[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

@ dr.flo

looks I'm missing smth in integration:

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/u8220/obj/lib/libcamera.so', needed by `out/target/product/u8220/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/LINKED/libcameraservice.so'. Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I put just libcamera.so to

vendor/huawei/u8220/proprietary

and

out/target/product/u8220/system/lib

Edited by pier11

you will need this in extract-files

vendor/huawei/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:system/lib/libcamera.so \\

vendor/huawei/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:obj/lib/libcamera.so \\

libcamera is copied twice. 1x for the final rom, 1x for linking libcameraservice against it during build.

you can also copy it to out/target/product/u8220/system/obj manually for now...

Edited by dr.flo

Guest desalesouche

when i watch an avi movie i sometimes have freeze of video but audio still go on; after freeze; video go fast to adjust with sound...

sometimes video freeze to black screen and i have to reboot videoplayer and lauch movie again

third reboot of the phone without asking it.:blink: ...but no green screen as i had with rom 20120128

Edited by desalesouche

@ dr.flo:

and what the below misses?

prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/u8220/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcameraservice_intermediates/CameraService.o: in function android::CameraService::getCameraInfo(int, android::CameraInfo*):frameworks/base/services/camera/libcameraservice/CameraService.cpp:185: error: undefined reference to 'HAL_getCameraInfo'

You're building from source now, aren't you?

In device_u8220.mk, there is the line 'ro.compcache.default=18'; You might want to set it to zero next time you re-build the rom. Then compcache should be off by default, but it is still functional.

Alternately,.....

Three lines in build.prop:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m

ro.compcache.default=0

These work in CM6.1 just fine. The first line, dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast, would turn off JIT.

Edited by twrock

NEWS:

Jan 31: Reboot into recovery fixed. You may install boot image only.

fixed reboot into recovery from everywhere:

- # reboot recovery

- $ adb reboot recovery

- Power->Reboot->Recovery

- RomManager

Edited by pier11

.../CameraService.cpp:185: error: undefined reference to 'HAL_getCameraInfo'

misses BOARD_USE_FROYO_LIBCAMERA. The HAL_ functions are what differs between froyo and gingerbread. In gingerbread, these are part of libcamera. For froyo, these don't exist. So libcameraservice provides them if compiled with said flag.

I'm sure you already added it, but it's a recompile issue. Make clean would fix it (but you know how long it takes). Alternatively, you can try compiling only libcameraservice using mmm

Alternately,.....

Three lines in build.prop:

Build.prop is generated by scripts. It does not exist for editing before the rom is built. Said lines have to go into the .mk file

NEWS:

great!

Edited by dr.flo

Build.prop is generated by scripts. It does not exist for editing before the rom is built. Said lines have to go into the .mk file

Ah, I understand. Yep, I am not a programmer. :D

Guest Freon35

NEWS:

- # reboot recovery

- $ adb reboot recovery

- RomManager

With recovery-clockwork-3.1.0.1-u8220 boot image says that script is too old, and can't be installed.

It say's update you'r binary, and script-er.

Guest wikty114

Hi all!

It's a good rom!!:D

But I don't need to write if i have got no problem. So my market is not working. sync is OK but "No connection server".

Sry 4 my English.:)

Could anyone help?

Guest desalesouche

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PMfresh install of rom 20120128+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 417

fresh install of rom 20120130+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 449 :)

cpu @ 729

today fresh install of rom 20120130+data2ext unactived tested with quadrant......score 432

today fresh install of rom 20120130+data2ext enabled tested with quadrant........score 514 :D

today fresh install of rom 20120130+data2ext enabled +transparancy on tested with quadrant...score 686 B) wouahhhh

Edited by desalesouche

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 PMfresh install of rom 20120128+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 417

fresh install of rom 20120130+dtapps2sd tested with quadrant........score 449 :)

cpu @ 729

today fresh install of rom 20120130+data2ext unactived tested with quadrant......score 432

today fresh install of rom 20120130+data2ext enabled tested with quadrant........score 514 :D

Can you do a benchmark with Link2SD too?

edit: What do you mean on +transparacy?

Edited by rhen

Guest desalesouche

cpu 691MHz

20120130+data2ext enabled tested with quadrant........score 613

hi; did you change any setting except cpu? what is your sdcard class?

i just tried with cpu at 691...score 649

Edited by desalesouche

Guest lloco73

NEWS:

- # reboot recovery

- $ adb reboot recovery

- RomManager

Thanks. It's working.

hi; did you change any setting except cpu? what is your sdcard class?

i just tried with cpu at 691...score 649

sdcard class 6.

no change setting except cpu

@dr.flo

I see there is two versions of wpa_supplicant in CM tree. Version 5 and 6. As I guess we are building v5, while gingerbread and even froyo should interface with v6. Could it be a solution for our wifi issues in cm7? Or is it working completely correct with .29 kernel on existing set up? In latter case it should be something with new kernel...

Guest desalesouche

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:53 PMsnapback.pngMattJ73, on 12 March 2011 - 05:30 AM, said:

I am playing around with swapping to a file on my fat partition for now, I may re-format my card. I borrowed some code prime posted to set my partition up and just made it a script in /system/etc/init.d

sleep 60

busybox dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=128K count=480

mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

echo 50 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

This gives me a 120mb swap file with swappiness set to 50. I tried swapper 2 but it didn't seem to work so well.

Would you mind posting the script?

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:49 AM

Just cut and paste that into a text file in /system/etc/init.d. I named mine 07mntswap

coming from here... http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/17798-am-i-the-only-person-using-a-swap-partition-and-swapper2-with-cm7-rc2/

does this could be usefull to activate/set swap?