[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

DarkCrono really like your mod but could you do different colours im not fussy on green, ive got a condition and my eyes dont see green very well could you do blue as this stands out more thankyou for your time.

I really don't know how to change the colors, I can try to edit the image, is this so simple?

I'll try to edit it and upload if you dare to try ;)

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I just realized that if someone makes a video call using Skype, the skype freezes. Do you think it is because of a bad setting of CPU or related to skype?

Nobody to try this?

Guest SteveNotts

Hi

Just upgraded from Swedish Spring and the rom is great!

The only problem Im having is with tethering via wi-fi hotspot.

It works at first then after a few minutes disconnects and disappears from my laptop available networks.

The only fix is to switch hotpot off and back on again on the phone

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Steve

Guest DarkCrono

Hi

It works at first then after a few minutes disconnects and disappears from my laptop available networks.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Steve

I think this is an policy issue, maybe you need to change your configuration to not turn off wi-fi even if the screen is turned off

Guest DarkCrono

WARNING: God knows I really don't know what I'm doing, so just flash it if your have guts!

wookie16081965, I really hopes this is what you need and that it works too. (and help your greenish vision problem).

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod.zip

changes:

borrowed some blueish icon from and glued over the most common green ones

Good luck

P.S.: Sorry for delay, but I'm really doing things with care...

Guest encore.neil

Help needed

Followed the steps to install the Rom

After rebooting,my dell xcd35 Gen2 is getting hanged at the very starting screen, where it shows the dell logo .

I flashed the rom again ...but still no effect :/

Guest BadMan PimpY

Help needed

Followed the steps to install the Rom

After rebooting,my dell xcd35 Gen2 is getting hanged at the very starting screen, where it shows the dell logo .

I flashed the rom again ...but still no effect :/

What steps did you follow?

Guest Ultra-blade

Yes.. I have experienced the same. But not everyday i think. On the same it happens...whole day it troubles.....mad.gif

Use any of the Wifi tether app which uses root to generate hotspot & it will work fine...

After couple of days / reboots. I am not seeing disconnection even in the inbuilt option....biggrin.gif

Hi

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Steve

Guest encore.neil

What steps did you follow?

[/qu

Clockworkmode - mount n storage - format /system...

back

advance- wipe dalvik cache

back

wipe data factory reset

then finally install zip from sdcard.

reboot..

Guest sidbali

Clockworkmode - mount n storage - format /system...

back

advance- wipe dalvik cache

back

wipe data factory reset

then finally install zip from sdcard.

reboot..

Hey Neil,

I've got this ROM on my XCD35 and guess what, I'm in Calcutta too. Call me on (check your profile, I have sent you a PM) and I'll try to help you out.

Cheers,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest bodrovics

Hi

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Steve

Same issue here :(

I use a 3rd party app: http://code.google.c...id-wifi-tether/

It works great!

Peter

Guest sidbali

Hey Guys,

I too am noticing a substantial battery drain in RLS7 as compared to RLS6. Attached below are 2 screenshots:

post-971070-0-92620700-1334741506_thumb. post-971070-0-61478800-1334741550_thumb.

Notice the "Android System" usage is 54% in RLS7. This would not be more than 4%-7% in RLS6, with Mobile Standby & Phone Idle at 45%-47% each & Voice calls would be around 7%-9%.

With similar usage on RLS6 the a full charge would last me easily between 2 to 3 days. However now with RLS7 its struggling to last upto 1.5 days.

The device is set up and configured in exactly the same way for both RLS6 & RLS7. The only difference is that now in RLS7 I have created a sd-ext partition with a2sd active. I don't know if that makes a difference. The Gmail update did not do any noticable damage for me in RLS6. I can't tell if the recent Maps update is causing a drain in RLS7 though.

Any feedback and inputs on the same would be appreciated.

Cheers,

sidbali

Hey guys,

The battery drainage that I was experiencing as above is now sorted out..... :D.

After having read a few threads on the net, I found that my device was not going into deep sleep. This can be checked as follows: ....... wait for 10 mins after your display has switched off and then press the "Home" button. If your display switches on, it means that your device was not in "deep sleep". I checked this after 1 hour and again the screen switched on. This check is only valid if you haven't modded your device to switch on with any button other that the 'power button'.

Now the solutions available were quite a few and time consuming. The simplest ones that caught my attention were as follows:

1. Go into recovery mode (Clockworkmod) and a) Wipe Cache and b ) Wipe Dalvik-cache and reboot (Reboot took about 5+ mins).

2. Charge the phone to 100% and allow it to drain to 0% (switch off) without recharging a couple of times. This is called conditioning the battery which is normally done for new batteries. I guessed it would do no harm trying it out.

So i followed the above 2 steps and it seemed to work. With my typical usage as mentioned in the above post, my device is again lasting me 2.5 to 3 days on one single charge. The device now goes into "deep sleep" and the "Android system" usage has reduced back to 6%-9%. Also note that the "Gmail" & "Maps" apps are the latest updates.

Just thought I'll share it to help any others experiencing similar problems.

