[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Guest inox_od

I have 2 APNs and first (that is selected and has type 'default' used for edge internet access), second has 'mms' type and is used for mms.

This configuration worked for me on Ice Armor II. What have changed in ice armor 3 I don't know...

UPD: Or do you suggest that I should add MMS settings to my 'default' APN to get it working in automatic mode? But it's unlogical due to internet and mms have different APN names..

Edited by inox_od

Guest razzmataz1478

I have 2 APNs and first (that is selected and has type 'default' used for edge internet access), second has 'mms' type and is used for mms.

This configuration worked for me on Ice Armor II. What have changed in ice armor 3 I don't know...

UPD: Or do you suggest that I should add MMS settings to my 'default' APN to get it working in automatic mode? But it's unlogical due to internet and mms have different APN names..

Yes add to default apn what network you on??????

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

Just 2 things I've noticed using ICE ARMOUR III... I've had this ROM installed since ICE ARMOUR III+ was released...

Firstly I've noticed my wifi connection periodically cuts out and doesn't reconnect during an intensive use of my browser and Play Store apps and any other apps that needs data connection... Sometimes and I mean only sometimes it reconnects itself back to life, but when it doesn't which is most of the time I have to manually reconnect it myself, and also takes a couple of attempts to reconnect my wifi connection to life and I have no idea why or how this happens, plus I don't know what to do for bug reports, so I can't provide any debugging logs :P ... It sometimes even completely fails and gives an "error" status when I try to turning wifi back on, and I can only reboot to revive the wifi connection... Now, this happens with ICE ARMOUR II but it wasn't so bad, so I have no clue to why this is happening, is anyone else getting this problem and is there anyone here found why this is happening and possibly got a solution?... Thanks

Secondly, lately I've been messing with the new Play Store app, and found that the modified version 3.5.15 of Play Store ( hacked to report dpi 240 on my 200 dpi device ) doesn't notify/show me in the 'my app' section that I have new updates for installed apps and some apps still give me the "this device is incompatible with this app" notice at the top of the app page ( this can be for not installed and already installed apps too )... Now, I've tested this modified apk in my wildfire which has ICS flashed on it and has been hacked to 110 dpi, and found out that this modified apk works perfectly as it should... So, anyone got any ideas what the problem here with this situation?... Here is the link to the modified Play Store apk for anyone who hasn't got this modified apk already... :P

Much appreciate the response...

EDIT: I've finally got this modified Play Store apk to work now, but how is beyond me!... However, I did had to leave the phone on idle for a while before going back to it to re-adb back the hacked Play Store apk just to see if the desktop Play Store website would recognise my hacked dpi and not let me install Play Store apps... The result was and still is that the hacked Play Store apk works on the website Play Store and all Gingerbread compatible apps are able to be installed on to my ICE ARMOUR III device... When I wiped the Play Store data on my device and re-started the app and accepted the T&C stuff, it resulted in the hacked dpi of 240 to be updated on the Play Store server and lets me install from the website Play Store... It looks like to me that it seems something is interrupting the hacked dpi value within the Play Store app, whether that is because my device is slow or that ICE ARMOUR III isn't updating efficiently, I don't know... Anyone got any ideas???

EDIT: HERE is the link to the thread where this hacked Play Store apk is currently being discussed...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

hello everybody i have a problem. my playstore say to me that a lot of apps not supportret or not compatible (sorry for my english) on my device...like facebook ?! :o oder other standart stuff!? pls help im on ice amror III

I didn't read this before adding my latest post but, I thought I reply anyways... HERE is the link to the modified apk for Play Store version 3.5.15 which will allow all compatible gingerbread apps to install onto your device from within the app providing that you have a modified dpi value setting other than 240dpi... If you want the official version HERE is the official version... Remember to wipe all data and cache within 'settings > manage applications > applications > all tabs' or Titanium Backup Pro to reset the app on the device and the webaite on the desktop version and start recognising the hacked dpi...

To install one of the above apks, the easiest way I would suggest is by backing up then uninstalling the current one on your device with Titanium Backup Pro, and then connect your device to the PC/Mac and using 'adb push' command to push the apk to the /system/app folder, this is providing that you have adb and have the device drivers installed onto you PC/Mac to get adb access to your device... If you want another method, this is a complicated way though but you can follow THIS short guide...

Hope this helps!... :)

Guest alfredo2012

Hello together, Today i've installed Amor III+ /great ROM Thanks ..) after Using Cyanogen 7 Nighly from January 2012 .

