[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DarkCrono

EDIT: Using the "Partition SD Card" in the Recovery Tool, I select 2048Mb (my SD Card size) for the EXT Size, and 256Mb for the CACHE Size.

- Done.

After reboot, the system tells me that the SD Card may be damaged, and I may want to format it.

I formated it from within android, and then returned to CWM Recovery to restore the backup.

The restore failed because there is no sd-ext partition.

Manually rebooted just to discover a brand new clean phone without even the dialer (This aplication is not installed in your phone).

Where am I getting wrong here?

Thanks for the help! :)

Course, if you choose to partition your SD card to the maximum size of it, this will take all the size. Choose first 256MB (or even 128) to ext size than 256MB to swap. so this way you grant 1GB to FAT.

Course, if you choose to partition your SD card to the maximum size of it, this will take all the size. Choose first 256MB (or even 128) to ext size than 256MB to swap. so this way you grant 1GB to FAT.

I have the stock 2 GB sd card. Should I create an ext partition? Will it make a difference, will the system be faster? If so, can you give me a tutorial (link or sg like that) how to do that?

Guest daniel3ub

Dumb of me, of course! Thanks a lot!

Guest DarkCrono

I have the stock 2 GB sd card. Should I create an ext partition? Will it make a difference, will the system be faster? If so, can you give me a tutorial (link or sg like that) how to do that?

This will create more space if your data partition is becoming full. No speed gain, unless you have a 256 MB Ram phone and create a Swap partition...

This will create more space if your data partition is becoming full. No speed gain, unless you have a 256 MB Ram phone and create a Swap partition...

Oh, I see... thanks for the info. I have a 512 mb ram phone and I don't use so much apps (and I move them to the sd card, so the data partition has a lot of free space).

Guest BGRT

Have you set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless -> Wifi -> MENU -> Advanced -> Wifi sleep policy -> Never.

There's also different kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post. I remember testing this and couldn't reproduce it on my device.

Wifi tether problem solved for me. I eventually got round to install this kernel -SS-RLS7-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip and its solved my problem.

Guest spinozagr

From the time I installed this ROM, I can't connect my Blade with my PC via USB. Before that ROM I had no problem

I had already drivers installed in my win7 and I am using the same (ZTE Smartphone Driver 1.2066.1.3).

When I press "Turn on USB storage", looks like tries to connect but nothing.

I still have this problem. I have tried all possible drivers. It is so weird.

Any suggestion?

Guest DarkCrono

I still have this problem. I have tried all possible drivers. It is so weird.

Any suggestion?

Tried it with other sdcard?

Guest KonstaT

Where can I find the kernel tuomas@dreamy#6 in a zip file please!

thanks in advance

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Just re-flash the ROM (no need to wipe anything).

Guest DarkCrono

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Maybe he wants just the kernel to flash on another rom.

@KonstaT:

Are you planning to make further releases of this great rom? Maybe a 2.3.7 or a 4.x android version Swedish Snow? :)

Because I tried _every_ rom, but this is the best, I always returned to this, and I am not planning to switch to another rom, unless you make Swedish Snow RLS8 or something :D

Guest jellgool

Maybe he wants just the kernel to flash on another rom.

I'm just looking for a Kernel without a lot of battery drain... Can't find a real good one in fact. :)

Guest jellgool

Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip ;)

Is there really no link to the kernel in specific? :)

Or can I just go into recovery in install from zip without losing anything?

Thanks in advance!

Guest DarkCrono

Is there really no link to the kernel in specific? :)

Or can I just go into recovery in install from zip without losing anything?

Thanks in advance!

Which ROM do you use? if you use SS RLS7 you will just loose nothing. Otherwise, this will install a new ROM.

The kernel is the file boot.img in the zip root folder. grab this and put on another kernel zip on the main page, one that just update boot.img. This is compatible just with 2.3.5 Roms

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest jjforums

I want to use default dialer and contacts (from Cyanogenmod) and remove ZTE smart dialer, is that possible without a wipe?

Thanks.

Guest SAlexSS

KonstaT

Can I use script data2ext with this ROM? And how can I install data2ext,if it is possible?I like Your work very much! Thanks in advance!

Guest KonstaT

Moved from ZTE Blade to U8800Pro.

Oh dear...how do i miss that Swedish Snow ROM =(

Any chance to port?

Sorry, zero change. It's ARMv7 device.

@KonstaT:

Are you planning to make further releases of this great rom? Maybe a 2.3.7 or a 4.x android version Swedish Snow? :)

Because I tried _every_ rom, but this is the best, I always returned to this, and I am not planning to switch to another rom, unless you make Swedish Snow RLS8 or something :D

No plans for future release of this ROM. This ROM is based on a ZTE stock ROM which is/was/will always be Android 2.3.5.

I want to use default dialer and contacts (from Cyanogenmod) and remove ZTE smart dialer, is that possible without a wipe?

Thanks.

Might work if you only clear data for Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk. IIRC there is more problems going from AOSP/CM7 dialer to ZTE dialer. Wipe is recommended though.

KonstaT

Can I use script data2ext with this ROM? And how can I install data2ext,if it is possible?I like Your work very much! Thanks in advance!

This ROM has Darktremor A2SD included. If you have EXT partition on your sdcard you're probably already using it.

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I read the topic and partitioned the SD as follows:

ext 256 mb

swap 64 or 128 mb (dont remember :S)

I have 8gb sd card and partitioned using Rom Manager.

When I install a software and move to SD, I still do not see any difference and still have limited internal memory.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Guest Hjanos

Hi!

I just installed the RLS7 version - thanks for the great rom.

I just have one question: how can I get the best battery live?

I mean which kernels to use, etc.

thanks

Edited by Hjanos

Guest SAlexSS

This ROM has Darktremor A2SD included. If you have EXT partition on your sdcard you're probably already using it.

I know about DarktremorA2SD. I can move dalvik cache on ext partition when the internal memory is filled.But I can make this operation once.When the internal memory is filled again, this operation do not work. Phone reboot and occurs nothing. Why?

Excuse for my English!

Guest DarkCrono

Hello,

I read the topic and partitioned the SD as follows:

ext 256 mb

swap 64 or 128 mb (dont remember :S)

I have 8gb sd card and partitioned using Rom Manager.

When I install a software and move to SD, I still do not see any difference and still have limited internal memory.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Do not move apps to SD, let them as internal memory, so they will be located at sd-ext.

To check if this is working type

cd /system/sd/app/app

ls

Them a list with all your downloaded/updated and marked as internal memory apks will be shown.

Guest DarkCrono

I know about DarktremorA2SD. I can move dalvik cache on ext partition when the internal memory is filled.But I can make this operation once.When the internal memory is filled again, this operation do not work. Phone reboot and occurs nothing. Why?

Excuse for my English!

You need to do this only one time.