[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DellXCD35

Is battery life still an issue for some on RLS7 ?

I went back to 6 as was getting <1day with light use.

Yeah i am having nightmares with battery life as far as RLS7 is considered. Hows it with RLS6?

Can someone please share the link to download RLS6 version of this ROM.

The max drain is due to mobile radio as shown in whats using the battery.

Edited by DellXCD35

Guest MariusCheek

I don't have an issue with it, even though I get about 15-24hrs depending on what I do with it. I can get almost 30hrs by switching to 2G only, because that saves the phone from constantly searching the networks. Similarly with WiFi, the judicious use of a wifi lock can use far less battery than having your phone constantly connecting/disconnecting just because it goes to sleep. If you wake your phone up every 15 mins or so, the search for and re-connection to wifi can use far more battery than maintaining the connection for those 15 mins.

Also, apps that refresh themselves a lot (like Facebook or Twitter) are big culprits in my experience. I let Twitter refresh, but not Facebook - I have Facebook messenger and don't need to see the actual stream as it happens. Are there any social apps you don't really need to be that up to date with? I suspect we can all lose a a bit of our online attachments without really noticing!

Also, try Avast! for mobile. The (root-only) firewall lets you whitelist those apps that you want to use connections, and block those that might simply be downloading a new advert or reporting back usage statsistics.

All of this I've found to be true of Swedish Spring and CM7. With all of these I reach a compromise that keeps my phone functional as regards gmail, calendar, etc, but gives me a lot of leeway when I'm out and about.

Basically, when I'm at home my phone's on the charger, so I know I can leave the house and get 15hrs or so of mixed use (no streaming or videos), or 20hrs if using it just as a phone/emailer. When I'm out it's a phone. I leave the multimedia stuff for those times when I know I'm near a power socket.

There are plenty of rechargeable USB battery packs out there for £20-£30, which will charge a Blade twice. Just make sure they're a higher rating than the stock battery, or you'll be disappointed!

Edited by MariusCheek

Guest C!chy

I don't have an issue with it, even though I get about 15-24hrs depending on what I do with it. I can get almost 30hrs by switching to 2G only, because that saves the phone from constantly searching the networks.

That's not much... I was easily able to get 4 days (on MMHMP R8) of light usage (some calls & sms) with 2G only and no WiFi. I don't need extra battery if I have good ROM and tweak few settings to my liking.

I've noticed this problem too. With MMHMP R8 I had way better battery life. I had around 3 days with light use, but I had WiFi turned ON around 8 hrs per day (mostly idle, though)!! After I switched to SS R7 I was kinda shocked. After few days (I had no time to re-flash another ROM, so I had to use SS R7) I've noticed that battery life with WiFi turned Off is getting better. Unfortunately this is not even close to what I was able to get on MMHMP R8.

Edited by C!chy

Guest AndroiDemon

Hi members/Developers

I saw in some Samsung phones that even when the normal headphones (with out microphone) are plugged in and a call comes, the voice of the call is heard in the headphone and the phone micro phone is still active to make the communication happen. I tried this with Blade, but when head phone is plugged in, the phone microphone automatically gets disabled and hence my voice doesnot reach the other person.

Is there a way to get this working?? I hope if samsung has then should be possible with blade as well..?

Your thoughts please...

Hey KonstaT need your guidance on the same... Please help.. Need to crack this.

Guest elrond_bs

I don't know about you, but for me battery life is better with Swedish Snow RLS7, than it was with MMHMP RLS9 with same usage and apps. And I used them both for quite some time (and still using SS, of course).

Guest DellXCD35

Hi Konstat, I sincerely request you to help us regarding the battery issues. Can you please fix the battery drain problem. Its not even living 12 complete hours on standby. If i make calls of 20 min with 30 min browsing etc it dies in 6-7 hours.

Also can you please repost the RLS6 version so that for time being i can use it as it has better battery life.

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

Yeah i am having nightmares with battery life as far as RLS7 is considered. Hows it with RLS6?

Can someone please share the link to download RLS6 version of this ROM.

The max drain is due to mobile radio as shown in whats using the battery.

If it's such a nightmare, why do you use it then? There are plenty of other ROMs you can use.

Hi Konstat, I sincerely request you to help us regarding the battery issues. Can you please fix the battery drain problem. Its not even living 12 complete hours on standby. If i make calls of 20 min with 30 min browsing etc it dies in 6-7 hours.

Also can you please repost the RLS6 version so that for time being i can use it as it has better battery life.

Thanks in advance.

No, I cant fix it because there is no battery drain issue in RLS7! There is a very accurate changelog in the second post and there are no changes between RLS6 and RLS7 that would affect battery life in any signifficant way. RLS6 doesn't have better battery life and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to use it anymore.

There are optional kernels in the first post for those who have random hardware related issues. If you have battery problems, it's most likely due to a misbehaving app YOU have installed.

Guest KonstaT

Hi members/Developers

I saw in some Samsung phones that even when the normal headphones (with out microphone) are plugged in and a call comes, the voice of the call is heard in the headphone and the phone micro phone is still active to make the communication happen. I tried this with Blade, but when head phone is plugged in, the phone microphone automatically gets disabled and hence my voice doesnot reach the other person.

Is there a way to get this working?? I hope if samsung has then should be possible with blade as well..?

Your thoughts please...

