[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

If you have some issues with go keyboard, you should contact it's developer.

No, go keyboard just for example.

Thank you for answer and ROM, KonstaT, you helped me with t9! :)

Guest rwalton159

I use battery Notifier (big text) as it shows the battery remaining charge as a number in the top of the screen. Easier to see and read at a glance

Guest fraxos

I am afraid that ever having installed RLS6 I have been having nothing but problems. In particular I did a full wipe and then proceeded to install RLS6 and then subsequently a number of apps. Yet every time I restart the phone the apps that have been installed on the SD (via a2sd) simply disappear. I have tried 2-3 times and every time I end up with the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Can anyone shed some light on this? It seems that every time I switch the phone off and then back on again the sd-ext cannot be mounted. Never had this issue with RLS5.

Guest KonstaT

I am afraid that ever having installed RLS6 I have been having nothing but problems. In particular I did a full wipe and then proceeded to install RLS6 and then subsequently a number of apps. Yet every time I restart the phone the apps that have been installed on the SD (via a2sd) simply disappear. I have tried 2-3 times and every time I end up with the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

I can't quite understand what you mean. Do you use some a2sd solution other than the darktremor that comes with this ROM? With darktremor a2sd ALL your user apps are symlinked to the sd-ext. Do you mean that you lose all of your user apps (and you only have the system apps left) after each reboot?

Nothing is changed in the a2sd scripts since the early days of Moldovan ROM. ;) If you use some other a2sd (e.g. Link2SD) it will interfere with darktremor. If not, it might possibly be something to do with your sdcard (don't know why sd-ext wouldn't be mounted).

Guest fraxos

I can't quite understand what you mean. Do you use some a2sd solution other than the darktremor that comes with this ROM? With darktremor a2sd ALL your user apps are symlinked to the sd-ext. Do you mean that you lose all of your user apps (and you only have the system apps left) after each reboot?

Nothing is changed in the a2sd scripts since the early days of Moldovan ROM. ;) If you use some other a2sd (e.g. Link2SD) it will interfere with darktremor. If not, it might possibly be something to do with your sdcard (don't know why sd-ext wouldn't be mounted).

KonstaT,

Thanks for replying. Not using any other a2sd solution apart from what is built in the ROM. Indeed I lose all the user apps as if they were never installed and they show as black in the Applications list. I have also run a2sd check in the terminal and it says that the external partition is not mounted.

Guest Coolmanq

I have been trying to find a quick guide on how set up the darktremor a2sd on the blade. But all guides I have found so far is not for the blade, and some uses ext2, some ext3 and ext4. So could someone make a quick list on which steps to perform and which partioning to choose and how to start up darktremor afterwards?

KonstaT,

Thanks for replying. Not using any other a2sd solution apart from what is built in the ROM. Indeed I lose all the user apps as if they were never installed and they show as black in the Applications list. I have also run a2sd check in the terminal and it says that the external partition is not mounted.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

Ok, so something strange going on. Try installing few apps and do 'su' and 'a2sd reinstall' in terminal. Reboot and see what happens.

Don't know why sd-ext wouldn't be mounted unless you are using stock kernel and EXT4 partition on your sdcard (stock kernel doesn't support EXT4). It might worth reformatting your sdcard if nothing else works (use EXT3 for sd-ext).

Guest KonstaT

I have been trying to find a quick guide on how set up the darktremor a2sd on the blade. But all guides I have found so far is not for the blade, and some uses ext2, some ext3 and ext4. So could someone make a quick list on which steps to perform and which partioning to choose and how to start up darktremor afterwards?

Backup your sdcard. Boot into clockmoworkmod, select Advanced -> Partition SD Card -> select ext size (512 should be fine for most, clockworkmod formats it to EXT3) -> select 0 for swap size (unless you have chinese blade with less RAM). Restore your data to the sdcard.

If you do a clean installation of this ROM, that's it. You don't have to do anything else. Darktremor a2sd is automatically active after full wipe and all your user apps are symlinked to the sd-ext.

If you created the EXT partition after you have already installed the ROM, do 'su' and 'a2sd reinstall' in terminal. Might be best to make nandoid backup before this just in case.

Guest fraxos

Ok, so something strange going on. Try installing few apps and do 'su' and 'a2sd reinstall' in terminal. Reboot and see what happens.

Don't know why sd-ext wouldn't be mounted unless you are using stock kernel and EXT4 partition on your sdcard (stock kernel doesn't support EXT4). It might worth reformatting your sdcard if nothing else works (use EXT3 for sd-ext).

It is very strange indeed especially since the first time I formatted my SD card through CWM I was under the impression that it was done as EXT3 yet the terminal indicated that it was in fact EXT4! Yet that should not have been an issue as I used the ROM with the new kernel. I have done a2sd reinstall and they have now appeared but still worried.

Guest KonstaT

It is very strange indeed especially since the first time I formatted my SD card through CWM I was under the impression that it was done as EXT3 yet the terminal indicated that it was in fact EXT4! Yet that should not have been an issue as I used the ROM with the new kernel. I have done a2sd reinstall and they have now appeared but still worried.

Yeah, CWM uses EXT3 afaik. I just did 'mount' in terminal and saw that my sd-ext is mounted as ext2. :o The new kernel uses EXT4 for EXT2/3 anyway (EXT4 is backward compatible). Might be something to do with that.

I think you should be fine now, a2sd just failed at first boot for some unknown reason.

