[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Guest pablitobm88
What cpu frequency governor and recommend me to moderate drinking? used mobile social networks, whatsapp, news and Tapatalk, so the gaming performance I do not care too

ah, if material, most of the day use wifi home or wifi school

?¿

Guest jfabaf

I've just installed III+ and it works very well, thx.

However, the free internal memory is too low, I've created the ext partition (1 GB) before install the ROM.

This is the memory status just installed the ROM, without any other app installed:

screenshot1330904131580.png

There are only 116 MB free internal memory, is it normal?

After that I've installed this apps:

A2SDGUI

Advanced Task Killer

Dropbox

Elixir2

Facebook

Google Reader

Keepassdroid

Root explorer

Twitter

Whatsapp

The A2SDGUI says "the apps are in the SD", so, it's correct. The davik cache is in the internal memory.

But, only with this apps installed, the free internal memory is 80 MB, is it normal? is the a2sdgui working?

I've also erased the cache of the internal memory with Elixir2.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: I've been researching, with root explorer, and I found the next:

"/data/app" dirextory is a simbolic link to "/sd-ext/app", so it's correct.

"/data/davik-cache" isn't a sim link,so, davik-cache is in internal memory. Its amount is 62.50 MB. It's correct too.

"/data/data" isn't a sim link (20 MB) , why not in sd? Should be the /data/data in the sd-ext too?

Edited by jfabaf

Guest jfabaf

Why not simply use S2E?

I can't use it because:

ICE ARMOR III+:

- A2SD- Support EXT partition (automatically uses ext partiton the SD card)(there is no need for external applications) /S2E, Link2SD/

EDIT:

I got it!!

I want that the applications were in the SD (/data/app), and data applications also were in the SD (/data/data) in my case occupies 23 MB, but growing as time passes.

In A2SDGUI only you can move the applications (/data/app) and dalvik-cache (/data/dalvik-cache) but not the applications data (/ data / data), it must be done by hand .

Well, what I did was:

- Install the "Android Terminal Emulator" from the Market

- Put the phone in airplane mode (without wifi or mobile network)

- Run the Terminal Emulator

- Run the following commands on the Android Emulator:

su

cp -pr /data/data /sd-ext

rm -r /data/data

ln -s /sd-ext/data /data/data

exit

exit

-Reboot the phone

With this we've created a symbolic link from /data/data to /sd-ext/data, copying the entire contents.

This way I save 23 MB of internal memory, and Davik-cache is still on the internal memory that it's faster

Edited by jfabaf

There is probably some problem with GPS when used with Sygic navigation.

One of my friends asked me to take a look at his phone because Sygic is not working properly.

It is able to lock the current position but behaves strange when moving - it does not follow position and oddly jumps from place to place.

Originally he had tilal's CM7 so I upgated it to Ice Armor III hoping to solve it. But the same behaviour. I then tried to put Skatie on and

Sygic (the same version) works as it supposes to. The version of Sygic is 11.2.6 (original).

Could there be a problem with GPS libraries in Android 2.3.7 or is it something else?

Guest rufus2005

There is probably some problem with GPS when used with Sygic navigation.

One of my friends asked me to take a look at his phone because Sygic is not working properly.

It is able to lock the current position but behaves strange when moving - it does not follow position and oddly jumps from place to place.

Originally he had tilal's CM7 so I upgated it to Ice Armor III hoping to solve it. But the same behaviour. I then tried to put Skatie on and

Sygic (the same version) works as it supposes to. The version of Sygic is 11.2.6 (original).

Could there be a problem with GPS libraries in Android 2.3.7 or is it something else?

I had this in Ice Armor 2 with Google maps navigation, it would find my position but then seemed to think i was going in the opposite direction.

Havent tried it in ice armor 3 yet but seems fine cm9, but maps keeps crashing on that.

Cant comment on Sygic though, havent got it

Guest tillaz

I had this in Ice Armor 2 with Google maps navigation, it would find my position but then seemed to think i was going in the opposite direction.

if it thinks your going in the opposite direction its probably a problem with compass, check if its working as it should by downloading a compass app or something...

think cm7 for the o2x had a problem like this but was fixed via kernel

Edited by tillaz

Guest aamiel

if it thinks your going in the opposite direction its probably a problem with compass, check if its working as it should by downloading a compass app or something...

think cm7 for the o2x had a problem like this but was fixed via kernel

Some time ago I was trying CM7 and found some apps (including Gmaps and GPS essentials) had problems with the compass while some were working fine.

Looking on the web it seems quite a few phones have this issue in CM7.

This is one of the reasons why I moved away from CM7. I wonder if CM9 has the same problem

Guest mick460

ive got the ice armor III rom. im using giffgaff network... (which has worked in the past).

well i carnt get google navigations to work on my skate.

i set up the directions and it just says ''searching for GPS...''

can anyone please help?

Guest anuraj

Slide button on camera and it will be in video capture mode

Instead of using camera 360 which came with the phone I decided to download the ice cream sandwich camera off market.

Edited by anuraj

Guest zombik1

I'm using Armor III+ rom and I can't find where is the killing apps with long press back button. In tilal's cm9 ICS it is... 

Edited by zombik1

Guest PejotA

I'm using Armor III+ rom and I can't find where is the killing apps with long press back button. In tilal's cm9 ICS it is... 

Friend follows the path: Configuration / Applications / Kill application ... Simple as that! Hugs

:D :D

Guest Coffer52

Hey guys, really enjoying this rom, the only problem I've had is the odd FC with DSP manager. Are there any further enhancements (Dolby?) planned? Thanks again for a great ROM?

Guest Der_Floo

hello everybody i have a problem. my playstore say to me that a lot of apps not supportret or not compatible (sorry for my english) on my device...like facebook ?! :o oder other standart stuff!? pls help   im on ice amror III 

Edited by Der_Floo

Guest inox_od

it works fine youre doing it wrong

what's wrong? the only thing that I managed to do - is to receive MMS (but only when 'mobile data transfer' is on). I used some other ROM before (tillaz's Atomic) and MMS receiveing and sending were automatic in it - it worked even if 'mobile data transfer' was off and that was very comfortable. I think it can be achieved in this ROM too.

This is unfortunately the only serious thing that stops me using this ROM as "everyday". Also I saw some other issue - 'application installation program' is not translated to russian language at all (it is in english). This can be also said about default Launcher app and some cyanogenmod settings.

Guest razzmataz1478

what's wrong? the only thing that I managed to do - is to receive MMS (but only when 'mobile data transfer' is on). I used some other ROM before (tillaz's Atomic) and MMS receiveing and sending were automatic in it - it worked even if 'mobile data transfer' was off and that was very comfortable. I think it can be achieved in this ROM too.

This is unfortunately the only serious thing that stops me using this ROM as "everyday". Also I saw some other issue - 'application installation program' is not translated to russian language at all (it is in english). This can be also said about default Launcher app and some cyanogenmod settings.

Look in apn settings under mobile networks . What network are you on. You'll need to add apn settings for your network for mms.

Guest inox_od

Look in apn settings under mobile networks . What network are you on. You'll need to add apn settings for your network for mms.

at first there were automatically detected apn's for my home network. I've checked them and settings was good.

But I deleted these apns and created them by hand again. Even after that it didn't helped..

Edited by inox_od

Guest dibbles

at first there were automatically detected apn's for my home network. I've checked them and settings was good.

But I deleted these apns and created them by hand again. Even after that it didn't helped..

?