[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2 | Kernel 2.6.32 | Camera works

Guest pier11

I have a problem with auto-rotation with this rom it stops untill I disable auto-rotation from settings and re-enable it again I had this problem with the older roms of 7.2 and the newest one (1st March) didn't solve it... Thanks

If you are using laucher pro, see if you have the rotation enable for the laucher (preferences - behavior settings), i think if it's enable you will not have this bug. For me this problem is old, i think i had this problem with all CM7.

At the moment is use both auto rotation (in settings and in laucher) disable, when i eventually need, i just enable by the shortcut in the power control.

Pier 11,

Thanks a lot for this new version of this rom!!! Thats great!!!

Now this will be my daily rom, i was waiting for the solution to the wifi problem.

Guest dr.flo

hi.each time i install cm7.2_u8220_20120301.zip and previous versions of it...i am asked to enter my pincode to unlock phone 3 times minimum....so am i the only one who's having that ?...i think there might be something wrong?

I had this too. But only on first boot. My guess is that there is still so much background work going on that ril related services get killed due to lack of memory. You could try leaving the phone alone and not entering pin for maybe 2-3 minutes after the pin dialog first pops up.

Guest dr.flo

will it be safe to flash this new version just over the older build without wiping?

format system should be enough, you could try to leave data untouched

(untested of course, just a guess)

Edited by dr.flo

format system should be enough, you could try to leave data untouched

(untested of course, just a guess)

confirmed working - at least for me - usually doing this when testing different eg CM6 versions

Guest Hadidy

Hi.Thanks for this (till now) perfect edition

and as Pier 11 said it is a collective work and he himself is the master

I tried 20120130 and it was good but really not compared to this new one

WiFi is good ,with cpu at 710 the phone(u8230) is flying ,Google app downloaded perfectly and still testing.

I had red every post here till now and still considered noob

I did what you write and didn`t install app2sd and every thing on my sd (from cyanogen setting)

but still do not know how or why to set Mac address manually till now.

Guest desalesouche

i can see in systm/lib that libstagefright.so (rom 20120301) is not the same size than in previous version.did you change it( some others*stagefright* also?) from which rom is it coming from?...thx for this really nice rom.

Guest pier11

i can see in systm/lib that libstagefright.so (rom 20120301) is not the same size than in previous version.did you change it( some others*stagefright* also?) from which rom is it coming from?...thx for this really nice rom.

I did not change this lib specifically, but recompiled the whole CM with new setting for blur. So changed libs is a side effect.

Guest dr.flo

I did not change this lib specifically, but recompiled the whole CM with new setting for blur. So changed libs is a side effect.

Do we have noticable benefits to 2D performance? Where's sun lbx to judge on this ;)?

Guest sun lbx

bow wow wow

ahhh yeah catz

seems a bit faster now :)

but did you guys notice the new transition animations?...i keep them off, never seen nuthin like this before on pulse

as for the 2d perfomance in the supa dupa MX Moto, it's completely badword up.

Q3 and NFS are flying though and are more responsive than ever

nice one, Pier!

Guest sun lbx

btw this is the 1st time I DO have the rotation anim

0_0

should my eyes be as big as they are? :D

Edited by sun lbx

Guest pier11

well to me the phone became a bit more responsive in UI. I judge on scrolling speed and its smoothness.

It feels nearly as fast on normal speed now as being overclocked before. I even didn't turn OC on yet on my phone.

not entirely sure what to thank:

- either that blur setting, that might gave hint to system to not annoy it that heavily with difficult graphics, or

- davik VM heap size set to 24m out of box now

:)

Guest twrock

Anyone else having any wifi issues? Something weird was going on with wifi not being able to find my network, then turning itself off.

Guest desalesouche

Anyone else having any wifi issues? Something weird was going on with wifi not being able to find my network, then turning itself off.

hi.no problem .wifi work perfect at first time.

Guest dr.flo

as for the 2d perfomance in the supa dupa MX Moto, it's completely badword up.

Did you have a look at the latest "ideos x3"? It feels quite responsive to me but that's of course wishful thinking. I would like to have some 3rd party opinion on 2d performance there. Especially regarding "MX Moto"-Benchmark... (I didn't try it, because I do not know what to expect).

If ideos rom performs better at mx moto, we might have the chance to do some merge/replace exercises in order to figure out where the issus resides.

Edited by dr.flo

Guest arlindo.costa

No problem until now.

Guest lloco73

Same happen to me one time only. After reboot the router the problem was solved

Guest lloco73

@pier

sorry for asking but why didn't you changed the identification of the device when connected via usb? On windows Stock Froyo is identified as IDEOS but on CM7.2 is identified as alcatel.

Wasn't better to try to standardize the kernel for all the roms?.Some key features all the same and small changes when needed to adapt it to a rom.

Beside this, this rom is great.

Guest sol-invictus

@ pier11, dr.flo, twrock and all other involved:

nice work!

so is it time already to integrate the 2.6.32 kernel and all the other changes into official CyanogenMod? before release of CM 7.2.0 ?

Edited by sol-invictus

Guest Freon35

Audio setting doesn't work. ROM clean installed, DTapps2SD installed - when I am trying to sett audio volumes it crashes that part of app. Everything rest for now is OK.

Guest desalesouche

Audio setting doesn't work. ROM clean installed, DTapps2SD installed - when I am trying to sett audio volumes it crashes that part of app. Everything rest for now is OK.

audio setting working perfectly for me...

Guest dr.flo

Set MAC address doesn't work for me.

When I start says that "MAC value inconsistent".

I haven't checked this yet, but I would guess that pier has reverted to normal wifi file paths when integrating new wifi driver.

If so, the official setMacAddress available on the market should work.