[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bladebuddy
Hello,

This is great ROM ,thanks to KonstaT!

can any1 help me,S2E does not work in this? (the app that moves data,dalvik cache,and some other things to SD-EXT)

I am new to android,so dont know what this things are...can any1 tell me if there is alternative to the S2E app?

Edit : i just saw that S2E app is for CM7 or CM9 only.

Can any1 give me similar,and very simple app like this which will work on SS?

A2SD comes already installed on this rom, all you need to do is partition your sd card using cwm e.t.c and you should be fine no apps needed.

Guest iShubham

A2SD comes already installed on this rom, all you need to do is partition your sd card using cwm e.t.c and you should be fine no apps needed.

Thanks for reply,but i tried to install apps,but those apps were installed on phone memory..

and i also downloaded app2sd (darktremor's gui) and it transfered dalvik cache to sd-ext,that solved my problem :)

Guest agpoli

SuperUser updated itself from Play, and after that it's just force closes. Had to uninstall the updates to get it working again.

Guest Akash P

SuperUser updated itself from Play, and after that it's just force closes. Had to uninstall the updates to get it working again.

Flash the latest SU update through CWM (/or just manually copy paste via Root Explorer), Should work fine after flashing.

Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

Edited by Akash P

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

Today I noticed that I cant send files to my Samsung laptop. It only says "cannot send xxx." There is no more explanation.

I can transfer files from other phones and I can send files to another phones without problem.

Has anyone experienced this before? and how can I solve this, do you have any suggestions?

PS: I am using Win7 64bit. On bluetooth devices folder, my ZTE symbol is also seen different from other devices. Please see attachment.

post-971282-0-06421800-1341776152_thumb.

Guest bladebuddy
My youtube shows as "installed" in google play and in manage applications, but I can't find it anywhere.

Are you using launcher Pro or any other launchers that allow you to hide certain apps from your app draw, As I once hid an app from my app draw but had it on my home screen. After updating the app from Google play it disappeared and as I forgot I had hidden it I spent all day trying to find out what had happened even thought the update had somehow messed things up. As usual it was me. On launcher pro it is menu/preferences/general settings/ hidden apps.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest Albinobear

Are you using launcher Pro or any other launchers that allow you to hide certain apps from your app draw, As I once hid an app from my app draw but had it on my home screen. After updating the app from Google play it disappeared and as I forgot I had hidden it I spent all day trying to find out what had happened even thought the update had somehow messed things up. As usual it was me. On launcher pro it is menu/preferences/general settings/ hidden apps.

I use Nemus Launcher, but it's not hidden there. Doesn't show up in the stock launcher either. Guess I'll just reflash it.

Guest xside

My youtube shows as "installed" in google play and in manage applications, but I can't find it anywhere.

Menu/Settings/Application/All/Youtube?

Freeze app?

Long tap on home screen and add new Application, find Youtube or uninstall and download, install new Youtube in play...

Edited by xside

Guest Albinobear

Menu/Settings/Application/All/Youtube?

Freeze app?

Long tap on home screen and add new Application, find Youtube or uninstall and download, install new Youtube in play...

I wasn't able to do anything in the settings. Everything was grayed out.

Guest Akash P

KonstaT, is there any way that you could compile a MOD to include in the settings application, an option to disable boot animation, an option to turn off screen off animation, an option to turn off the hideous overscroll glow, display music controls on the lockscreen ?? I know its too CM like, but none have the charm of your rom. It would be a great addition to SS.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, is there any way that you could compile a MOD to include in the settings application, an option to disable boot animation, an option to turn off screen off animation, an option to turn off the hideous overscroll glow, display music controls on the lockscreen ?? I know its too CM like, but none have the charm of your rom. It would be a great addition to SS.

Oh, you have no idea. :P If it only was a matter of compiling something. This ROM is based on a stock ZTE release. I don't have source code for ANY of it (besides the kernel and some of the features that I've added of course). To do that, you'd need to write/port the needed code into AOSP/CAF gingerbread 2.3.5 source code. Compile it. Decompile it into smali code. Diff that smali against clean AOSP/CAF build. Use that smali code to patch decompiled framework/app from this ROM. Compile again.

Short answer - NO, never again! I'm not even sure why I bothered in the first place. ;)

Guest noctrex

Hello, I'm using this ROM for some time now, and it's excellent! Good battery times, nice response.

Just one problem:

I'm using IM+ and its using push mode in order to save battery. But on this rom it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else with this problem? Is there a solution?

Guest Jack808

Hi I have a UK San Francisco on Gen1 currently running Sweddish Spring.

I'm trying to follow the TPT installation. Do you need to wipe anything before that one? I noticed it said it for the non-TPT one but I'm unsure.

I couldn't find AFV on the market, so I installed MD5checker. The checksums aren't matching :(.

I get: CD8B043DB32F3168794A12867C0F1DD3 which is different to the one in this thread.

I've tried re-downloading the file multiple times and in different browsers. Does anyone have any solutions?

-------------------------------

EDIT :

Okay I feel like an idiot now. The step to use AFV, I was checking the MD5 of the nandroid.md5 file using md5 checker. The MD5 of the zip file matches. My second blunder was that the AFV app on the market I never downloaded because I thought it was some Alien game (Alien logo and made by Scary Alien). Okay! Now I can start this.

Edited by Jack808

Guest lordofazeroth

Hi.

Can anybody tell me the "best" Governor and Scheduler combination?

(I know, there is no "best")

Currently I have sio and ondemand, from 122 to 691 MHz.

But on waking up the phone it is extremely slow for a few seconds (~15).

Guest MatRpanir

Finally updated to rls7 from rls6 and everything works brilliantly except for one strange problem that I wouldn't have thought was due to the ROM but I've run out of any other solutions. The problem is that I can't get UPNPlay to work with the update, worked fine before but now it can't detect a server. Tried BubbleUPNP in exasperation but that won't work either, any one had a similar problem or got any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest Shahmatt

Hi.

Can anybody tell me the "best" Governor and Scheduler combination?

(I know, there is no "best")

Currently I have sio and ondemand, from 122 to 691 MHz.

But on waking up the phone it is extremely slow for a few seconds (~15).

I've been using the "noop" (no operations) settings with Smartass 122 to 652MHz with no problems.

Guest Akash P

I've been using the "noop" (no operations) settings with Smartass 122 to 652MHz with no problems.

The best governor according to most of the advanced user's is "smartassv2". It definitely is better than other one's in my experience.

Guest lordofazeroth

Thanks...

The name noop is a little bit ... misplaced :ph34r:

My experience is, that Smartassv2 clocks up too rapidly.

Guest Akash P

Thanks...

The name noop is a little bit ... misplaced :ph34r:

My experience is, that Smartassv2 clocks up too rapidly.

Yes , it does but it definitely gives the best performance to battery ratio, as compare to all the other governors.

Guest Snap.IT

Yes , it does but it definitely gives the best performance to battery ratio, as compare to all the other governors.

Well, apart from "performance" governor of course but that one just uses the max setting as min setting.

There is something to be said for RTI (Race To Idle) when it comes to governors, the faster it gets it done the faster it goes to idle, i find that SmartassV2 implements the best of both ideologies when it comes to clock settings, it scales up very fast but returns to idle very fast and it does scale down quite well too.

So i agree, it's the best bang for the buck of the governors out there. (bang being performance and buck being battery drainage)