[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

sнit, the 2D graphics is broken.. and I dont even have the idea how to fix it

can't help by just stating :(

Did someone try different versions of lib mentioned by dr.flo?

The rom is nearly AS IS from CM repo, synced yesterday.

I saw green screen on rotation when I synced previously, but not this time.

Does Data2Ext (not DarkTremor) work in the new build?

Yes it does. Don't install dt apps2sd, but install data2ext attached to this thread somewhere above.

After boot type in terminal:

data2ext --enable

and reboot when asked.

Edited by pier11

Guest sun lbx

Well, as far as I understand, it's a port from a device not having the GPU.

Therefore, i assume, we have a kind of "software" 2D rendering.

I'll try playing around with different libs, but later. I'm releasing my first hip hop album this tuesday, so I'm busy as fuсk. :(

Well, as far as I understand, it's a port from a device not having the GPU.

Kernel is. But graphics hardware acceleration (hw_3d) is taken from our own older kernel - 2.6.29

Android itself - CM - does not have any links to devices without GPU as I know.

Guest mustafa_ale

- still cant reboot to recovery using power button

- video cant working properly (using cm7.2 kernel .29 dr.flo, with the same file video can working well)

- data2ext got 613 on quadrant better then dt app2sdl (Total space 501 MB/, Free space 441) but launcher keep redrawing when back to home.

Guest desalesouche

hi to all :) ...with 28 january rom+darktremor+gapps :i had 3 automatic reboot before phone could launch normally(parameters application from android .com processus making force close after parametring date and time/ this occured 3 times )

.still have wifi connection problem(security open)wifi bugging on activation or desactivation....i have to reboot.

quadrant standart score with cpu at 729/compache 18/vm 20 :429

with new rom+data2ext+gapps /cpu729/compcache18 quadrant standart score is 652...

and can not use mobo player...i dl mobo +codec armv6 but once this done mobo player doesn't open automatically.when i open it myself keep asking to dl mobo codec..so...:blink: any suggestion?

cannot play angry bird...it is opening first page and load then force close...don²t wanna play, just understand...:D

whish a good day to everyone

Edited by desalesouche

Pier, minor bug in build.prop. The following line is supposed to be one, not two:

rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0
I don't know what it does, but it is a common error because of the space that is supposed to be there. Also while you are in there, you can delete the extra dateformat line:
ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy

ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy

Edited by twrock

regarding HW graphics

may be to try same from official froyo releases for msm7200a? Like htc sapphire (magic) and LG gw620.

or from gingerbread for msm7227 (in has gpu contrary to msm7225). Like ideos x3 - u8510, u8650

Can't try myself right now, but this CM 7.2 system image for LG gw620 (openeve) has a different libGLES_qcom.so; we might want to try that on our roms. It should be matched to our hardware since it is msm7200a. Also I think they run on a kernel .32 with sources available; Might be useful to look at how they integrate hw_3d driver? Their version of kernel driver and their version of libGLES / libEGL should be a good combination; and one that's compatible with our HW.

libskia itself is built from source, so I don't suspect issues to be inside there - it would break graphics for many other devices as well.

@sun lbx

do you know of any (simple) app that can be used to determine 2d performance. You mentioned some game? anything else?

Edited by dr.flo

Guest riartem

Dear, pier11.

Thank you very much for new internationalized release.

But wifi in this release didn't work correctly. It connecting to my hotspot, but data transfer not work.

In previous release all work correctly.

Sorry for bad english.

Guest desalesouche

hi again with new rom+data2ext+gapps /cpu729/compcache18 quadrant standart score is 652...

can not use mobo player...i dl mobo +codec armv6 but once this done mobo player doesn't open automatically.when i open it myself keep asking to dl mobo codec..so...:blink: any suggestion? still have wifi problem but i can handle

cannot play angry bird...it is opening first page and load then force close...don²t wanna play, just understand...:D

whish a good day to everyone

A few more things to mention/ask.

Without DT Apps2SD, what is the easiest way to start swap?

