[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest AndroiDemon

Do you overclock your phone?

Yes i have tried to overclock the CPU as well. generally i dont over clock it in normal functioning. But the crashing of games continues. The 2.2 froyo stock rom did not have this problem.

Guest DarkCrono

Posting in the proper forum this time.. Hope So.. But desperately need help.

All credits to the hard work, but i have faced certain issues with this rom.

many applications specially heavy games crash on this rom. i have tried lane splitter and it badly crashes. even temple run does not load. after certain time due to heavy use browser also crashes. i am usind Idea - zte blade Indian version with 256 Mb of RAM. I am already using link2sd for managing internal memory. but problem faced is may be due to ram management. the applications FCs more and crashes more.

If anybody else has faced similar problem do highlight and do help me with an appropriate solution..

Maybe i get a good solution this time.....

Use a2sd and create a swap partition of 256 MB on ad card. It's a must have for low memory phones.

Sometime ago I also posted an issue about gallery too. Yes, there are some square patterns and it is on both my and my gf's mobile.

Just open the stock gallery, enter a folder and load a pic. Then these squares are shown.

I`ve managed to fix problem with gallery by replacing it with stock app from another rom...if anyone want I can upload it...I didn`t like quickpic.

Now I am very close to perfect rom,just one more problem to solve :)

Phone heats too much after few mins, even when i browse trough phone(pics,music)or surfing over the net(not watching youtube or playing games)...

Any idea ?

Edited by [email protected]

Guest wakeup12

I`ve managed to fix problem with gallery by replacing it with stock app from another rom...if anyone want I can upload it...I didn`t like quickpic.

Now I am very close to perfect rom,just one more problem to solve :)

Phone heats too much after few mins, even when i browse trough phone(pics,music)or surfing over the net(not watching youtube or playing games)...

Any idea ?

Yes please, if possible. and the procedure please. E.g. do we need to wipe or reset before installation.

Thank you.

Guest shanky887614

Yes please, if possible. and the procedure please. E.g. do we need to wipe or reset before installation.

Thank you.

for updates from same rom generally no

but if you do have problems there is a "no wipe no whine policy"

bassically if you havent wiped you are on your own

so try it first because lets face it putting all settings back takes a while even with titanium backup

if it doesnt work wipe then install

if that doesnt work restore nandriod that you should have made before even trying update

Guest wookie16081965

Been using this rom daily no problems then went looking for anything new on google market on pc, found a different gps map to download needed to use barcode scanner heres the problem, ive got neoreader already installed first time used it tonight it keeps crashing saying the camera is already in use has anyone got any ideas about this please.

Guest probals

Hey guys,

Is it just me or was the battery life of RLS6 better than that of RLS7? Been using for more than a week now, so the calibration shd be fine.

That doesn't take away from the incredible work done by you, KonstaT. You are a star in my book.

P

Guest edrean

Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I am using SS7.

I want to use the internet of my laptop with some wireless connection.( My laptop has connection to the internet with cable. It is "reverse tethering"). There is an arch linux and a windows 7 on my laptop.

I tried:

- bluetooth pan: I used http://bluez.sourceforge.net/contrib/HOWTO-PAN . It didn't work, but i have almost no experience with bluetooth, so probably i made some mistake.

- adhoc wifi:Previously i got it working with cm nigthly(, but i don't want to use it, because i wan't a more stable rom. I experienced some problems, after that decided to remove the rom.), but SS doesn't see any adhoc network. I also tried to copy wpa_supplicant from the CM, but after that SS wireless stopped to working.

Any ideas? Can somebody use this technologies with SS?

Thanks!

Guest vmnit

Hi,

i need help!!!! It is regarding to link2sd app.

I had partitioned a new 16 GB sdcard as follows: around 13.x as FAT32, 1024MB as ext3 and remaining 74 MB as swap.

Now after installing the RLS7 ROM on my mobile, it was working fine. But I saw that the internal memory was shown as around 400 MB only. I was hoping that it should be aroung 512 MB.

Anyways, to check that and to move the apps to sdcard's ext3 partition, I installed the link2sd app. After running that app, it asked me for which partition to use (the options were ext2, ext3, ext4, fat 16/32) ... I selected ext3.

But then after waiting on the app, my phone hanged and then rebooted itself although it then stucked to Dell logo. I have tried by pulling out the battery as well, but it didn't work.

Please anyone help to resolve the issue and let me know what wrong step I had followed.

Regards,

Vivek

Guest vmnit

Hi,

I had partitioned a new 16 GB sdcard as follows: around 13.x as FAT32, 1024MB as ext3 and remaining 74 MB as swap.

Now after installing the RLS7 ROM on my mobile, it was working fine. But I saw that the internal memory was shown as around 400 MB only. I was hoping that it should be aroung 512 MB.

Anyways, to check that and to move the apps to sdcard's ext3 partition, I installed the link2sd app. After running that app, it asked me for which partition to use (the options were ext2, ext3, ext4, fat 16/32) ... I selected ext3.

But then after waiting on the app, my phone hanged and then rebooted itself although it then stucked to Dell logo. I have tried by pulling out the battery as well, but it didn't work.

Please anyone help to resolve the issue and let me know what wrong step I had followed.

Regards,

Vivek

I could able to boot the device by removing the sdcard. now all the apps are gone ... probably it is due to the selecting ext3 thru the link2sd or due to factory/resetting it in the recovery mode.

Please help, I am unable to see the apps that already were there ... they were surely consuming space in my phone.

Need someone's input here.

Guest KonstaT

Hey guys,

Is it just me or was the battery life of RLS6 better than that of RLS7? Been using for more than a week now, so the calibration shd be fine.

That doesn't take away from the incredible work done by you, KonstaT. You are a star in my book.