It's not the only audio routing related 'issue' in ZTE stock ROMs (VoIP audio routed through speaker). I don't consider this an issue though, microphone should be muted when headset is connected. I don't think that the system makes any difference between headphones (without a mic) and a headset. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to this on a stock based ROM.

How does this behave in CM7/CM9? There is at least some chance to change things when you have the source code.

Guest shanky887614

found a strange issue today

sound got scrambled when i got a call watching a video

affected phone calls later as well

Guest wookie16081965

Hi KonstaT,

Im having the very same battery problems i used to get 3 days now lucky get 24 hours i havnt changed a thing since rls6 no new apps nothing the only thing that has happened is some apps have updated i.e maps do you think it could be this. Checked your changelog and there are no changes its got to be apps updating getting different permissions.

Guest bladebuddy

You can search this whole thread and you will see I have used this rom from the first issue and apart from random re-boots with one of the releases I can say with hand on heart there is definitely nothing wrong with the battery life with this rom, I will go a step further and say it has amazing battery life compared to most roms I have tried.

Guest wookie16081965

Ive used this rom from the first release and i dont think the battery drain issues are the rom like i said im sure its updated apps new permissions.

Guest Billy Wiz

I'm looking to install this one as it seems to be the most stable with very few issues, but would like to know if using the TPT method changes the IMEI number of the phone? If so how easy is it to edit this to put it back to the correct number (I've not done anything like that before).

Thanks

Guest bladebuddy
I'm looking to install this one as it seems to be the most stable with very few issues, but would like to know if using the TPT method changes the IMEI number of the phone? If so how easy is it to edit this to put it back to the correct number (I've not done anything like that before).

Thanks

The only way I have heard about people loosing there IMEI number is when unlocking there phones with QPST e.t.c. I have never known it happen whilst flashing a rom. So I am sure this will not happen flashing this rom via TPT or through CWM.

Guest C!chy
there are no changes between RLS6 and RLS7 that would affect battery life in any signifficant way[...]

Thanks a lot for confirmation on that matter. Besides, I assume this new kernel is not very different from MMHMP R8, as it's also uvk and tweaked for low-power usage.

If you have battery problems, it's most likely due to a misbehaving app YOU have installed.

I'm thinking if it can also be some kind of problem with flashing/wiping process? I consider myself as a conscious user, I do not install superfluous apps nor do I set my preferences unwisely. However, I restore apps (launcher, sms, browser, system tools, etc.)in batches from a NAND backup, what also may possibly cause some problems. Probably it would be the best to just try a full wipe & clean flash and then install fresh apps. That would give us a better picture what this ROM is capable of.

Guest DellXCD35

If it's such a nightmare, why do you use it then? There are plenty of other ROMs you can use.

No, I cant fix it because there is no battery drain issue in RLS7! There is a very accurate changelog in the second post and there are no changes between RLS6 and RLS7 that would affect battery life in any signifficant way. RLS6 doesn't have better battery life and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to use it anymore.

There are optional kernels in the first post for those who have random hardware related issues. If you have battery problems, it's most likely due to a misbehaving app YOU have installed.

Sorry if you felt offended by my words. I am using your ROM as i feel you are the most creditable person and apart from the battery issue this ROM is perfect, fast and reliable.

I can see that i am not the only one facing battery issue. People who are using RLS6 reported good battery and as soon as they switched to RLS7 they are facing battery drain.

Let us know if there is any particular app you think is draining the battery.

Sorry if you felt offended by my words. I am using your ROM as i feel you are the most creditable person and apart from the battery issue this ROM is perfect, fast and reliable.

I can see that i am not the only one facing battery issue. People who are using RLS6 reported good battery and as soon as they switched to RLS7 they are facing battery drain.

Let us know if there is any particular app you think is draining the battery.

I had bad battery life with SS7 too. The problem was that my wifi was not disabled by default when I locked the screen. Check the special wifi settings and check to turn off wifi when screen is off.

Also turn off wifi, gps, bt when not needed. Disable auto brightness and set it about 25-40%. Turn off auto sync when not needed. Don't use too much widgets and live wallpaper if not needed.

I gained about 50% more battery life with these tips (I got them from this very thread :))

Guest trangbungbu

this ROM has problem with display setting : when I chose auto-brightness , it doesn't work

please fix this problem

thanks

Guest elrond_bs

No one else has such issues - read the thread. It's not the ROM.

Try wiping and installing again. If it doesn't work - try different kernels from first post.

Guest jeorge

Hi KonstaT,

Im having the very same battery problems i used to get 3 days now lucky get 24 hours i havnt changed a thing since rls6 no new apps nothing the only thing that has happened is some apps have updated i.e maps do you think it could be this. Checked your changelog and there are no changes its got to be apps updating getting different permissions.

Try uninstalling the latest google maps update,I had to as i found battery usage for google maps went up to 47% when in stand by,Uninstalled the update & it dropped to 1%.

Guest jeorge

Thanks KonstaT for a great ROM ,I used the tpt method to instal going from a Gen1 stock rom,For me it works great,no problem with battery life ,72% of battery left after 22 hours,Great job,Thanks! :D

Guest safet

Hei Konstant

are axi, AHB, gpu overclock and UV included in old source kernel ?

and I've read about idea of releasing kernels with some features like UV off, I know it's lot of work considering you are working on ICS now, but could you make kernel with all features, AXI, AHB and GPU OC but without UV. I think that many of SS rom users would be grateful. I would :) .

Thanks for the great rom Konstant.