[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Guest AbrantesPT

The default settings on this rom didn't work for me. But after calibrating, it's working fine:

prox_theshold_hi = 952

theshold_lo = 762

int_time = 246

adc_time = 255

wait_time = 255

intr_filter = 0

config = 0

pulse_cnt = 4

gain= 32

Thanks soo much!! i'm a bit noob in android stuff but after i found a way to edit prox_data.txt and try this values now PROximity sensor WORKS FINE!!!! thanks SOO much!!!!!

Now i'll make a bakcup and try the ICE ARMOUR II, ~~ nice job! u guys are the best!! god bless internet!!!! :D

Guest JThumar

Lets me drain once with this ROM.....i had installed in middle of battery discharge......will charge fully and see how it works out !!

With Atomic, for me, even once I turn the screen on and have a play around the battery is still great. CM7, however, eats it in no time and the battery usage for WiFi goes through the roof even when it's not doing anything. You see, the reason I force enable WiFi in Trillian is so that I get messages without a huge delay and this works even with the screen off and polls correctly as shown by the 7% WiFi on Atomic. However, in CM7 it's got WiFi enabled as it should be but I don't think it's polling at all.

If CM7 really is more accurate then how would you explain Atomic lasting 3-4 days of usage, with emails, messages and calls and CM7 draining my phone over night which required me to put it on charge first thing in the morning?

At the moment I've disabled the forced WiFi connection in Trillian to see if CM7 prefers C2DM and if it will give me any messages even while the screen is off. I will update this post in half an hour.

Update:

With WiFi not forced via Trillian I no longer receive any messages until I turn the display on, so that's useless. I'm going to try using the WiFi connection policy set as never instead (Settings -> Wireless & Network settings -> Wi-Fi settings -> Menu button -> Advanced).

Guest Frankish

How far from stock is this rom? I just would like an up to date cm7 rom without much in the way of additions if that's possible. Installed this for a brief moment. Not a fan of the themes but still great work.

Guest kelzsoca

How far from stock is this rom? I just would like an up to date cm7 rom without much in the way of additions if that's possible. Installed this for a brief moment. Not a fan of the themes but still great work.

Ice Armor II. up to date ;)

Guest AbrantesPT

i´ve just tested this new rom, GReat WORK!!!

About a diference to ice armour I : i noticed in new Ice armour II that the menus (settings) have a (grey) background patern, and navigating in those menus isnt soo smooth like it was in Ice armour 1 that the background was black.

Any way to add an options for switch between menus backgrounds?? , or there is anyway to remove that patern that slows smooth navigation in menus ???

Thanks a LOT!!

Guest AbrantesPT

About a diference to ice armour I : i noticed in new Ice armour II that the menus (settings) have a (grey) background patern, and navigating in those menus isnt soo smooth like it was in Ice armour 1 that the background was black.

Any way to add an options for switch between menus backgrounds?? , or there is anyway to remove that patern that slows smooth navigation in menus ???

Sorry, Solution is easy, I found that i just need to use THEME CHOOSER to change to ICE ARMOUR LITE ;)

Now the proximity sensor works 100%!!~

THE BEST ROOM FOR SKATE!

Thanks a lot for ur joob

Guest TouchyAndalou

Thanks soo much!! i'm a bit noob in android stuff but after i found a way to edit prox_data.txt and try this values now PROximity sensor WORKS FINE!!!! thanks SOO much!!!!!

Now i'll make a bakcup and try the ICE ARMOUR II, ~~ nice job! u guys are the best!! god bless internet!!!! :D

Good to hear. I've had problems with the proximity sensor before and it can be really annoying.

Although, rather than have to edit anything manually, in Ice Armor all you have to do is go to settings - device settings - calibrate proximity sensor, and it'll apply the new values for you. Works a charm and is how I fixed my black screen after call problem.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I've tried loads of different roms for both the Blade and the Skate, and I've got to say that this is close to being the best of the lot. It's certainly one of, if not the most stable custom roms I've used. And this is coming from somebody who really didn't like CM7 on the Blade at all.