P

There really isn't anything changed that would effect battery performance. Most likely it's just some misbehaving app.

If you live in a low reception area, you might want to use settings menu to set network mode instead of notification power widget. There is a slight difference in preference (2G/3G auto vs 3G preferred).

Hi,

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I am using SS7.

I want to use the internet of my laptop with some wireless connection.( My laptop has connection to the internet with cable. It is "reverse tethering"). There is an arch linux and a windows 7 on my laptop.

I tried:

- bluetooth pan: I used http://bluez.sourcef...ntrib/HOWTO-PAN . It didn't work, but i have almost no experience with bluetooth, so probably i made some mistake.

- adhoc wifi:Previously i got it working with cm nigthly(, but i don't want to use it, because i wan't a more stable rom. I experienced some problems, after that decided to remove the rom.), but SS doesn't see any adhoc network. I also tried to copy wpa_supplicant from the CM, but after that SS wireless stopped to working.

Any ideas? Can somebody use this technologies with SS?

Thanks!

Yeah, there is no support for ad-hoc networks. I've never tried anything with bluetooth so I don't know if that works.

CM7 actually uses framework patch to add support to ad-hoc. Copying wpa_supplicant won't work. I'll also save you some time and say that none of the patched wpa_supplicants available work either (I've tried them all :P). Best result I have so far is with my own patched version. It can see ad-hoc networks (and connect to normal ones) but connecting to ad-hoc still fails at retrieving ip address. I've also tried to patch the framework, but it seems I missed half of the patch at the time. ;) I'll probably look into this sometime later.

You can use this method to create non-ad-hoc wifi access point on your computer. It works on win7 and I think there is similar method for linux depending on your computers wifi chipset.

Hi,

Don't use link2sd. This ROM comes with Darktremor a2sd and you should use that instead.

Guest probals

There really isn't anything changed that would effect battery performance..use settings menu to set network mode instead of notification power widget...

Thanks KonstaT.

Yes, the notification power widget 2G/3G switcher seems a lil buggy to me. I get very low reception immediately after switching. Sometimes I have to put on airplane mode / reboot completely.

Nothing that I can't live with, though

P

Edited by probals

Guest edrean

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for Your help. I tried it, but i got this error:

The following command was not found: wlan set mode=allow ssid=Laptop key=123456

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for Your help. I tried it, but i got this error:

The following command was not found: wlan set mode=allow ssid=Laptop key=123456

Ah yes, now I remember that the instructions weren't exactly accurate. :P

It should be

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Laptop key=1234567890
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
[/CODE] to start the network, and
[CODE]
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

to stop the network.

I have written a simple batch script to start/stop/show status for the access point. You need to run it as administrator and you also might want to change the network ssid and password first. (rename .txt -> .bat)

WlanAP.txt

Guest matje103

Has anyone from the dutch community tried to bug zte to release kernel source codes for froyo? seems the only way to get our camera's fixed. I didn't get a reply..

Guest wookie16081965

Been using this rom daily no problems then went looking for anything new on google market on pc, found a different gps map to download needed to use barcode scanner heres the problem, ive got neoreader already installed first time used it tonight it keeps crashing saying the camera is already in use has anyone got any ideas about this please.

Anyone, google play crashing now.

Guest srajan shri

Hi everyone,

Thanx for such a gr8 rom KonstaT..

Can anyone tell me how to get the cm7 camera and music apps working on SS7.. :)

Thank you.

Guest nitso

Is there any way how volume buttons change track when screen is off?When I press button once ,the track changes only once and when changes volume...!

Edited by nitso

Guest dodyweb

Im using now my Blade with rls6 ...like a couple of people i have this issue with battery life in rls 7, i tested the rom twice, i installed 3 times already, wiped everything ,calibrated battery, but...no joy ..13 hours, and with rls6 i have no problems for 2 days....im not understanding this....sorry.

I noticed that others not have this problem and a few have it.....i dont know , maybe its something with the hardware of the phone...i have a 2011 blade...

Guest archish

Did you update Google maps after installing rls7? I had battery drain after fresh install , it got fixed after the update.

Im using now my Blade with rls6 ...like a couple of people i have this issue with battery life in rls 7, i tested the rom twice, i installed 3 times already, wiped everything ,calibrated battery, but...no joy ..13 hours, and with rls6 i have no problems for 2 days....im not understanding this....sorry.

I noticed that others not have this problem and a few have it.....i dont know , maybe its something with the hardware of the phone...i have a 2011 blade...

Guest edrean

Ah yes, now I remember that the instructions weren't exactly accurate. :P

It should be

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Laptop key=1234567890

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

to start the network, and

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

to stop the network. I have written a simple batch script to start/stop/show status for the access point. You need to run it as administrator and you also might want to change the network ssid and password first. (rename .txt -> .bat)
Thanks Konstat! I tried, but i got the error:
The hosted network mode has been set to allow.

The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

The user key pass-phrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

The hosted network couldn't be started.

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

I found in modaco a suggestion to use this software to manually set up the connection:

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Now i have wifi: the phone is the AP with wpa security.

The routing tables, and the dns is also in ok. I can access the internet.

But i cannot use a lot of applications(for eg gmail), because, i think, my connection aren't registered by "higher android parts". Can i somehow change this?

Guest rflmota

i can't get A2SD to work, tried partitioning SD Card from CWM with 512MB(EXT)/256MB(SWAP) and 4096MB(EXT)/256MB(SWAP) following the commands in terminal emulator "su" - "a2sd reinstall", and i can't get apps to install on SD Card, i can't install my apps cause i get "low memory storage" warning in internal memory while installing from market. Could someone please help ?

Guest coolluc

I have a problem.

I have got stil 181 mb free on my blade but I cant install any app because there isnt enough space .

What can I do ??