[ROM] ZTE Skate - CM7: Ice Armor III. [Ice Armor III+ DOWNLOAD NOW]

Guest kelzsoca

Guest Obsydian

To be honest, from a non-hungarian, non-referred and unbiased point of view

Pros: Better Battery Life

System Persistency even with SD card (Class -1 Slooow) and EXT3 partition very good

Very few bugs

New 7.2.0 cyanogenmod

Really nice 'Ice Armor' theme

Cons: Disgusting menu and window transitions- it's almost like the developer thought he didn't put enough into the new ROM to warrant it being called a new ROM and slapped some horrible transitions onto it.

If I'm being REALLY nitpicky, maybe the boot logo could be changed to look more interactive?

All in all, I'm really happy with CM7 Ice Armor and I'm using it now! Really good work, devs :D

Thats rude to say they least, maybe you should try building a ROM yourself and post it, so we can judge your skills.

If you dont like the menu animations, read them thread and switch them off.

Ouch!

You need to play with android a bit more, those are standard transitions available to all, just need to look through your settings and disable them....you're welcome ;-)

Actually, I retract my statement about that; just bought an app from the market to disable those transitions, but I do think they should at least be optional from the start- not too nice to look at. Apart from that, after a couple of days' playing around with it, the whole experience seems much smoother and quicker; the phone loads faster and battery depletion in standby is.. microscopic. I left it on >8 hours and the battery had gone down 2%.

Upon further inspection, my actual gripe is TOTAL battery life, which after coming out of standby, goes like water in a tap.45 minutes, my 98% became 6%. And no, there is no way that's the battery- Lalit's CM7 Nightly kept me on a healthy 30% after a day, and some light web browsing.

All in all, I think (finally) that Ice Armor is for people who like to talk and text on the fly, or check emails, etc- the whole experience is smoother and it's faster. And the bootscreen is a nice, polished touch. If you want to keep on the go, watching videos and/or checking the news/playing games for >30 minutes, get ATOMIC.

@Obsydian: I'd rather not, seeing as I HAVE no skills in this region whatsoever.

Edited by JetKun

Actually, I retract my statement about that; just bought an app from the market to disable those transitions, but I do think they should at least be optional from the start- not too nice to look at.

Why did you buy an app to disable animations?

You can disable them in cm settings,its optional!

Cool !

Stop moaning about battery life if it runs down then charge it !

1) Easier said than done.

2) Just wipe battery stats. It's the ROM Reflashing that's a pisstake.

Also, kelzsoca, can you do a CM9 Ice Armor II, or is that asking too much? :3

Guest razzmataz1478

Just checked,and there is no bug in status bar for me.

Hm its been happening with twitter notifications. I just realised notifications still work.i pull it down but it lost all interactivity

Guest PedroVader

1) Easier said than done.

2) Just wipe battery stats. It's the ROM Reflashing that's a pisstake.

Also, kelzsoca, can you do a CM9 Ice Armor II, or is that asking too much? :3

If flashing is such a pain for you, why ask for another ROM? So you can tear it down and complain about how it doesn't suit you because you had to buy an app to disable something that was easily corrected in the first place?

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest apeelme

Nice rom but found a bug. If you swipe a notification about a quarter to the side my status bar crashes....

sorry this is CM bug, IceArmor next version is already included this patch...and many others

Guest AbrantesPT

The default settings on this rom didn't work for me. But after calibrating, it's working fine:

prox_theshold_hi = 952

theshold_lo = 762

int_time = 246

adc_time = 255

wait_time = 255

intr_filter = 0

config = 0

pulse_cnt = 4

gain= 32

Sorry.., but, where i can find this settings?

Guest timfimjim

@timfimjim,

I have uploaded an update ip on previous page to flash in recovery for transparent statusbar.

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Did you manage to get it with centre clock in the end?

Guest Kayusumi

Kelzsoca and appeelme I like the ROM. But can I disable those horrible cheesy transitions between the menus? They bug me,

Replace the framework-res.apk by the uploaded framework-res.apk (remember to extract the rar file)and you will get android default animations

framework-res.rar

Massive thanks to kelzsoca and apeelme for the ROM; I use it everyday :D

edit: thanks kayusumi for the help, but i googled a free download of that Anim Mod thing on the market, and I put some nice subtle blur animations on it instead :P

Edited by JetKun

As today is day 3 will it be released today or has there been a delay?

I am really looking forward to ice armor 2....this is an awesome rom,very stable and not found a single problem.

So its back to F5 waiting for that update :lol: