[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest AndroiDemon

It's not the only audio routing related 'issue' in ZTE stock ROMs (VoIP audio routed through speaker). I don't consider this an issue though, microphone should be muted when headset is connected. I don't think that the system makes any difference between headphones (without a mic) and a headset. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to this on a stock based ROM.

How does this behave in CM7/CM9? There is at least some chance to change things when you have the source code.

The same problem continues in CM7 as well.

I dont really know why this is not working in the blade, but i have tested it on my friends samsung and it works smoothly. The system does differentiate between a headset with or without mic. I thought you maybe able to crack this for all the blade users..

Seems no luck..this time.

Thanks any ways..

Guest Snap.IT

The same problem continues in CM7 as well.

I dont really know why this is not working in the blade, but i have tested it on my friends samsung and it works smoothly. The system does differentiate between a headset with or without mic. I thought you maybe able to crack this for all the blade users..

Seems no luck..this time.

Thanks any ways..

It's not working because the hardware mutes the built in mic when you plug something into the headset jack, it doesn't matter what it is you plug in there, it mutes the mic and there is nothing you can do to fix it software wise, it's purely a hardware issue.

Guest Billy Wiz

The only way I have heard about people loosing there IMEI number is when unlocking there phones with QPST e.t.c. I have never known it happen whilst flashing a rom. So I am sure this will not happen flashing this rom via TPT or through CWM.

Thanks for the reply, installed using TPT, no problems. Just like having a new phone, very snappy performance (upgrade from 2.1).

Thanks. KonstaT for all the work. Everything working sweetly, have checked every setting and there's no issues or glitches. :)

Guest daniel3ub

Hi there!

I cannot get the "statusbar brightness control. Sliding on closed statusbar changes screen brightness (thanks to daryelv)" feature to work. What am I supposed to do? Slide my finger laterally (i.e from left to right or right to left) when the status bar is not open? I've tried a zillion times with no luck.

I've even turned off auto brightness, as it doesn't seem to make sense having it enabled to make the slide-feature to work.

Thanks again!

Guest daniel3ub

Can I configure the default Launcher somehow (less screens for example)? I couldn't find the settings anywhere.

I don't think so. Maybe only if you install another launcher. Sorry.

Guest nagper

I don't think so. Maybe only if you install another launcher. Sorry.

Hmm... that's ok.

I just thougth it comes with the launcher by default

Guest daniel3ub

Hi, guys.

When I get the message "Insufficient storage space" from the Market while trying to install an app, where exactly should I look to delete things from to make some space?

I ask this because inspecting my partitions, none of them seems to be full (the closest to it is the /data, with 149Mb from 162Mb occupied).

My question is: if I reformat my SD card, expanding EXT and CACHE partition will I get rid of the "no storage left" message or I am out of luck and I must really uninstall some apps?

Thanks a lot!

Guest daniel3ub

to change screen brightness manually

go to settings

diaplay settings

untick auto

and a slider will apear below

Thanks for your answer, but I think you didn't read my question with enough attention. What I am trying to do is verify the feature listed as "statusbar brightness control. Sliding on closed statusbar changes screen brightness (thanks to daryelv)" in the first post of this thread.

Does anybody here got it to work as described?

Thanks again, guys!

Guest daniel3ub

After some read and research, I've decided to use A2SD to move the Dalvik cache to the SD card to free up some memory space.

After that, I can notice a HUGE lost in performance. Is it normal?

Thanks!

Guest Mtman1

Depends on the class of your SD card. Genrelly for a class 6 and under, it gets quite a bit slower but with a class 10 it stays the same performance.

Guest purplehead

Hi, guys.

When I get the message "Insufficient storage space" from the Market while trying to install an app, where exactly should I look to delete things from to make some space?

I ask this because inspecting my partitions, none of them seems to be full (the closest to it is the /data, with 149Mb from 162Mb occupied).

My question is: if I reformat my SD card, expanding EXT and CACHE partition will I get rid of the "no storage left" message or I am out of luck and I must really uninstall some apps?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, you d' better repartition your SD card, expanding the ext partition. Most propably, the ext partition is full from all the apps you have installed, so the system starts installing them to the internal memory. If you check the Applications Setting - SD card tab, you will find that some of them are installed on the SD card (FAT partition) by the system. This means that you've run out of ext space.

When you expand the ext parition, you can move the apps that are installed on the SD card (FAT) back to the phone, which will actualy move them to the ext partition. I just did all that on my phone.

Take care and backup EVERYTHING from the card before!

Guest daniel3ub

Hmm... that's ok.

I just thougth it comes with the launcher by default

I am using Zeam Launcher for a few days and it's very fast and light on my Chinese 256Mb ZTE. I'd recommend it.

Edited by daniel3ub

Guest daniel3ub

Yes, you d' better repartition your SD card, expanding the ext partition. Most propably, the ext partition is full from all the apps you have installed, so the system starts installing them to the internal memory. If you check the Applications Setting - SD card tab, you will find that some of them are installed on the SD card (FAT partition) by the system. This means that you've run out of ext space.

When you expand the ext parition, you can move the apps that are installed on the SD card (FAT) back to the phone, which will actualy move them to the ext partition. I just did all that on my phone.

Take care and backup EVERYTHING from the card before!

Are we considering the fact that A2SD is already installed and fully working? If so, should I really move my apps from the SD back to the phone? I thought A2SD was making this automatically in the background.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for your answer, but I think you didn't read my question with enough attention. What I am trying to do is verify the feature listed as "statusbar brightness control. Sliding on closed statusbar changes screen brightness (thanks to daryelv)" in the first post of this thread.

Does anybody here got it to work as described?

Thanks again, guys!

Auto-brightness needs to be disabled for this to work. Just slide your finger left or right on closed status bar (before you've opened it).

After some read and research, I've decided to use A2SD to move the Dalvik cache to the SD card to free up some memory space.

After that, I can notice a HUGE lost in performance. Is it normal?

Thanks!

It's not recommended to move dalvik cache to sd-ext.

Are we considering the fact that A2SD is already installed and fully working? If so, should I really move my apps from the SD back to the phone? I thought A2SD was making this automatically in the background.

If you move apps to sdcard from android settings, they are moved to FAT partition. If you have a2sd enabled, you should keep your apps 'on phone'. This way they are symlinked to your EXT partition.

Guest Elitarform

Hey guys!

I wonder if I can just update my RLS5 to RLS7 by flashing ROM and rebooting without any wipes ?

I like being up to date, but so much stuff would be thrown out! Titanium is not always working.

Guest elrond_bs

Yes you can. I did RLS4->RLS7 without wipe and had no problems :)

Still, you should backup with Clockworkmod and Titanium, just in case.

Guest jonmac73

Yup I have gone from one version to another with no wipe before on variety of ROMS.

However, if you get problems do full wipe and re-flash.

I have done just that to RLS7 as before had poor battery life. Wipe, fresh install & restore apps.

bad news from ICS threads brings me back here...

yeah me too... I'll wait for a stable and bug-free ICS release... till then I'll use the good-old SwedishSnow RLS7! :)

konstat swedish snow RLS8 什么时间更新? ? ?

I'm quoting KonstaT from page 98:

"No plans for future release of this ROM. This ROM is based on a ZTE stock ROM which is/was/will always be Android 2.3.5."