[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest thewild

With headphones connected, media volume is different, depending on the 'in call' volume - when I'm using the internal speaker so not headphones.

For example: If I am in a call, and turn up the volume, when I finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music, the music is very loud even with the media volume set to the lowest setting.

Then if I take out my headphones and make a call and turn down the volume, finish the call and connect headphones to listen to music again, the music's much quieter in general.

Finally, someone has the same volume problem that I have !

I never linked the fact that media volume was too loud to the in-call volume because I never change in-call volume. I think you might be right though.

Have you ever tried CM7 ? I did not have this problem under CM7.

Guest B9Anders

Launcher Pro dock notifications work just fine.

Bug maybe, but not in RLS6. ;)

Strange. The only difference there has been between it working and not working is that I upgraded to RLS6. I'll experiment a bit and see if I can fix it then.

Guest thewild

A question : is multitouch supposed to work on the stock keyboard ?

By multitouch, I mean simultaneous key presses, like shift+letter for uppercase, or symbol+letter, etc...

It doesn't work on my Blade, but I thought it was a feature in Gingerbread.

Also, I found this bug report in CM7 that talks about it, and it seems that they fixed the keybord with a simple compilation option : http://code.google.c.../detail?id=2868

Am I wrong to think this should work with SS ?

Thanks !

Edited by thewild

Guest elvis56nl

Here is a kernel for those dutch users who have flipped camera preview screen. This was patched by Tom G so thanks goes to him.

I will try this later today and report if it works.

Guest Scorpion18

Here is a kernel for those dutch users who have flipped camera preview screen. This was patched by Tom G so thanks goes to him.

Just installed it and the picture is right side up. With default camera-app still a crash when taking a picture, but the free app Volshutter (use the volume-buttons to snap a picture) works like a charm :)

Thanks Tom G for the patch and KonstaT for an awesome ROM.

Guest thewild

A question : is multitouch supposed to work on the stock keyboard ?

By multitouch, I mean simultaneous key presses, like shift+letter for uppercase, or symbol+letter, etc...

It doesn't work on my Blade, but I thought it was a feature in Gingerbread.

Also, I found this bug report in CM7 that talks about it, and it seems that they fixed the keybord with a simple compilation option : http://code.google.c.../detail?id=2868

OK, in reply to myself : to make this work, you have to edit /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml and add a line with "distinct", so that it looks like this (there are other things in the file, like opening xml tag, not included here) :

<permissions>

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" />

</permissions>

Afterwards, the multitouch works very well with the keyboard. I.e., you can press s***+letter to write an uppercase letter without having to toggle capslock on. Just like on a desktop keyboard.

But it does not work very well in maps for instance, because the Blade's hardware is not able to precisely distinguish between the two contact points on the screen.

Since I type a lot and don't use apps with "distinct fingers multitouch" that much, I'll keep it that way.

Guest ChotaDon

I know this is going to sound noobish but is this ROM as stable as the latest Jelly Fish 2.2 ROM or even better? and just to confirm this is for the orange sanfransisco right?

sorry Im new to this whole ROM thing.. thanks!

Guest JolyonS

I know this is going to sound noobish but is this ROM as stable as the latest Jelly Fish 2.2 ROM or even better? and just to confirm this is for the orange sanfransisco right?

Yes, it's nice and stable and yes, it's fine on my Orange San Francisco.

There might not be a compelling reason to move from it if you are happy with your current ROM but there's nothing I've found that would make you regret the change if you made it.

Guest -ION-

Thanks for sharing, this will be helpfull to many Dutch users. The only problem at this point is the crashing camera app. I know there are alternatives but it would be nice if someone was able to fix this.

Guest hihi0

thank you very much for this nice rom, konstat!

I have a feature request: In cm bluetooth is independent of airplane mode. So you can listen to music while in airplane mode. I seem to remember that this could be rather easily implemented when building the system.In your rom airplane mode also prohibits bluetooth from being used.

Thanks & greetings from Switzerland!

Guest AndroiDemon

Hi All

I have installed swedish snow on my IDEA Blade. The rom seems to be working fine but when i run games the screen goes blank at times and games halt/pause/lag and crash. Any ideas why?

Guest sidbali

Hi KonstaT,

8 days into this ROM and everything is working beautifully as it should.

However there are the following 2 small issues that I observed:

1. All the volume sliders are set to MAX, but I still get the feeling that the internal speaker volume (call, notification & media) as a whole is considerably lower than what it was with the Stock 2.1. I'm having to use the "Digital Phone" as ringtone and "Android Beat Box" as notification, or else I can't hear the ring if the phone is in my pocket. This was never the case earlier with Stock 2.1. IS THERE A WORKAROUND FOR THIS? It's no biggie but it would be nice if the max setting for the internal speaker volume could be boosted up a bit. I remember reading a post (god knows where) that these settings can be manipulated.

2. There doesn't seem to be any "Low Battery Notification" sound at all. The "Notification" pops up as required, however there is no sound accompanying it. Can something be done for this?

