[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Installed TRE ROM, than installed CWM recovery 3.1.0.1, installed Your ROM - rebooted, entered recovery and installed dtapps2sd, rebooted.

Than I settled dtapps2sd to install on SD, dalvik on SD, swap on with swappines 30. Then went to recovery one more time to install gapps.

Rebooted - backed up my apps with titanium backup, AND ALL works like a charm biggrin.gifcool.giflaugh.gif (My phone is 8220 - T-mobile Pulse)

This ROM is now for everyday use!

Hi, is the TRE ROM able to be flashable over any other ROM? I'm using Cyanogen Mod 6, and ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4.

I wiped the necessary data/cache stuff, but when I go to install zip from sdcard, and choose the TRE2.1 zip, it says:

Installing: SDCARD: TRE2.1_dload.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/TRE2.1_dload.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Any advice to get this working?

P.s. May it have something to do with the partitions menu? I formated the system menu before trying this. The list reads:

mount /system

mount /data

unmount /cache

unmount /sdcard

mount /sd-ext

I already tried mounting sd-ext but it says E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting SDEXT :!

Hi, is the TRE ROM able to be flashable over any other ROM? I'm using Cyanogen Mod 6, and ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4.

I wiped the necessary data/cache stuff, but when I go to install zip from sdcard, and choose the TRE2.1 zip, it says:

(bad)

Installation aborted.

P.s. May it have something to do with the partitions menu? I formated the system menu before trying this. The list reads:

mount /system

mount /data

unmount /cache

unmount /sdcard

mount /sd-ext

(File exists)

This is an official update, you need to install it as described here.

You will lost the root and the clockworkmod recovery.

After the update:

1. boot the new rom, and install z4root; run z4root and make root permanent (reboot needed)

2. install CW RomManager (I think you will need to find an old version such as 4.0.8.5; if you don't have it, you can get it out of the FTB rom I modified; you will find it in the /data/app folder after you unzip the rom file)

3. Use RomManager to install CW Recovery

4. Once you have CW Recovery, you can then install custom roms

you are doing it wrong.

It's not a custom rom, it's official rom and should be installed as such.

create dload folder at root of your sd card, unarchive zip content there.

Then reboot phone holding VolumeUP+Red+Power.

read this five times:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1318835

Edited by pier11

Guest mustafa_ale

(bad)

Installation aborted.

mount /system

mount /data

unmount /cache

unmount /sdcard

mount /sd-ext

(File exists)

Tre-21.zip is official/ Stock ROM not Custom ROM.

1. unzip TRE2.1_dload.zip then u will got folder dload

2. copy dload floder to root sdcard

3. Power off ur pulse

4. Press and Hold ( Menu Button + Red Button + Volume UP) then press power button

5. Install Recovery

6. Install This ROM via Recovery

Edited by mustafa_ale

Thank you rhen, pier11 and mustafa_ale for your instructions and advice!

I've managed to get z4root 1.3.0, but couldn't find CW Rom Manager 4.0.8.5 as suggested, although I've managed to get version 4.0.8.3.

I'll try rooting now and installing Rom Manager, then installing this ROM.

I'll update when done :)

Guest rulerofkaos

@ Pier11:

Is it possible to release a fully internationalized version of the rom and one only with the main languages? Because i do not need all locales but the space on /system.

@ Pier11:

Is it possible to release a fully internationalized version of the rom and one only with the main languages? Because i do not need all locales but the space on /system.

nope :)

I don't have such capacity to compile different rom versions each time, sorry.

Guest desalesouche

For curious minds:

One can install data2ext_for_CM.zip solution instead of DT Apps2SD.

pier... will you still developp/work on data2ext for cm?

on quadrant benchmark cm + dt2ext was 100 points more than on cm+dt apps2sd.....

but they were problem to dl and install application...so i move back to apps 2sd....

Guest gold-concert
Jan 30: Updated rom:- Compcache is functional now. ("Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Compcache RAM Usage")

@pier11

Can I just upgrade (without loss of data and programs)?

