[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest uumeshh

I am having this problem of battery drain on all ROMs that i have used since i bought this phone. Mobile standby doesn't let my phone go into deep sleep and causing battery drain. CPU spy shows that the phone doesn't go into deep sleep at all. It does so only when i put it into airplane mode.

Can someone please suggest me a way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

The only solution i could find for making my phone go into deep sleep is go back to stock froyo sad.gif. But the Cell Standby usage continues to be on throught the uptime.

well now that the phone sleeps for at least 50% I can expect to see some improvement in battery life..

Guest alex_slx

hi SlyXo, the same problem on my phone: Connection symbol "E" stands there but no connection, or NO "E" symbol when data enabledd, sometimes have to reenable data or even reboot to work properly. just like you, i always work on GSM

but, i don't think it due to the ROM. as I was on the ROM for about 2 weeks, the connection problem appears about three days ago, and before the phone works perfectly on this ROM. i almost sure it's caused by some a app, though not easy to say which one.

I may go wipe everything and reflash the ROM.

hi ConstaT, i noticed your response about this issue, thank you.

i reflashed the ROM and everything seemed fine. unfortunately this afternoon, four days after the reflashing, the problem appears again. Symbol 'E' was there, but connection lost. tried to reenable the connection, dont work. reboot and again, still not work... instead of reflashing, i tried rebooting into recovery and wiped dalvik cache. it finally reworked.

so, is it supposed to be rom-related? i always work on 2G and this issue never happened with other ROMs -including Swedish Snow RLS4b with which my phone worked for more than one month.

Guest hihi0

Hi KonstaT,

Could you please provide steps on how the above mentioned "bluetooth on airplane mode" can be accomplished

by modifying the settings.db.

Basically I am not sure of the procedure for modifying "settings.db" and thus I'm requesting your assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

sidbali

Hello Sidbali

since the rom does not include sqlite3 as cm does, i invested 3$ and got sqlite editor (speed software) from market. With this it was child's play to go to settings.db and change the value.

Worked like a charm.

Greetings!

-- hihi0 (Switzerland)

Guest adonwenas

Hi konstat thanks again for ur great work. I followed ur roms since mmhmp.

I have problem like I said before.. when phone sometimes got blackout/pause when I open any of my apk's (games, camera, video player etc.).

I've been searching every single way n I found that's the problem it's on ur circle mod addon,

I tried full wipe n install the rom its okey... but when I installed that addon it always happen. Its very annoying. Now for the time I'm not using ur addon but I really like it excluded that bug off course :D

Overall its great... :wub:

Edit : sorry konstat its my fault... ur addon its ok. The problem its on my ram manager pro & swapper. I must choose one of them or my blade will blackout... just know that after a few test..

Swapped & ram profile = Tom & Jerry :lol:

Oh waste of money... :blink:

sent from V880 using My Blade

Edited by adonwenas

Guest sidbali

Hello Sidbali

since the rom does not include sqlite3 as cm does, i invested 3$ and got sqlite editor (speed software) from market. With this it was child's play to go to settings.db and change the value.

Worked like a charm.

Greetings!

-- hihi0 (Switzerland)

Hello hihi0,

Thanks a lot for the info. Will go ahead and purchase the sqlite3 app from the market as I need to have BT functioning in airplane mode.

Have to do a lot of travelling ........ :D

Danke-Merci-Grazie,

sidbali

EDIT: Got It, Done It & LOVING IT (this ROM even more)...............thankyou hihi0.

Edited by sidbali

Guest Antonio Zru

Any way to make the notification bar (not the sliding-notification area with the power widget) transparent? (or semi transparent)

Guest youngsta2010

Any way to make the notification bar (not the sliding-notification area with the power widget) transparent? (or semi transparent)

UOT Kitchen.

Guest shanky887614

i know that.i hope it wil be stable :)

i perfer system tuner.

works better for me and it lets you easily stop apps auto-loading at startup (can load them as normal in app draw)

this speeds up boot time on phone

Guest blade_

i perfer system tuner.

works better for me and it lets you easily stop apps auto-loading at startup (can load them as normal in app draw)

this speeds up boot time on phone

thanks!i dont care about startup but for battery life!

Guest ziyan

If I cover the light sensor, the phone decreases the brightness instantly, but in the stock 2.2, it has a transition effect. It's a bit hard to understand, here's an example: with CM7 and SSRLS6 - at least for me -, the light sensor changes the brightness like this if I cover it: 80%->20% (instantly), and in some roms: 80%-60-40-20% (within 0.5sec or so).

I hope you understand it :lol: So the question is: How can I activate this feature in this ROM? :)

Guest Щачло карпа

i know that.i hope it wil be stable :)

My Blade runs since february on 122 Mhz -> STABLE, so far no problems!

Battery life is approximately 2 days with 1h-calls a day and 2G.

Guest DarkCrono

If I cover the light sensor, the phone decreases the brightness instantly, but in the stock 2.2, it has a transition effect. It's a bit hard to understand, here's an example: with CM7 and SSRLS6 - at least for me -, the light sensor changes the brightness like this if I cover it: 80%->20% (instantly), and in some roms: 80%-60-40-20% (within 0.5sec or so).

I hope you understand it :lol: So the question is: How can I activate this feature in this ROM? :)

Yes, it's more like instant change. You get used to it in a week or so.

Guest KonstaT

why did you remove the music controle from the lock screen ?

i think i'll test this rom, but i really like this feature...

It caused issues under some circumstances. I Released a quick version with this feature removed and never got around doing it again. Spent a lot of time doing it as well as could at the first time and it still didn't quite work. Don't have the time/energy/interest to take an alternative approach.

Wheres the bug list ? I wanna know what bugs the rom has before I download it.

No bugs, no bug list.

I think there is no such thing as bugless software. :P

There is a known issues list in the first post. It's not very long. This ROM is basically ZTE stock ROM with quite a few added features. There's still some issues that the ZTE ROM had to begin with (e.g. VoIP audio routing issue), but if ZTE doesn't see them as bugs... ;) Afaik there shouldn't be any bugs that I've produced and nothing that I would be able fix at the moment.

Guest Relfy

Just a little bug:

Today I've used google maps navigation and music with my headphones. I wasn't able to switch to the next or previous song with a long press of the volume buttons. If i pressed the buttons for a long time, the music was very loud for a short time.

Guest KonstaT

Just a little bug:

Today I've used google maps navigation and music with my headphones. I wasn't able to switch to the next or previous song with a long press of the volume buttons. If i pressed the buttons for a long time, the music was very loud for a short time.

Long press volume keys to skip tracks only works with the stock music player. It also works with some 3rd party music players if you leave them as a foreground app when you switch off the screen. There shouldn't be any functions for volume keys in google maps/navigation so I can't see why it would interfere.

Guest jonmac73

Hi all, am currently on RLS4 - very happy and has been stable for me.

Wondering how much real-world improvement people have noticed going from 4 to 6 ? Thx

Guest agpoli

I think there is no such thing as bugless software. :P

I thought "Hello world!" is bugfree. laugh.gif

Hi all, am currently on RLS4 - very happy and has been stable for me.

Wondering how much real-world improvement people have noticed going from 4 to 6 ? Thx

It's absolutely mind blowing! wink.gif

Give it a try, make a backup and install RLS6 on top of RLS4.