[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest pacavaca

pacavaca, on 03 February 2012 - 10:08 AM, said: What about support droidwall in this kernel?

Doesn't support.

Why? What if the kernel 2.6.32 is better? For me, the android is a functional rather than bubbles on the screen. Please include, tun.ko into the kernel, openvpn in our times is very important.

eneabled wifi and usb tethering in settings but it crashes....

have not looked into wifi tethering yet, but briefly did into usb tethering.

This what u81x0 people did to enable usb tethering. Not just a config switch...

http://forum.xda-dev...50&postcount=38

https://github.com/p...7b9796eaf05f318

see comment there.

Enabling the following in kernel might help to at least to usb tethering:

CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_CDC_ECM=y

CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_RNDIS=y

I had an impression that u81x0 solution is not seamlessly worked for them. Some reported crashes... Some other people used alternative approaches. So I didn't just jump into it.

Edited by pier11

I'd like to intall TRE rom but it says "Update Failed" right after the "preparing update". So far I had the Hungarian 2.1 and after it the custom roms. Could it be the problem? What can I do now?

I'd like to intall TRE rom but it says "Update Failed" right after the "preparing update". So far I had the Hungarian 2.1 and after it the custom roms. Could it be the problem? What can I do now?

You don't have to update to TRE then. With HU u have the same size of the system partition (I don't know why they didn't mention that).

Standard MP4 hardware video playback crashed (CM6.1 was OK). Plays only sound for 2s and then shows pop-up window "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played". Software decoder is ok, but slow.

Tried on 2 phones (20120128 and 20120130 f/w). Does anyone have the same problem?

Standard MP4 hardware video playback crashed (CM6.1 was OK). Plays only sound for 2s and then shows pop-up window "Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played". Software decoder is ok, but slow.

Tried on 2 phones (20120128 and 20120130 f/w). Does anyone have the same problem?

How do you switch between hardware and software playback? Which application do you use to play videos?

Any publicly available sample of MP4 to test on?

I briefly checked the video update package above and found the codecs in there are from cm6.1. They were missed for some reason in cm7 build process...

Try codecs from real froyo rom like u8150 and see if it makes any difference for you... (you can check other thread "Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel" for the closest match to this rom).

Or from HTC Magic's froyo rom, or from LG KH5200 froyo rom - which are the same chipset as us devices.

Edited by pier11

Guest Dante2070

I noticed a very strange problem. When writing, or answering sms, the keyboard keeps disappearing. Since I don't use sms much, this might have been a problem since the installation. I have tried different keyboards (stock and smart keyboard pro) and message apps (stock, handcent sms and go sms). The problem is persistent and only appears in the messaging app.

The only way to solve it for me is to either reboot or change several times (4-5) the input method.

Guest desalesouche

How do you switch between hardware and software playback? Which application do you use to play videos?

Any publicly available sample of MP4 to test on?

I briefly checked the video update package above and found the codecs in there are from cm6.1. They were missed for some reason in cm7 build process...

Try codecs from real froyo rom like u8150 and see if it makes any difference for you... (you can check other thread "Stock FROYO + 2.6.32 kernel" for the closest match to this rom).

Or from HTC Magic's froyo rom, or from LG KH5200 froyo rom - which are the same chipset as us devices.

i have the same problem ...i am using mobo player...

do these file are the codecs in system/lib that we supposed to change? libOmxCore.so / libOmxH264Dec.so / libOmxMpeg4Dec.so / libOmxVidEnc.so / libOmxWmvDec.so

can you list the codecs we²re suppose to change?

thanks a lot.

Edited by desalesouche

i have the same problem ...i am using mobo player...

do these file are the codecs in system/lib that we supposed to change? libOmxCore.so / libOmxH264Dec.so / libOmxMpeg4Dec.so / libOmxVidEnc.so / libOmxWmvDec.so

can you list the codecs we²re suppose to change?

thanks a lot.

yes, libomx* I'm guessing.

Guest desalesouche

yes, libomx* I'm guessing.

ok it works...i replace all the libomx* from cm7.2 by liboxm* from rom_u8150-FR.02...and it is working fine...with original player...audio and video are running in the same time...:) thx a lot

ok it works...i replace all the libomx* from cm7.2 by liboxm* from rom_u8150-FR.02...and it is working fine...with original player...audio and video are running in the same time...:) thx a lot

good to know for me too,

thanks for your help.

