[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

Guest lloco73

could that be an issue that my phone is U8230 and not U8220?

If so, what should I do for U8230?

Thanks

I also have a 8230 and had no problems.If you want to flash the rom from my phone here it is. (from Portuguese operator TMN).

Just download, extract it and copy dload folder to sdcard. It's best to format sdcard first.

To enter Software Update

1.Turn off the phone

2 Turn on the phone while holding the End Call (Red) and Volume Up buttons down.

Hope this can help you

Edited by lloco73

Hi, NPeete!

I use my pulse in english language and I never get green screen after disabled animations, so the bug is only in hun locale? huh.gif

Ok, the green screen bug is not present on English locale, so I just use it like this. (When I changed to Hungarian from English, first it was good, then after a reboot it went wrong. After then I changed back to English, it hasn't fixed until a reboot, since then it's fine.)

The whole phone is also faster since I have reflashed it :)

Guest stifflersmom

I also have a 8230 and had no problems.If you want to flash the rom from my phone here it is. (from Portuguese operator TMN).

Just download, extract it and copy dload folder to sdcard. It's best to format sdcard first.

To enter Software Update

1.Turn off the phone

2 Turn on the phone while holding the End Call (Red) and Volume Up buttons down.

Hope this can help you

Hi lloco, it worked, great!!!!!!! thanks, I guess "format SD" was the missing step! Thanks a lot!:lol:

Guest desalesouche

dears,

did you face problem with playing videos from the gallery as i recive the following error "Sorry this video cannot be played."?

what kind of video do you want to play? avi? divx? i can see mp4 with rom player....and for other format i use mobo player ...

"The Feb 8, 2012 build looks good! I can confirm ... there are no more rotation problems with green screens. Yay! :-)"

http://forum.xda-dev...6&postcount=203

Looks like time came to re-sync with CM

ah, it's rather because rotation was turned off in config..

"The January 30 nightly had the green screen problem due to the Ice Cream Sandwich rotation animations. I've disabled it in the Feb 8th version until I have time to find a fix." --aorth

Edited by pier11

Guest ahmed gad

what kind of video do you want to play? avi? divx? i can see mp4 with rom player....and for other format i use mobo player ...

yes mp4 working fine using rom player the problem with the other formats , i am also using mobo player but what i need to link it with the Calgary.

one should take the time and effort to sync repos once again and do a fresh build.

But this time not with development branch gingerbread; branch gingerbread-release should be used instead. Should give us a build as close to cm7.1 official release as possible. I'm pretty sure it won't have green screen issues.

Anyone willing to do that. It is quite simple to do, it will just keep you busy for a day or so....

follow the instructions in cyanogenmod wiki here

just replace "htc" with "huawei" and "buzz" with "u8220" and you're done... And use "gingerbread-release" as branch name.

I can confirm ubuntu 10.04 x86 as a working build environment.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest jgilalonso

Hi,

I see at nightly CyanogenMod Repositories a new update.

http://get.cm/?device=u8220

I don't know which version is, but I supose it will be a cm7.2 (without .32 kernel)

Perhaps is good to review this update to solve bugs.

Or send them your kernel (or this version) to merge in their repositories.

Regards

I see at nightly CyanogenMod Repositories a new update.

http://get.cm/?device=u8220

Interesting, wondering who triggered that.

The pulses device tree is unchanged, which means it still has everything as before. From the file size I would guess this is a build that misses proprietary libs just like the official RC1. I expect RIL etc not being working there.

Most likely it could be repaired by simply adding the missing binaries into the rom.

Guest Infidelus

Apologies for the (probably) extremely stupid question.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to get this rom installed, but I can't seem to past installing Rom Manager.

I've installed the TRE 2.1 rom, and it's all working as far as that goes. The Android market won't let me install Rom Manager. The current version apparently isn't compatible with the Pulse. I've tried going into recovery and installing a 2x and 3x version that I still had loafing around, but it says it's not signed so won't install it from there either.

