarkCrono

Hi

I did a SD partition with 1024 Mb of ext and 0 Mb of swap, but the apps are in the phone, not in the ext.

What happens?

Bye.

They appear as on internal memory, but they are on SD ext.

To be sure enter terminal and type:

cd /system/sd/app

ls

check if there are some .apks inside, otherwise type:
su

a2sd reinstall

check /system/sd/app again

Guest d_borghi

i don't know why, but my zte blade chinaunicom sometimes goes very slowly.

i've installed advanced task manager: first time it seems to solve my problem, but now all return like past.

tasks that usually consume my ram are:

settings 20 mb

core android 1,5mb

slideit keyboard 1,6 mb

andvanced task manager 3,7 mb

viber 9,6 mb

how can i solve this?

tnx

bye

db

Guest bladebuddy

Ad Free:

Hi.

First of all - great rom again! Came from MMPH.

Flashed RLS6 and installed ad free app. After updating hosts unfortunately the ads are not blocked.

Tried restarts and using simlink option - no way

Any ideas?

Worked fine on MMPH before.

Thx

I think there is add free built into the rom itself, so there's no need for the app. This might be your problem. Check change log on the first page. I get very few if any adds running this rom.

Guest Щачло карпа

Changed, but still no plans to release anything.

What type of camera sensor do you have? If it worked in the previous release, you can just install the kernel from RLS5. It's in the first post (SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip).

How can i get the complete camera sensor type? Currently i used the apps 'Hardware Info' and 'Android System Info'.

The old kernel fixed my problem, but the auto focus function and apps like barcode scanners still does not work. (also does not work with other roms!)

The blade was bought in March last year at an Austrian discouter (Hofer).

By the way: National roaming works perfect! I use BOB which uses the network from A1.

Hardware_Info.txt

Android_System_Info.txt

Guest shanky887614

simple way to check

go to market and install

"titanium backup"

open it and on first sceen it tells you

amount free for

system rom

internal

sd card

sd card (a2sd)

Edited by shanky887614

Guest d_borghi

Create a swap partition and activate it

i think i made this, by clockworkmod.

when yiou say "activate it" what do you mean?

from terminal:

a2sd reinstall

a2sd swappy80

????

tnx

db

Guest DarkCrono

i think i made this, by clockworkmod.

when yiou say "activate it" what do you mean?

from terminal:

a2sd reinstall

a2sd swappy80

????

tnx

db

Yes, to make sure this is working enter terminal and type:

su

a2sd swapspace

The report should be something like

Swap space information:

SwapTotal 250MB

SwapFree 180MB

This is the signal that everything is working. If this still slow, try to buy a class 6 or 10 SD Card, this makes difference too.

Guest ghalibnet

Hi konstat..

this rom runs perfectly for me.. its handle my daily activities well...

I want to ask, how can I deactivate darktremor script ?

I mean, completely remove it...

Edited by ghalibnet

Guest BadMan PimpY

Hi, new Softkey Mod

Features:

Home button (left)

Back button (right)

Center clock

Bright side: more space for notifications on the left side of the clock

Dark side: no menu button

No menu button due to issues and I really prefer the hard one and more space.

P.S.: I don't know what happens if the softkey option is disabled in ROM Settings, so let it marked on before flash and do not disable it!

post-936337-0-03886900-1333117923_thumb.

SS-RLS6-CenterClock-NoBattery-SoftMod.zip

Very nice, good idea......nice work

can you make a transparent status bar, so the status bar is not black, is that possible for this rom

Guest AndroiDemon

Same as mine.... never had this on rls5, maybe its cuz new kernel...

Fyi I'm using v880 Chinese.

Edit : problem solved using 8th march kernel by burstlam but np uv...

sent from V880 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update let me try it and update if it works. Actually should work since Idea blade is same as chinese V880 low in RAMsmile.gif

Guest wookie16081965

Hi dont know whether this is a bug or wrong setting can someone enlighten me please. Installed rls6 on my san fran working great except keep getting little r on signal and then its says ive lost data roaming because of signal or something similar. Ive had several roms on my san fran eg jj, mmhmp, swedish spring none of them did this if it is setting how can i stop it.Turning off all data get mobile network state disconnected and then cant get 3g or any other signal to use browser, thankyou in advance

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest wakeup12

I got another San Francisco for my gf and also installed this rom on that. I downloaded ZTE-Smart Dialer addon and tried to install both of the devices.

It is working on my gf's phone but when I turn on my phone it says "process.android.acore" force close error. I tried factory reset/wipe, wipe dalvik cache and wipe data on clockmod, but the problem continues.

I dont remember which order i did for wiping and installing. Could you tell the order? For example:

1. Install from ZIP

2. Clear cache

3. etc.

Because I think there is no reason except for this order to prevent my device to run properly.

Guest elrond_bs

It is pointed out in the first page and in previous comments - you need to wipe data (factory reset) from clockworkmod and then - WITHOUT RESTARTING - install zip from sd card: ZTE dialer. Clearing cache has nothing to do with it (wiping data also clears cache). ;)

Edited by elrond_bs