[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest gold-concert

Yes, indeed. I just thought that it just built into the firmware. Removed and now the place appeared.

Added:

For some reason, if you turn the music and lock the screen, the music stops. In CM 7.1 everything was fine.

Checked on the stock player and the PowerAMP

Edited by gold-concert

Guest martin_mkd

Hi, I'm using this rom for a while and everything seems fine, it freezed once when i disabled wi-fi but it's ok,

came here to ask, is overclock available yet?

Guest welly123

I have a problem with this rom which is failure to install some applications (namely iquran and iquran pro) with this error message "application not installed". Any help please

I have a problem with this rom which is failure to install some applications (namely iquran and iquran pro) with this error message "application not installed". Any help please

I ran into an issue that is maybe related to your problem.

It seems to me that native apps2sd is broken with kernel .32; this leads to problems installing apps that want to be moved to sd card using the native mechanism.

My test environment was my cm7-u8220-with-camera.zip rom; With kernel .29, native apps2sd is functional. When just exchanging the kernel (only zImage, dtox125 ramdisk is not compatible with my build), native apps2sd fails.

On this rom, I cannot install neocore. This is because neocore supports native apps2sd. If I install it (to internal memory!) while running kernel .29, then just switch the kernel, reboot, neocore not found in applications.

I also had previously installed file expert while on kernel .29. Using kernel .32, when selecting manage apps, move to sd card (native mechanism), it says failed. Trying exactly the same when booted with kernel .29, it works.

This problem is maybe masked in this thread's rom as long as dt a2sd is installed. Still I think it need to be investigated. Especially since we're moving towards possibly switching to data2ext or as I still would prefer, switching to nothing pre-installed and separate zip files for either data2ext or dt a2sd.

@pier11

Do you know whether I need to exchange some kernel specific libs?

I know that when switching between .29 and .32, I need to exchange ar6000.ko for wifi, and the sensors lib for screen rotation, and maybe libEGL.so for 3D. But all this shouldn't be related to apps2sd....

Could anyone who has removed dt a2sd from pier's rom please verify if they observe the same issue....

The other thing I wanted to mention is that on .29 + my old rom, wifi does not have reconnection issues. But when switching to kernel .32 (and replacing ar6000.ko to make wifi load at all), it does not reconnect after sleep timeout (about 15min screen off).

Is this issue also present in the rom from post #1? Replacing wpa_supplicant with the one of same origin as ar6000.ko (ascend froyo if I remember correctly...?) might help here. (edit: didn't work, tried myself)

Could we - if confirmed that issues also present in this rom here - list these known issues in the 1st post....?

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

hi,;ve done zoki proposition about getting more ram free; i have 90mo use/852 mo free.

so i think it is working...but i have no wifi any more.....

i've done this way 1/ deleted all files like said in system bin/xbin and init dt...

2/copied the new script in etc/inid file

3/flashed date2ext.zip

4/used su and rebooted

5/told me it has worked

6/i checked with file manager 92 mo used //85 mo free

have i done the good way? why can't i connect wifi?:) thank you everyone ....

Edited by desalesouche

yes i also confirm more wifi issues after removing dt apps2sd;

and also problems installing/upgrading certain apps like setmac address which exists in this rom (whether with dt apps2sd or not)

Edited by peelie

@dr.flo

installed freshly compiled CM. Without gapps and dt apps2sd.

yes, same issues with installing Neocore to sd card. (It can be overcome but unmounting sd card, to make it install into internal memory, but that is not the point).

no idea how new kernel influences native a2sd...

as for wifi - it is not from ascend but compiled from u8110 sources for .29 kernel. BUT ascend froyo ar6000.ko behaves exactly the same fashion (actually ascend doesn't have atheros hardware on board at all)

Edited by pier11

Hi, I'm using this rom for a while and everything seems fine, it freezed once when i disabled wi-fi but it's ok,

came here to ask, is overclock available yet?

yes

installed freshly compiled CM. Without gapps and dt apps2sd.

yes, same issues with installing Neocore to sd card. (It can be overcome but unmounting sd card, to make it install into internal memory, but that is not the point).

no idea how new kernel influences native a2sd...

Good to know it's consistent behaviour. Bad thing we have no clue...

The only hint I can give is this... from original TomG thread

Fixed asec/device-mapper issue. Froyo's builtin apps 2 sd now works.

Edited by dr.flo

If interested, here is nearly plain CM version of the rom, without DT Apps2SD. Synced yesterday with CM repo.

(Just added cam and openGL libs, set mac app & i18n keyboard app.)

I experiment with data2ext solution on this version. Works...