Searching this forum and Google also hasn't helped much, but maybe that has something to do with my lack of Linux commandline knowledge ... or maybe not.

Any useful pointers greatfully received.

Guest hellb0y

Hi, is there newer version of the rom than cm7.2_u8220_20120130.zip (kernel: 383aea246751e9999313166511944e42e98fe2b7)

I, want to flash my phone with this one, but if there is newer version of the rom can you tell me were can i find it.

Or if you release new version soon, maybe i should wait for it to come out.

Thanks.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to get this rom installed, but I can't seem to past installing Rom Manager.

You need to find a version of rom manager that works with android 2.1 somewhere on the net. This one I think is good. Then copy the .apk to your sd card. Within phone, use file explorer / file manager / whatever and navigate to that apk and install it.

Edited by dr.flo

Hi, is there newer version of the rom than cm7.2_u8220_20120130.zip (kernel: 383aea246751e9999313166511944e42e98fe2b7)

I, want to flash my phone with this one, but if there is newer version of the rom can you tell me were can i find it.

Or if you release new version soon, maybe i should wait for it to come out.

Thanks.

there is no version newer than that in the moment.

Will it be newer - likely. No time frames.

Guest Infidelus

You need to find a version of rom manager that works with android 2.1 somewhere on the net. This one I think is good. Then copy the .apk to your sd card. Within phone, use file explorer / file manager / whatever and navigate to that apk and install it.

*sigh* Well that was easy. Not sure why I was having so much trouble yesterday finding and installing rom manager. I'll keep that one handy for next time. Thanks for the pointer ;)

Well, I finally got the idea :)

In this CM7 build we have background-blur effect when popup/dialog windows or menus show up.

That effect is very CPU- and GPU-demanding.

VERY

The perfomance of the ROM is always outstanding BUT for the cases of that fuсking bluring.

The idea is to find somewhere in the sources/configs some kind of switch that forces background-dimming effect and disables the background-blur (just like in our CM6)

I hope that would be not very difficult to find & tune.

I think I've found the setting that was set opposite way in cm7 vs cm6:

<!-- Flag indicating whether the surface flinger is inefficient

at performing a blur. Used by parts of the UI to turn off

the blur effect where it isn't worth the performance hit. -->

<bool name="config_sf_slowBlur">false</bool>

Guest twrock

*sigh* Well that was easy. Not sure why I was having so much trouble yesterday finding and installing rom manager. I'll keep that one handy for next time. Thanks for the pointer ;)

Yes, I will confirm that with a 2.1 rom installed, you will not find rom manager in the Market. In the FTB rom I've been maintaining, I pre-install RomManager 4.8.0.5 as the most recent version that works with 2.1.

(Personally, if you are running 2.1, there is no reason I can see of needing to update RomManager to a newer version. It is working just fine.)

Guest pier11

New release available on the first page

cm7.2_u8220_20120301.zip:

- Fixed wifi reconnection issue. New wifi driver.

- HQ video smooth playback.

- Camera button can take pictures.

- Reboots into recovery.

- Blur effect configured as in cm6 now.

- Turned off ics-style rotation animation that caused green screens for some.

- Some performance tune ups.

Edited by pier11

Guest desalesouche

hi.each time i install cm7.2_u8220_20120301.zip and previous versions of it...i am asked to enter my pincode to unlock phone 3 times minimum....so am i the only one who's having that ?...i think there might be something wrong?

hi.each time i install cm7.2_u8220_20120301.zip and previous versions of it...i am asked to enter my pincode to unlock phone 3 times minimum....so am i the only one who's having that ?...i think there might be something wrong?

It is doing this for me every time I install any of the version of this ROM. But after I configure a2sd/data2ext then reboot, the ROM works fine. I don't know why.

Edited by rhen

Guest Kareem Vampire

I have a problem with auto-rotation with this rom it stops untill I disable auto-rotation from settings and re-enable it again I had this problem with the older roms of 7.2 and the newest one (1st March) didn't solve it... Thanks