Thank you all who helped :) I got this ROM running fine, everything seems to be working alright. I'll try experimenting with the performance tweaks to make it run smoother :)

@pier11

Can I just upgrade (without loss of data and programs)?

I'd guess - yes. Don't wipe if you had rom of the same base - cm7.2_u8220_20120128. If earlier - no guarantees at all.

but actually you may skip this update, as you will have compcache enabled 18% by default, which can rather deteriorate performance if not turned off :) At least for u8220.

but actually you may skip this update, as you will have compcache enabled 18% by default, which can rather deteriorate performance if not turned off :) At least for u8220.

You're building from source now, aren't you?

In device_u8220.mk, there is the line 'ro.compcache.default=18'; You might want to set it to zero next time you re-build the rom. Then compcache should be off by default, but it is still functional.

You're building from source now, aren't you?

In device_u8220.mk, there is the line 'ro.compcache.default=18'; You might want to set it to zero next time you re-build the rom. Then compcache should be off by default, but it is still functional.

Yes, I build from source.

Valuable point. Will change that.

Shall we also set up your 2d graphics performance optimization flag? Or is it too dangerous default for everyone?...

Shall we also set up your 2d graphics performance optimization flag? Or is it too dangerous default for everyone?...

I would add it. As far as I know, we haven't had reports about this causing troubles.

Also, perhaps you did that already, you can enable BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA (and disable camera stub) in BoardConfig.mk. Then you get a good libcameraservice from source and do not need to drop in mine.

Guest desalesouche

fresh install of rom 20120128+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 417

fresh install of rom 20120130+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 449 :)

cpu @ 729

Edited by desalesouche

I would add it. As far as I know, we haven't had reports about this causing troubles.

Also, perhaps you did that already, you can enable BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA (and disable camera stub) in BoardConfig.mk. Then you get a good libcameraservice from source and do not need to drop in mine.

not yet, so far I stupidly copy libcameraservice.so from your 7.2 build, but planning to do everything via proper u8220 device folder set up. And also to copy your 2 camera libs in script. Also think to update my git repo with that.

What else should be changed to accommodate the 2 cam libs when building from source?

Edited by pier11

fresh install of rom 20120128+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 417

fresh install of rom 20120130+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 449 :)

cpu @ 729

it looks like some compcache makes positive difference on u8230 devices?...

What else should be changed to accommodate the 2 cam libs when building from source?

Two things - in the config:

USE_CAMERA_STUB := false

BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA := true

(camera stub might get overwritten by -include vendor/huawei/u8220/BoardConfigVendor.mk - take care not to inherit camera stub again...)

Then - in extract_files.sh just add a line for camera.so; as far as I remember, libcamera.so is already copied by default. If not, also add it.

Someone trying to run that script would have to have a "camera working" rom on his device in order to extract the files.

Edited by dr.flo

Then - in extract_files.sh just add a line for camera.so; as far as I remember, libcamera.so is already copied by default. If not, also add it.

Someone trying to run that script would have to have a "camera working" rom on his device in order to extract the files.

and it's here where things are getting messier.

CM builds are supposed to extract libs from official roms. But we are long forgotten my manufacturer to keep extracting something useful out of it, especially in the future...

and it's here where things are getting messier.

CM builds are supposed to extract libs from official roms. But we are long forgotten my manufacturer to keep extracting something useful out of it, especially in the future...

Yes, but this is broken already. I remember I had to extract files from CM71 rc, not from stock eclair, because at least one file was missing.

You could also add camera.so and libcamera.so to the repo and simply copy it instead of extracting from phone.

for libcamera.so so, this might have licensing problems. Also, I think your kernel needs sensors lib from u8150 froyo - how to integrate that...?

Simplest solution would be to say: you need CM7.2 >= 27.01.2012 on the phone to extract needed files. I think even the official instructions state "a working copy of cyanogenmod", not stock rom.

Edited by dr.flo