[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bladebuddy
Hi!

Help me please, can I install Swedish Snow over Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie (on ZTE Blade 256mb) without wipe data/factory reset to save my settings and apps?

You can save all your apps+app data with titanium backup. As for you phone numbers, calendar e.t.c they will be restored as soon as you log into you're Google account. The rest of you settings will take no time at all to set up. If you want to save your messages, there's apps for that too. I would definitely do a full wipe if you are coming from moldovan high to Swedish rls7.

Guest onlyonee

You can save all your apps+app data with titanium backup. As for you phone numbers, calendar e.t.c they will be restored as soon as you log into you're Google account. The rest of you settings will take no time at all to set up. If you want to save your messages, there's apps for that too. I would definitely do a full wipe if you are coming from moldovan high to Swedish rls7.

Thank you man! I'll try

Guest retrocat

For future reference, you'll only need to sign the updated Toggle2G.apk with test key and push it to phone. Everything you need to know to do this is in the couple of previous posts. :)

Thank you! (I knew I did this on a previous release but I couldn't remember :D)

Guest BadMan PimpY

SS-RLS7-Toggle2G-0.2.4.zip

http://www.mediafire...4wyxga1wgj1as7d

MD5:AC57C96D0BD3398C3BBF7AA969D80D89

For future reference, you'll only need to sign the updated Toggle2G.apk with test key and push it to phone. Everything you need to know to do this is in the couple of previous posts. :)

How do I apply this...?

Do I just flash it..?

Do I need to wipe anything..?

Guest viv1m

SS-RLS7-Toggle2G-0.2.4.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wyxga1wgj1as7d

MD5:AC57C96D0BD3398C3BBF7AA969D80D89

Any of those mediafire links not working for me, and I need 2G badly. Plz try any other hosting.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Guest onlyonee

Anybody knows, where I can read good manual about themes creation and porting for custom roms. I want to port MIUI or MNML theme to SSrls7. http://uot.dakra.lt unfortunately does not provide to upload custom pngs. Maybe I can only replace some files in existing theme for one other ROM to compatible it with our cool Swedish Snow? :D

Guest bladebuddy
Is there a reason why I can't overclock this rom any more, using no frills?

Thanks in advance!

The rom will overclock, for some reason nofrills doesn't always work first time on this rom I have noticed this a few times. Just change the govener and it kicks back on.

Guest jellgool

Doesn't seem to work. Always gives Max Clock 600 Mhz...

Other question. Somebody else having problems with wifi? It displays always the grey icon, even when HSDPA/Edge is on. Is that normal? I thought the wifi-logo disappears when the phone uses mobile data?

When i flash the old kernel, the wifi logo doesn't appear when using mobile data...

Guest bladebuddy
Doesn't seem to work. Always gives Max Clock 600 Mhz...

Other question. Somebody else having problems with wifi? It displays always the grey icon, even when HSDPA/Edge is on. Is that normal? I thought the wifi-logo disappears when the phone uses mobile data?

When i flash the old kernel, the wifi logo doesn't appear when using mobile data...

which kernel are you using, if it's a stock one then you will not be able to overclock.

Guest jellgool

which kernel are you using, if it's a stock one then you will not be able to overclock.

I am using the New Moldovan one....

Somebody else having problems with wifi? It displays always the grey icon, even when HSDPA/Edge is on. Is that normal? I thought the wifi-logo disappears when the phone uses mobile data?

nIGWj.png

npGVy.png

Edited by jellgool

Guest jellgool

Ow.

I have to go in Recovery

- Do cache wipe an dalvik wipe

- install zip from card

- take the latest moldovan kernel

- after that reboot

That simple?

PS: I used the TPT installation.... Maybe it has something to do with that?

Edited by jellgool

Guest jellgool

Ow.

I have to go in Recovery

- install zip from card

- after that reboot

That simple?

After doing these stept I still have the old kernel... Strange... DId i made a mistake? Of it the link to the file 'New Moldovan Kernel' maybe a faulty one?

Thanks in advance!

Guest bladebuddy
Ow.

I have to go in Recovery

- install zip from card

- after that reboot

That simple?

There is a kernel already on the rom that is overclockable you only need to flash a separate kernel if you are having problems with wifi or camera not working. Just flash the rom then see if you need a different kernel.

Guest jellgool

It worked with the 'older Kernel'. Strange. maybe the link to the 'new Moldovan Kernel' is wrong?

Edited by jellgool

Guest Vik_Brava

KonstaT

Hello Tell me please, what could be the reason.

When you connect headphones (not headset) to the official firmware from Malaysia, during the conversation I hear the interlocutor in the headphones, and he hears me through the phone's microphone, that is currently running a microphone in the handset. It is very convenient.

Your firmware is not working, the phone switches off the microphone, I can not carry on a conversation until Disconnect the headphones. Can this be corrected somehow.

Thank you.

Guest AndroiDemon

Thanks for the reply.. i shall try your solution.

Thanks a ton. Your solution works like a charm.... few more suggestions

1) Can you add a battrey widget that displays battery percentage at lock screen?

2) Why dont you replace the stock launcher with a better one like ADW or Go launcher as in CM 7.0.2

3) Any ideas if we can push the stock task manager into this rom.

Thanks a ton, you have really given a damn stable rom with great GB.

Guest bladebuddy

Thanks a ton. Your solution works like a charm.... few more suggestions

1) Can you add a battrey widget that displays battery percentage at lock screen?

2) Why dont you replace the stock launcher with a better one like ADW or Go launcher as in CM 7.0.2

3) Any ideas if we can push the stock task manager into this rom.

Thanks a ton, you have really given a damn stable rom with great GB.

Task manager, ADW+GO launcher are available on Google play, if you had read the whole thread hear you would know why Konsta doesn't bother with task manager/ app killers e.t.c,

Guest dodyweb

Hi

I updated everything including google maps and the battery drain its gone!Thanks again!

Thanks KonstaT!

Android system 16%...great!

Guest MidaMilunk

The phone reboted several times when receiving an SMS during car navigation (one reboot per SMS)!

Anyone else saw similar?

Guest viv1m

Does anybody else having problem with all mediafire links? especially people from India? Cuz, none of them working for me :(

Guest bladebuddy
The phone reboted several times when receiving an SMS during car navigation (one reboot per SMS)!

Anyone else saw similar?

Are you overclocking.

Edit I was trying to reply to the post above not you sorry.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest jonmac73

Hi

I updated everything including google maps and the battery drain its gone!Thanks again!

Thanks KonstaT!

Android system 16%...great!

What did you do to 'update' ?

I have un-installed Google Maps updates, then rebooted and re-installed from Market. Still getting considerably less time than on 4b - to the point of considering installing RLS6.