Guest B9Anders

Yeah, CWM uses EXT3 afaik. I just did 'mount' in terminal and saw that my sd-ext is mounted as ext2. :o The new kernel uses EXT4 for EXT2/3 anyway (EXT4 is backward compatible). Might be something to do with that.

I think you should be fine now, a2sd just failed at first boot for some unknown reason.

One bug I've noticed creep into rls6 is dock notifications. I use launcherpro and have the buttons for the phone, sms and gmail (patched to enable this) set to provide notifications of unread messages and missed calls. It worked fine in rls5, but doesn't in rls6. And that upgrade is the only variable.

Guest KonstaT

One bug I've noticed creep into rls6 is dock notifications. I use launcherpro and have the buttons for the phone, sms and gmail (patched to enable this) set to provide notifications of unread messages and missed calls. It worked fine in rls5, but doesn't in rls6. And that upgrade is the only variable.

Launcher Pro dock notifications work just fine.

Bug maybe, but not in RLS6. ;)

Guest shanky887614

an odd bug ive found is. my playlists in music keep disapeering

then i restore them using bluemuse

then later they have disapeared again

Guest hearbear

Tried the ss5 gen1 to gen2 all went well with the install but found the phone dailer disappeared once you dailed a number and there was no way to get it back to end the call had to take the battery out to reset. tried the zte dailer and still the same ended up going back to gen 1 and the 2.2 rom any ideas as what is going on with this as would like to keep this as looks good.

Guest bladebuddy

Tried the ss5 gen1 to gen2 all went well with the install but found the phone dailer disappeared once you dailed a number and there was no way to get it back to end the call had to take the battery out to reset. tried the zte dailer and still the same ended up going back to gen 1 and the 2.2 rom any ideas as what is going on with this as would like to keep this as looks good.

Proximity sensor calibration in rom settings , in the settings menu. Just start cover the sensor at the top of the phone then release when it say proximity OK. That should sort your problem out.

Guest kirpika

i think i now have a real problem. it's rls6 + ext 256mb+ swap 128 mb +a2sd. actually this is the 1st time i've faced such a thing. is this because of all crappy "hacks"?

this is what i get - the screen goes black after starting a call but doesn't show up after it. so i tried calibrating it in the menu and it works ok (there's kinda a test in there - it works like a charm when i cover the sensor with my hand - yes and no), but everything just goes black during a call so i have to wait until it is automatically cut off on the other side. i had to turn on "power to end call" but it's just a little help in this situation.

and what's more important - after every reboot everything becomes NORMAL! the problem happens every several hours (especially in the morning when the phone is idle during the night).

on a clean rls6 (or 5, can't remember, really) with just overlocking to 710mhz everything was just perfect. now i just don't know what the problem is.

what log should i provide?

Edited by kirpika

Guest shanky887614

i think i now have a real problem. it's rls6 + ext 256mb+ swap 128 mb +a2sd. actually this is the 1st time i've faced such a thing. is this because of all crappy "hacks"?

this is what i get - the screen goes black after starting a call but doesn't show up after it. so i tried calibrating it in the menu and it works ok (there's kinda a test in there - it works like a charm when i cover the sensor with my hand - yes and no), but everything just goes black during a call so i have to wait until it is automatically cut off on the other side. i had to turn on "power to end call" but it's just a little help in this situation.

and what's more important - after every reboot everything becomes NORMAL! the problem happens every several hours (especially in the morning when the phone is idle during the night).

on a clean rls6 (or 5, can't remember, really) with just overlocking to 710mhz everything was just perfect. now i just don't know what the problem is.

what log should i provide?

after calibrating. shake phone and it comes on

i figured this out a little while ago (during one of those crap automated phone lines)

Guest timfimjim

With headphones connected, media volume is different, depending on the 'in call' volume - when I'm using the internal speaker so not headphones.

For example: If I am in a call, and turn up the volume, when I finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music, the music is very loud even with the media volume set to the lowest setting.

Then if I take out my headphones and make a call and turn down the volume, finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music again, the music's much quieter in general.

Please can people try this? Post what you find :)

Thank you

Edited by timfimjim

Guest kirpika

after calibrating. shake phone and it comes on

i figured this out a little while ago (during one of those crap automated phone lines)

?? why should i shake it? it WORKED fine on a clean release without any shake like a normal proximity sensor.

well, 4 hours on - and i tested it again - the screen brights up as usual when i want to end a call. let's try in the evening.

i've been having the issue since sunday i guess. did'nt really care at first but then i realised it wasn't my problem.

and every time it worked as it should after reboot.

what causes it to stop working?

Guest h@mster81

With headphones connected, media volume is different, depending on the 'in call' volume - when I'm using the internal speaker so not headphones.

For example: If I am in a call, and turn up the volume, when I finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music, the music is very loud even with the media volume set to the lowest setting.

Then if I take out my headphones and make a call and turn down the volume, finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music again, the music's much quieter in general.

Please can people try this? Post what you find :)

Thank you

I have the same problem. It's not ROM specific as I have had issues since early 2.2 custom roms. It has nothing to do to in call volume. For me it seems that making a phone call makes media loud and another (long) phone call fixes it.

Very odd to be honest.

Edited by h@mster81

Guest timfimjim

I have the same problem. It's not ROM specific as I have had issues since early 2.2 custom roms. It has nothing to do to in call volume. For me it seems that making a phone call makes media loud and another (long) phone call fixes it.

Very odd to be honest.

Thanks for getting back to me. yep it's very strange!

I think it can probably be put down to shoddy ZTE workmanship, I get it on my skate too...