The problem occurs , when i connect p.e. with androIRC to my IRC network it times out after ca. 3 Minutes and reconnect. My Wive is using same ZTE Skate with Original Android 2.3.5 and don't have this Problems ...

Another Problem is (i mean the reason is the same) that p.e. AirDroid do not realy work with Armor III+ (Same problem with Time Out .. after few minutes)

I've just looked into the settings of w-lan an moved to (every time on) but its the same with connections over normal tel-provider :(

These Problems are also with the latest Cyanogen Mod Version :(

Have anybody an idea?

Greetings from the Black Forrest ;)

Edited by alfredo2012

Guest siki007

Hy, I have some problems in the rom, I can't save my phone contacts in the sim card, that a big problem for me, because I change phones frequently. Have any app that automatically copies when I enter a new number? The other problem when I take a picture, and i see the gallery, I can not see the edge of the image.

Please help me

Guest trueno2k

Hy, I have some problems in the rom, I can't save my phone contacts in the sim card, that a big problem for me, because I change phones frequently. Have any app that automatically copies when I enter a new number? The other problem when I take a picture, and i see the gallery, I can not see the edge of the image.

Please help me

As far as I know Android doesn't store contact details to sim card, if all your phones are android based, just have the contacts backed up by Google and then have all your android phones automatically sync google contacts on each phone... So, therefore each phone will always have up to date contact details...

Hope this helps...

Edit: on a side note, has anyone here come across their omc wifi cutting off and reconnecting and sometimes failing aswell?

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Der_Floo

hi ..

can someone load up the stock animation? i like the ics animations but maybe there is a way to change it to the normal ?! :)

thx

Guest eLJay

I had to stop using Ice Armour III+ as it if I made a phone call and put my phone to my ear it stopped the call.

And I calibrated the sensor without any result.

Just informing of my problem as I've moved over to a CM9 install, as the phone and camera are working just need a Wifi/Data/Market fix.

So no support needed on this.

Guest Ipecac9

I love this ROM but I can't get the compass or GPS to work properly. It tells me I'm pointing to the opposite direction of what I actually am. Don't know if it's the ROM's or phone's problem though.

Guest trueno2k

I love this ROM but I can't get the compass or GPS to work properly. It tells me I'm pointing to the opposite direction of what I actually am. Don't know if it's the ROM's or phone's problem though.

Hey I've just loaded up Google Maps and it also is currently showing me the opposite direction... I turn my device to left of my bedroom it shows me that I'm looking right of my bedroom... Thanks for pointing this out, I would have never noticed... Is this gonna be looked into please??? :P

Guest Pillhead

just installed this and what is it i need to get it the desktop to look like the pictures on the first page with a picture of a aerial and the signal going up vertically please?

cheers

just installed this and what is it i need to get it the desktop to look like the pictures on the first page with a picture of a aerial and the signal going up vertically please?

cheers

Install ice armor theme in theme Chooser app.

Guest Pillhead

thanks........

i was told cm7 and cm9 are the only roms that support the automatic downloading of apps from the market?

i cant get this rom to do it?

Is it possible.

Thanks

I have three OMC and just one of them had call problems with Ice Armor III+ but it had no such problems with other ROMs

The screen would blank and lock immediately the call started and either never or much later unlock

After a few unsuccessful attempts I recalibrated the proximity sensor and it now works perfectly like the other two.

Maybe you should try again.

This is such a good ROM it's a pity not to be able to use it.

Andrew

I had to stop using Ice Armour III+ as it if I made a phone call and put my phone to my ear it stopped the call.

And I calibrated the sensor without any result.

Just informing of my problem as I've moved over to a CM9 install, as the phone and camera are working just need a Wifi/Data/Market fix.

So no support needed on this.

Guest trueno2k

Just a thought for everyone!... As I type this post and find myself trying to spell a word in the UK English for example "recognise" I see that the first few dictionary suggestions that is shown is giving spells the word with a "Z" in it... Now, I have my language setting English UK, so you'd expect the dictionary would be in the same language, right?... So, why is that I get American words being suggested as I type instead of UK English?... Is it that my rom is Americanised and so everything else on the device defaults on American terms?... Anyone else here got any comments regarding this?...

Guest tillaz

you can add this to build.prop to set any theme on first boot, providing you have it in the .zip

persist.sys.themeId=ADD THEME NAME HERE
persist.sys.themePackageName=add.theme.path.here[/xml]

below is an example of the way i set the ics theme on a cm7 rom

[code]persist.sys.themeId=ICS
persist.sys.themePackageName=com.sonny.theme.ics[/code]

this is only really useful if you base a rom on cm7 and want it to have a theme pre-set