Still goes without saying that this (IMHO) is the "BEST GB CUSTOM ROM" for the "Dell XCD35" a.k.a "ZTE BLADE" a.k.a "Orange Sanfransisco" !!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

sidbali

PS: Come on all you guys and girls, a little contibution to KonstaT for all his hard work for this ROM and for the development of the "ICS ROM" for the BLADE; won't hurt. Just think of it as buying an APP from the Market !!!!!

Guest amcfad

Hi finally got round to putting RLs 6 on my phone , only issue is my phone wont hold a wifi signal. The WIFI status is showing excellent but when i connect it goes from authenticating to remembered to disabled in a matter of seconds. I've never had this with any other roms before,

Any way around this ?

Guest sidbali

Hi finally got round to putting RLs 6 on my phone , only issue is my phone wont hold a wifi signal. The WIFI status is showing excellent but when i connect it goes from authenticating to remembered to disabled in a matter of seconds. I've never had this with any other roms before,

Any way around this ?

It hasn't given me any wifi problems at all. Why don't you "forget this network", restart your wifi router and then search and log in to your network. Should work....hopefully.

Guest KonstaT

thank you very much for this nice rom, konstat!

I have a feature request: In cm bluetooth is independent of airplane mode. So you can listen to music while in airplane mode. I seem to remember that this could be rather easily implemented when building the system.In your rom airplane mode also prohibits bluetooth from being used.

Thanks & greetings from Switzerland!

This ROM is based on a ZTE stock ROM. I don't have source code for this ROM, so I'm not "building" the system. ;)

Hi KonstaT,

8 days into this ROM and everything is working beautifully as it should.

However there are the following 2 small issues that I observed:

1. All the volume sliders are set to MAX, but I still get the feeling that the internal speaker volume (call, notification & media) as a whole is considerably lower than what it was with the Stock 2.1. I'm having to use the "Digital Phone" as ringtone and "Android Beat Box" as notification, or else I can't hear the ring if the phone is in my pocket. This was never the case earlier with Stock 2.1. IS THERE A WORKAROUND FOR THIS? It's no biggie but it would be nice if the max setting for the internal speaker volume could be boosted up a bit. I remember reading a post (god knows where) that these settings can be manipulated.

2. There doesn't seem to be any "Low Battery Notification" sound at all. The "Notification" pops up as required, however there is no sound accompanying it. Can something be done for this?

Still goes without saying that this (IMHO) is the "BEST GB CUSTOM ROM" for the "Dell XCD35" a.k.a "ZTE BLADE" a.k.a "Orange Sanfransisco" !!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

sidbali

PS: Come on all you guys and girls, a little contibution to KonstaT for all his hard work for this ROM and for the development of the "ICS ROM" for the BLADE; won't hurt. Just think of it as buying an APP from the Market !!!!!

Thanks,

1. DSP Manager is included in this ROM. There is also some equalizer/volume+ apps available at the play shop. These might not be the best for this purpose though because they might cause slight battery drain. There are already few threads about low volume in general section. I think there might be some hardware differences because some users are complaining that volume is too LOUD in this ROM. ;)

2. Rename /system/media/ui/LowBattery.old -> /system/media/ui/LowBattery.ogg.

Any way around this ?

Some users might have wifi issues with the new kernel/wifi driver. Try installing SS-RLS6-Old-Source-Kernel-Gen2.zip.

Guest matje103

Thanks Konstat, some really nice progress here. If someone could fix the default camera crashes i'll definitely donate.

Guest adonwenas

Hi All

I have installed swedish snow on my IDEA Blade. The rom seems to be working fine but when i run games the screen goes blank at times and games halt/pause/lag and crash. Any ideas why?

Same as mine.... never had this on rls5, maybe its cuz new kernel...

Fyi I'm using v880 Chinese.

Edit : problem solved using 8th march kernel by burstlam but np uv...

sent from V880 using Tapatalk

Edited by adonwenas

Guest hihi0

Thanks for the reply about bluetooth in airplane in your excellent rom.

I found the reference how this behaviour could be changed (from http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=1891#c1 ):

adb remount /dataadb shellsqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.dbUPDATE system set value='bluetooth,wifi' WHERE name='airplane_mode_toggleable_radios';Reboot.Now I can turn on BT in airplane mode.

Of course i could do it myself, but would like to have it included in the rom!

Guest rwalton159

Thanks for a great Rom.

But what's next for this Rom please?

ICS is a no go as a daily rom for me due to so many issues but I'd like to know where the future is for the Blade

Guest iMax11

Thanks for a great Rom.

But what's next for this Rom please?

ICS is a no go as a daily rom for me due to so many issues but I'd like to know where the future is for the Blade

KonstaT make the best GB ROM for ZTE Blade (at least for me)

So, maybe i think he can takes holidays =O

Guest Azurana

I have this Rom installed since a month or so and everything works perfect! GPS for navigation finally works after trying multiple roms and prox sensor is also doing what it should do.

But now I have two issues coming up, and I want to know if it's rom related of my blade being annoying.

I have trouble with bluetooth transfers. better said, it doesn;t work. And with the facebook app, it refuses to upload my photos to facebook.

are there fixes known for these problems or not?

Thanks for this rom!