I'm noticing the the Launcher is being redrawn often when I return to it. This is even with CM Settings>Performance Settings>Lock home in memory enabled. Related to swap?

Looks like apps/processes are being killed and restarted in strange ways I've not noticed in other roms. An example is that once Terminal is running, it periodically gets killed (is gone from the notfication area), but then pops right back on with the message it is running again. (Maybe this is related to someone's comment once that 2.1 killed things but never restarted anything, and 2.2 kept starting everything, even when you didn't want it to.)

I can verify that Wifi is somehow dropped when the screen turns off, and doesn't reconnect correctly. The icon stays there, but no data gets through. A manual restart is necessary.

It looks like Superuser could use an update in the next version of the rom.

Finally, I'm happy to report that after deleting a few "unnecessary" things out of the rom/gapps, HanvonCalla Chinese Handwriting IME fits and works! (Actually, even with adding HC IME, the somewhat stripped down rom comes in at 96.77mb.) ;)

@sun lbx

do you know of any (simple) app that can be used to determine 2d performance. You mentioned some game? anything else?

I've just read that HW accelerated rendering of the UI was first added in Android 3.0. This means this feature cannot be broken in gingberbread, because it simply doesn't exist.

So there is no overall "2d performance", at least regarding the UI. But of course, certain games / apps may be using OpenGL ES for rendering 2d graphics. But I would expect them to function as long as neocore is functional.

0xbenchmark 2d results don't change when totally deleting libGLES_qcom from the rom, which definitely proves it is not used for anything that is rendered by said benchmark.

And still cant reboot to recovery using power button

I don't know which parts of rom are responsible for correct boot into recovery.

ideas anyone? Search internet, ask your fellow guru

if replace old 2.6.29 kernel, will it start booting into recovery properly? To figure if the issue is in kernel or in rom config.

which last rom did it correctly? Cm7.1? Cm6.1?

Edited by pier11

if replace old 2.6.29 kernel, will it start booting into recovery properly? To figure if the issue is in kernel or in rom config.

I did not test with the latest rom, but in previous combinations, exchanging .29 / .32 makes boot into recovery work or broken. The (minor!) issue is in the kernel.

Workaround is to hold down red+menu while rebooting. This works not only when powering up, but also when rebooting. Just press those two before touching OK on screen, then hold them as usually... (don't know how long exactly is needed).

when doing "adb reboot recovery" the behavior is the same (i.e. fails to do so on .32).

Edited by dr.flo

I did not test with the latest rom, but in previous combinations, exchanging .29 / .32 makes boot into recovery work or broken. The (minor!) issue is in the kernel.

Workaround is to hold down red+menu while rebooting. This works not only when powering up, but also when rebooting. Just press those two before touching OK on screen, then hold them as usually... (don't know how long exactly is needed).

when doing "adb reboot recovery" the behavior is the same (i.e. fails to do so on .32).

this is nice observation.

which subsystem in kernel do you think might helping to proper boot into recovery?..

I don't know which parts of rom are responsible for correct boot into recovery.

ideas anyone? Search internet, ask your fellow guru

which last rom did it correctly? Cm7.1? Cm6.1?

Definitely works in CM6.1. Have not tested 7.1.

Analyzed partition layout on u8230, and figured it has 512 MB ROM (vs. 256 on u8220/Pulse),

system partition size: 170 MB.

So Pulse owners, don't complain when asked to install TRE rom to get at least 110 MB system partition.

0x000002600000-0x000002b00000 : "boot"		5 Mb

0x000002b00000-0x000003000000 : "recovery"	5

0x000003000000-0x000003140000 : "misc"		1.25

0x000003140000-0x0000031a0000 : "splash"   	0.375

0x0000031a0000-0x00000dba0000 : "system"    	170

0x00000dba0000-0x0000121a0000 : "cache"		70

0x0000121a0000-0x00001ec00000 : "userdata"	202.375

0x00001ec00000-0x000020000000 : "userdata2"	20