Cheers,

sidbali

Edited by sidbali

Guest wookie16081965

WARNING: God knows I really don't know what I'm doing, so just flash it if your have guts!

wookie16081965, I really hopes this is what you need and that it works too. (and help your greenish vision problem).

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod.zip

changes:

borrowed some blueish icon from http://android.modac...d-theme-thread/ and glued over the most common green ones

Good luck

P.S.: Sorry for delay, but I'm really doing things with care...

Thankyou very much for that i really appreciate it and see other people have downloaded it aswell, thanks again

Guest DarkCrono

Thankyou very much for that i really appreciate it and see other people have downloaded it aswell, thanks again

It worked? Do you see any green icon?

Guest DarkCrono

Guest wookie16081965

only the unlock screen, greenandroid on usb connected and the toggle on pull down but i can live with that thanks

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest DarkCrono

only the unlock screen, greenandroid on usb connected and the toggle on pull down but i can live with that thanks

unlock screen I found where to change the icon, but I will look further to find toggles and green android. If you find, or if KonstaT can says where to find I can change it

Guest minifig

unlock screen I found where to change the icon, but I will look further to find toggles and green android. If you find, or if KonstaT can says where to find I can change it

It seems you can create these changes like it's nothing. Is it that easy?

Do you mind giving some details on how to do this?

Guest DarkCrono

It seems you can create these changes like it's nothing. Is it that easy?

Do you mind giving some details on how to do this?

It's easy if you know what you're doing... I have some fears, so It's like hit and miss to me.

I can do a guide, but there are some on Theme section, but this you need to know how to use prompt (aka cmd.exe) and have some apps which include apktool and signapk after this is with you. decompile using

apktool.bat d "file.apk"
browse to files you want to edit, rebuild
apktool.bat b "apkfolder"
enter apkfolder/dist, grab your apk and sign it with
java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 file.apk signedfile.apk
update the flashable zip and
Run to the Hills

:D

You get used to it after 3 ou 4 decompiles/edit/compiles/sign/updates/errors/etc

------------------------------------------------------

wookie16081965 try this new one:

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod-v2

UPDATE =

changes:

colorized a bunch of green icons which includes:

-lockscreen;

-some green robots;

-stars, radio and toggle buttons;

-anything more I forgot.

P.S.: Noticed a bug. Greyscale Patch 9 pngs are loosing some color parameters while decompiling/compiling and lock screen might look strange. I will update it after a while.

credits to prior version icons maintained in this one: http://android.modac...d-theme-thread/

Good luck

P.S.: If you want other icon editions, and you have icons, or are minimal changes I can do it, just remember to link originals to proper credits.

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest sidbali

Hallo,

can anybody tell my somesthing to the layout of the TPT. How big ist the system partition after using tpt?

If you read the FIRST post on the FIRST Page, you'll get your answer, which is:

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions internal storage (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Swedish Snow RLS7

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

Cheers.

Guest wookie16081965

It's easy if you know what you're doing... I have some fears, so It's like hit and miss to me.

I can do a guide, but there are some on Theme section, but this you need to know how to use prompt (aka cmd.exe) and have some apps which include apktool and signapk after this is with you. decompile using

apktool.bat d "file.apk"
browse to files you want to edit, rebuild
apktool.bat b "apkfolder"
enter apkfolder/dist, grab your apk and sign it with
java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 file.apk signedfile.apk
update the flashable zip and
Run to the Hills

:D

You get used to it after 3 ou 4 decompiles/edit/compiles/sign/updates/errors/etc

------------------------------------------------------

wookie16081965 try this new one:

SS-RLS7-Blue-Circle-Battery-Mod-SoftMod-v2

changes:

colorized a bunch of green icons which includes:

-lockscreen;

-some green robots;

-stars, radio and toggle buttons;

-anything more I forgot.

credits to prior version icons maintained in this one: http://android.modac...d-theme-thread/

Good luck

P.S.: If you want other icon editions, and you have icons, or are minimal changes I can do it, just remember to link originals to proper credits.

DarkCrono your a star working perfect and everything blue i needed thankyou so much.

Guest webbe

Hi there!

My first post in this forum.

My device: Gen1 telia android 2.1. Upgraded to Gen2 with official tool. Rooted and installed CWM 3.0.??? Installed Kallt_kaffe Swe Spring. Changed to LibraGinger. Upgraded to CWM 4.0.1.5. Tested lots of roms (CM7 Moldovan ......). Installed Swe Snow Rls 1-7.

Currently using Rls 7.

I changed the launcher by downloading ZEAM launcher and renamed it to Launcher2, and swapped the launchers in the ZIP-file.

Installed ZTE dialer.

Installed "homemade" circlebattery from UOT kitchen.

SDCard whitout EXT4 partition.

Overclocked 691 mHz.

Everyting works perfect, But the launcher is quite laggy (I love ZEAM:s configurations).

Anyone that can give me some tips to make ZEAM less laggy on a Blade? I have currently 56 apps on the rom.

Thanks KonstaT for a VERY good ROM. I'm buying another Blade from Netonnet soon. Your ROM will be the engine.

Edited by webbe