Guest desalesouche

good to know for me too,

thanks for your help.

it is a pleasure...think i find another bug...when i open file manager ; i choose a movie to play with original player...it runs...but if i pause the moovie... when i reopen file manager ; can²t go to files...movie is running instead.. so i have to forward it until the end ..and then when moovie is finish can go to files in file manager.hope you understand me ; my english is not so fluent that i ²d like...:rolleyes:

Edited by desalesouche

it is a pleasure...think i find another bug...when i open file manager ; i choose a movie to play with original player...it runs...but if i pause the moovie... when i reopen file manager ; can²t go to files...movie is running instead.. so i have to forward it until the end ..and then when moovie is finish can go to files in file manager.hope you understand me ; my english is not so fluent that i ²d like...:rolleyes:

exactly the same happens on cm6-clean with kernel .29.... this seems to be badly designed functionality in the default media player. Not sure we can call it a bug...

Edited by dr.flo

Guest ahmed gad

Kernel fix for boot into recovery (install if you miss this functionality; otherwise wait for the next rom release):

recovery 2.5.0.x is needed to install this update (this particular package does not work well with newer recovery versions.)

boot-img-reboot-recovery_20120131.zip (kernel: aa9be9811610cfd1257fe3088c1a4ed7ea13fed2

Thanks desalesouche for your reply and sorry for late reply.

how can I install recovery 2.5.0.X over 3.1.0.1 as when I installed the boot image i faced error "Amend scripting is no longer supported"

Thanks again

Guest desalesouche

Also here is Camera.apk cm source, I believe. With regard to investigation whether it have front camera support or not...

dear...2 days after you post this(26th of january); i notice they edit 2 java fix on 28th of january may be this can help for better camera....for this rom...here is the link

https://github.com/C.../android/camera

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

Thanks desalesouche for your reply and sorry for late reply.

how can I install recovery 2.5.0.X over 3.1.0.1 as when I installed the boot image i faced error "Amend scripting is no longer supported"

Thanks again

i think that thanks to rom manager you can flash old version of recovery...hope it would work for you :)

Guest ahmed gad

i think that thanks to rom manager you can flash old version of recovery...hope it would work for you :)

could you please elaborate more , how can I user rom manager to downgrade the recovery mode?

Also do u know when the new ROM will be released?

Guest desalesouche

could you please elaborate more , how can I user rom manager to downgrade the recovery mode?

Also do u know when the new ROM will be released?

1/ rom manager has to be installed on phone

2/you connect wifi

3/you open rom manager

4/you go on /all clockworkmod recoveries/

5/tap on it (it will flash the recovery)but choose huawei pulse

once it is done...

6/tap on /all clockworkmod recoveries

7/choose the one you want

and it should be ok..

Edited by desalesouche

Guest huawei8220

BIG CHANGES:

1. Rom now is fully internationalized.

For U8220 (Pulse) users: Because of that rom uses more space. It is 106MB in system size. it REQUIRES bigger partition layout. Only TRE 2.1 and CHT8000 2.1 official roms

Hi, I've been a long time absent - because I did not use my pulse anymore.

Nevermind I will give it (again) a try....

Could you please be so kind and send me a download Link for the TRE 2.1 and CHT8000 2.1 official roms?!

THX

Frank

Guest desalesouche

Hi, I've been a long time absent - because I did not use my pulse anymore.

Nevermind I will give it (again) a try....

Could you please be so kind and send me a download Link for the TRE 2.1 and CHT8000 2.1 official roms?!

THX

Frank

Edit: I already had the official Tre update uploaded to Mediafire. Here you go: http://www.mediafire...iddw2bpbiydkrso

And here is the CHT8000 update: http://www.mediafire...aczg6255676jku7

Guest ahmed gad

1/ rom manager has to be installed on phone

2/you connect wifi

3/you open rom manager

4/you go on /all clockworkmod recoveries/

5/tap on it (it will flash the recovery)but choose huawei pulse

once it is done...

6/tap on /all clockworkmod recoveries

7/choose the one you want

and it should be ok..

it popup the following message "No legacy recoveries found"