If interested, here is nearly plain CM version of the rom, without DT Apps2SD. Synced yesterday with CM repo.

how do you find speed of phone with data2ext? what class is your sdcard?

cheers

Guest desalesouche

hi pier, just testing your rom..working fine 106 mo used /836 mo free.can download and install except neocore(code error 101)...antutu benchmark force close..impossible to run...wifi still cut...but reconnect manually...any suggestion? thx for your patience and your work...:)

Edited by desalesouche

This might be helpful...

Good find.

From referenced tracker:

"Basically, with the hack method the /data/app folder is bind-mounted to a ext2/3 partition on the SD card. As far as the system is concerned all the apps are still in /data/app.With the Froyo method, a crytpo-loop container is mounted for each app that's stored on SD - the apps on the SD card are therefore encrypted and can't be casually pirated. The crypto-loop is why DM + crypto support are required in the kernel."

Which makes native a2sd support overcomplicated and user unfriendly :) That's why it won't work on our new kernel :)

I will look into configs.

hi pier, just testing your rom..working fine 106 mo used /836 mo free.can download and install except neocore(code error 101)...antutu benchmark force close..impossible to run...wifi still cut...but reconnect manually...any suggestion? thx for your patience and your work...:)

Neocore looks want to use native a2sd and it's not quite working on us yet, so fine. You can unmount SD card, and Neocore will install fine.

wifi works for me (as it can) - no problems. Turn it off/on... retype password...

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi it works ...i have installed mobo player and his codec for armv6 in sd mount way and amount way, but mobo player seem not to find codec and ask to dl them again..:blink: .so imposibility to use it...

any suggestion again?:)

Edited by desalesouche

how do you find speed of phone with data2ext? what class is your sdcard?

cheers

I'd rather say the speed is comparable.

I like data2ext solution for its dead simplicity. Just maps /data to ext partition. No configuration = no problems with users.

The phone simply thinks it got such a big internal storage.

While dt a2sd is a complex thing. It transfers only apps initially, can be asked to transfer dalvic cache, etc. The rest still remains in phone internals.

I use stock pulse card 2Gb - not labelled, but according to tests - read/write=10/6 Mb/sec looks like class 6

It did!! superb find!

I can install Neocore now - no questions asked :)

(If I understand correctly, this means apps2sd, an essential froyo (and froyo++) feature, now functional with kernel .32?)

Great! Yet another item in the .29 vs .32 kernel comparison, where the new kernel now has equal or better functionality... Very sweet!

Waiting for an update..... :)

btw. yesterday I ran some 2D benchmarks using 0xbenchmark - seems 2D performance isn't broken. CM7.x roms just take some more time to settle, especially after 1st boot. When switching roms too often, one sometimes never reaches the point where the rom has reached it's "steady state"...

The results (fps) from 0xbenchmark:

cm6-clean (kernel .29)

--------------------------------

canvas: 22.72

circle: 13.34

circle2: 27.61

rect: 19.95

arc: 25.16

image: 21.28

text: 14.61

eclair (completely stock, uk 2011)

-----------------------------------------------

canvas: 22.92

circle: 13.15

circle2: 28.04

rect: 18.88

arc: 24.30

image: 19.21

text: 13.94

cm7-32 (current as of 27.01., your version with OC kernel, OC off)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

canvas: 23.09

circle: 10.49

circle2: 29.04

rect: 21.73

arc: 25.75

image: 17.29

text: 14.14

RELEASED NEW VERSION.

see first post of this thread.

- Fully internationalized - try language of your choice.

- Rom requires bigger partition layout. For u8220 (Pulse) users: installation of TRE 2.1 or CHT8000 2.1 official roms is prerequisite. UK roms are no more enough.

- DT Apps2SD are provided separately now. Install via recovery after rom installation if needed.

- Fixed native A2SD (Neocore now installs fine to sd card).

Edited by pier11

hi pier with the internalised rom what and where are the language files or other file can we remove so people with UK partition won't have to install TRE rom?

cheers

Edited by peelie

hi pier with the internalised rom what and where are the language files or other file can we remove so people with UK partition won't have to install TRE rom?

cheers

it's not that easy to strip rom. It's rather difficult. Each apk holds internationalization inside. To make it more difficult all strings are combined together and kind of compressed.

but installing TRE is not a bad thing. It adds that needed extra 10mb to system partition compared to uk2010 rom.

with latest rom occasionally getting a green screen and then phone reboots;

also when trying to update set mac address app get error message - "package file was not signed correctly"; and if try to uninstall set mac address it won't let me

Edited by peelie