My only slight complaint is that the sound doesn't compare to the stock Orange 2.3.4 rom (although this is a problem with all 2.3.5 roms that don't have Dolby) I'll try some sound boosting apps from the Market, because other than that, this rom really is great.

*edit* BTW, one small glitch I've noticed is that if you enable soft keys in the status bar, there are some graphical errors around the buttons on the stock gingerbread theme (and it's even worse on the Ice Armor themes, as the buttons are black on the grey status bar background)

However, if you download the ICS theme from the market, the soft keys look perfect. Not a big problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest AbrantesPT

Good to hear. I've had problems with the proximity sensor before and it can be really annoying.

Although, rather than have to edit anything manually, in Ice Armor all you have to do is go to settings - device settings - calibrate proximity sensor, and it'll apply the new values for you. Works a charm and is how I fixed my black screen after call problem.

TouchyAndalou, the procedure u described dindt worked for me with IceArmour1, i had to manualy set the right values in prox_data.txt.

But with IceArmour2 "settings - device settings - calibrate proximity sensor" works fine! just need to reboot ;)

i wish i could have ICeArmour2 (core) with new ICS theme, a way to choose it from theme application, i leave here this idea! :D

Guest TouchyAndalou
i wish i could have ICeArmour2 (core) with new ICS theme, a way to choose it from theme application, i leave here this idea! :D

Just download this from the market and then apply through your theme chooser:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sonny.theme.ics&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zb25ueS50aGVtZS5pY3MiXQ..My link

It'll give an error message when you first try to apply, but ignore that, it works fine.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest kelzsoca

I've tried loads of different roms for both the Blade and the Skate, and I've got to say that this is close to being the best of the lot. It's certainly one of, if not the most stable custom roms I've used. And this is coming from somebody who really didn't like CM7 on the Blade at all.

My only slight complaint is that the sound doesn't compare to the stock Orange 2.3.4 rom (although this is a problem with all 2.3.5 roms that don't have Dolby) I'll try some sound boosting apps from the Market, because other than that, this rom really is great.

*edit* BTW, one small glitch I've noticed is that if you enable soft keys in the status bar, there are some graphical errors around the buttons on the stock gingerbread theme (and it's even worse on the Ice Armor themes, as the buttons are black on the grey status bar background)

However, if you download the ICS theme from the market, the soft keys look perfect. Not a big problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks, repair it.

Guest Kayusumi

Where is the location of prox_data.txt?

Thanks!

Edit:

In the later posts, I found that the problem of black scree would gone after doing the cali. againg in II?

Edit2:

Find this file in data/misc after doing cali!

Edited by Kayusumi

Update:

With WiFi not forced via Trillian I no longer receive any messages until I turn the display on, so that's useless. I'm going to try using the WiFi connection policy set as never instead (Settings -> Wireless & Network settings -> Wi-Fi settings -> Menu button -> Advanced).

Using the WiFi connection policy instead of the setting on Trillian looks to have done the trick. The phones been on for over 5 hours now and it's still at 100% so it looks to be a bug between Trillian and CM7. I will keep an eye on things anyway, hopefully I've got at least 97% battery by the morning ;)

Guest AbrantesPT

Where is the location of prox_data.txt?

Thanks!

Edit:

In the later posts, I found that the problem of black scree would gone after doing the cali. againg in II?

i dont know location right now, but u can do like i did -> with application SD MAID ( https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImV1LnRoZWRhcmtlbi5zZG0iXQ.. ) using SHEARCHER, shearch for prox_data.txt . It will appear that file. Then click on it and open it. Use notepad or any text editor to set the values i mencioned in another post. Save the file then REBOOT, test a call and return to post here to tell if its working.

If u need more help ill be watching ;)

Guest Kayusumi

i dont know location right now, but u can do like i did -> with application SD MAID ( https://market.andro...mtlbi5zZG0iXQ.. ) using SHEARCHER, shearch for prox_data.txt . It will appear that file. Then click on it and open it. Use notepad or any text editor to set the values i mencioned in another post. Save the file then REBOOT, test a call and return to post here to tell if its working.

If u need more help ill be watching ;)

Thank you for your reply!!

But I can't find this file in the searcher, maybe it is because that I didn't do the calibration

Will try it later after the calibration

Edit:

Still can't fined the file, maybe SD maid pro is needed

Edited by Kayusumi

Guest ronc2000

Something strange.

I have 3 OMCs to do the roms and have decided finally on IA 2 rom.

Normally after you have changed to a new rom, it will start with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. But one of the phone always boot to a "normal" "home" screen so ready to be used without touching the Adroid to start.

I have re-flashed it again and again many times and it always boot to a normal screen.

The other 2 phone behaved "normally" with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. I have also re-flashed these phones many times just to confirm what should happen.

I thought the presence (or absence) of a sim card may make the difference but it was not the case.

I do all 3 wipes every time I re-flashed. All 3 phones are identical OMC, TPTed to 150MB system and 35MB cache.

Any one figure out what is happening to the "odd" phone?

I have just compared the apps installed in the newly flashed phones:

The "odd" one:

26 items : including SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) but no Car Home / Google Search

"Normal" one:

26 items: including Car Home and Google Search but NOT SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) as in the "odd" one.

I swear I flashed them with the same ZTE_SKATE_Ice_Armor_II.zip dated Feb 3.

So any hint on what happened?

Edited by ronc2000

Guest JThumar

So you set it to 'Never' ??

Using the WiFi connection policy instead of the setting on Trillian looks to have done the trick. The phones been on for over 5 hours now and it's still at 100% so it looks to be a bug between Trillian and CM7. I will keep an eye on things anyway, hopefully I've got at least 97% battery by the morning ;)

Guest ronc2000

Another strange thing is that one phone always has Youtube/Market installed, but not the other 2, before any additional installtion or configuration.

I know Market is normally not installed by default and it is added when google account is added.

edit: I have just re-flahed the one with Youtebe/Market instaled and they are no longer there after a re-flashed.

I wonder what made the difference.

Update: I figured out what happened?

On the initial start up, if you connect wifi, YouTube and Market will be added even if you do not add a google account.

If you skip the connect wifi bit, YouTube/Market will not be installed.

Edited by ronc2000

Guest razzmataz1478

Something strange.

I have 3 OMCs to do the roms and have decided finally on IA 2 rom.

Normally after you have changed to a new rom, it will start with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. But one of the phone always boot to a "normal" "home" screen so ready to be used without touching the Adroid to start.

I have re-flashed it again and again many times and it always boot to a normal screen.

The other 2 phone behaved "normally" with "Touch the Android to begin" screen. I have also re-flashed these phones many times just to confirm what should happen.

I thought the presence (or absence) of a sim card may make the difference but it was not the case.

I do all 3 wipes every time I re-flashed. All 3 phones are identical OMC, TPTed to 150MB system and 35MB cache.

Any one figure out what is happening to the "odd" phone?

I have just compared the apps installed in the newly flashed phones:

The "odd" one:

26 items : including SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) but no Car Home / Google Search

"Normal" one:

26 items: including Car Home and Google Search but NOT SIM Toolkit, and Search (a magnifying glass) as in the "odd" one.

I swear I flashed them with the same ZTE_SKATE_Ice_Armor_II.zip dated Feb 3.

So any hint on what happened?

Mine went straight to homescreen when I flashed it, and I'm on a 220mb tpt.... I wasn't too bothered really

Guest ronc2000

Mine went straight to homescreen when I flashed it, and I'm on a 220mb tpt.... I wasn't too bothered really

It does bother me.

I do not think it is "normal" unless there is an explanation why this happens.

Because I have flashed many times with CM7 and IA2 and expect initial configuration screen every time.

What about the diferences in the installed apps?

Edited by ronc2000

Guest dibbles

@ronc2000 - mine was the same as yours, in terms of the homescreen etc.

However it also would not establish a 3G connection. Both 2G/3G were selected and it would simply not work. All the appropriate settings were applied. Everything else seemed to work fine, full signal etc. But still no 3G or H icons were ever displayed and thus was not able to receive MMS messages. APN was fine, but even if it wasn't I should still have got a 3G connection.