[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Guest SWOriginal

I'm having great battery life.. a few hours of music, few videos, constant texting,& Facebook messenger, twitter,web browser, constant switching between wifi & 3G, 1hr wifi hotspot , and used multiple other apps

post-777579-132735094265_thumb.png

Sent from my Skate using Tapatalk

Edited by SWOriginal

Liked the functionality and look of being able to run CM7, but ran in to a problem with Wifi Conection speed. Sat in the same place, with Atomic I connect at 72Mbs, with Ice Armor/CM7 that drops to 26Mbs.

This causes speed test to drop from 18Mbs to 6Mps, so I've gone back to Atomic - is this just an issue I'm getting? Obviously I wiped before installing!

Liked the functionality and look of being able to run CM7, but ran in to a problem with Wifi Conection speed. Sat in the same place, with Atomic I connect at 72Mbs, with Ice Armor/CM7 that drops to 26Mbs.

This causes speed test to drop from 18Mbs to 6Mps, so I've gone back to Atomic - is this just an issue I'm getting? Obviously I wiped before installing!

I've got the WiFi "problem" too but its by the CM rom's kernel...

Battery: Without any use (standby)

0,5%/hour

Guest kelzsoca

Center Clock MOD

2 is installation of the package, one of the other mods to the original.

Recovery installation!

Statusbar text notifications hidden!

Pictures: >>>link<<<

==================

DOWNLOAD

==================

MD5: 4d0f544bdb3aac96018254b2b44e7d9a

Edited by kelzsoca

Guest Obsydian

After a few days testing only issue is syncing my hotmail, for some reason everytime I goto my inbox it re-snyc's the whole inbox ???

Aside from that eveything else is coparable and/or better than Atomic/CM7/Ceme.

Guest stiefanu

I have a problem:

When i swipe down the status bar in the left up corner, it show me recent applications, as i long press home key.

Moreover, when i click in the left up corner of the status bar, it return to the launcher.

Does anyone have this issue?

EDIT: Fixed, reflashed the rom smile.gif

Edited by stiefanu

Actually today in my opinion, this is the best rom built for ZTE Skate at the moment!!

This MOD of Center Clock only affirms what I knew all the time: Simply Fantastic. The visual was perfect!

Thank you very much for updating this Rom constantly!

Another thing is the battery that this lasting a lot and this pleases me. ..

Hugs!

=]

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest MarkokaZjEE

This rom is the best but i don't like big buttons etc... Kelzsoca, Could i change the display density ? I changed it in the build.prop but in real it won't change the density (in all CMs)... Do you or anybody know a solution for this ? In atomic it was cool when i changed to 200dpi the things went smaller... and i liked it so much :)

This rom is the best but i don't like big buttons etc... Kelzsoca, Could i change the display density ? I changed it in the build.prop but in real it won't change the density (in all CMs)... Do you or anybody know a solution for this ? In atomic it was cool when i changed to 200dpi the things went smaller... and i liked it so much :)

If you change your density the market does not work right,you will be incompatible with some apps.

I use this app,it fools market into believing you still have 240dpi.

There is a free version,but not sure what features you get with it as I went straight for pro version.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.birdapi.android.dpipro&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaXJkYXBpLmFuZHJvaWQuZHBpcHJvIl0.

Guest Obsydian

Did a fresh reinstall, full wipe and battery recalibration, this time from home with WIFI, so initial setup was smooth and linked to the Market straight away.

No Gmail force close issue or the Hotmail sync issues I had, great battery life so far, the best ROM to date.

Do not like the centre clock fix, looks odd and it gets blocked by the GPS text sometimes.

@ kelzsoca,

I am trying to make a patch update zip to enable transparency.

I am using this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1202866

ADB pulled my frameworkres.apk & systemui.apk,

I edited statusbarservice.smali to enable transpaency,

signed and built apks,

created update zip,

flashed in recovery but no changes ?

edit: Managed to do it with UOT Kitchen :D

Here is the update zip,flash in recovery.But it is launcher and theme dependent,for example,I have ADW EX with wallpaper hack disabled and I am using lunar theme which supports transparent statusbar.

Enjoy!

UOT-01-25-10-49-2.zip

post-796032-0-86626800-1327491100_thumb.

Edited by Guest

I am having problem with automatic brightness, it doesnt work well, and the response is very slow, it takes to much time to execute

Somewhere in the vastness of the blade cm7 topic is custom auto brightness settings that are very good.

If I can find them I will link for you.

edit: here:

There is this too:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vito.lux

Edited by Guest

Guest ravenswood

This ROM is working really well for me, I've tried them all and this is the most stable. Good battery life, very fast and lots of customisation options. No problems with Gmail, contact syncing or any other issues that other people have had.

I changed from the Ice Armor to the Cyanogenmod default theme because I found the status bar difficult to read, but apart from that it's working great.

It also works well with the toggle2g3g mod which I've found also helps with battery. Worth a look if you are using any Cyanogenmod based ROM

Great work!