[CANCELED] CyanogenMod 9 | BETA 014 | TripNRaVeR | UNOFFICIAL

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest dextroz

I was having the same problem but loaded 'fasterfix' from the market and set to north america ntp. Reboot, then use 'GPS Status and Tools' to clear agps data and redownload and then my gps now locks on.

Thanks. It worked initially for me - especially in GPS Test but after a point it stopped locking and would show me satellites in use but not give me any resolution metrics. I might try to re-wipe and flash again to check it out.

Guest dextroz

Trip: Some people in this thread have gone out of their way to help you like a friend. Even in real life it is hard to get genuine advice and the reason you are receiving it is because they see something good in you. Everyone here wants to see you succeed in your ROM (of course) but also in your personal life. We value your hard work but it will mean more to your users if they know that you are happy doing it; personally and professionally.

I want to wish you well and hope you have a strong family and good friends around you, who recognize what you're going through and help you seek new experiences in your life.

At present, on a matter of principle, I will be uninstalling your ROM but I will continue to follow your thread.

Good luck!

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often.

- Unknown

Guest dextroz

anurbanlegend, frcfed, Deepest, Pruimmann, Klimer, Vorbeth.

So I count 6 reports of working GPS...

Unless my Math is wrong, That's more than the 2 who say it's not working!

For those 2 of you, try the Faster Fix method explained in this thread, it might solve the remaining issue.

Oh, sh*t, damn I helped again, best us all say goodbye to Trip.

Bye Bye, Trip.

Please add me to your list of working GPS. It's just not working in Maps any more now. I think it's because I have lost track of all the flashing I did. Your count of fixes has probably gone over 13 now.

Guest DDeveryday

GPS work with fix

Please working together

How did you get the GPS to work? I flashed the fix and I get that GPS item on the notification bar, but all it does is searching for signal. I just crossed the bridge to another State by accident. I think I'm lost :( Please help.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Guest vorBeth
ETA: vorBeth, please just kang this ROM and continue work on it, since dickless here isn't going to fix anything anyway. thanks again.

I will not KANG Trip's rom, I am not like that.

I will just say this though, I am now more determined than ever to get AOSP compiling on my own, once I do, I WILL make all the code available to all.

Don't expect anything just yet though, I am only running on a poor Laptop (My main Dev PC was lost in my Divorce!) so it takes me about 12-14 hours just to compile Cyanogen 9

@Trip:

WTF: https://twitter.com/...402533588766721

"Ps. I wasnt bashing vorbeth because he helped me but because he always hatin me for no reason and suddenly he starts posting fixes"

You were 100% Bashing me, both in your Tweet's and on here!

Hatin you? err when.

I objected to you saying you will release source then not delivering.

I objected to you failing to observe the GPL Licence you work under.

I requested multiple times to allow me to help you, each time you would "think about it" and it never got past that.

I posted fixes in your thread with full credit to you and SebastianFM respectively.

What stopped me from taking your KANG of CyanogenMod 9 and releasing a KANG over @ XDA? Nothing other than common courtesy.

Considering 90% of 'your' ROM is a KANG of others work, it strikes me as odd that you fear people KANG'ing your 'work'

Edited by vorBeth

Guest vorBeth

How did you get the GPS to work? I flashed the fix and I get that GPS item on the notification bar, but all it does is searching for signal. I just crossed the bridge to another State by accident. I think I'm lost :( Please help.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Run FasterFix from the market, I forgot to include the gps.conf in the update

Guest Stinsvarning

I've followed these threads for a long time and VorBeth usually bitch at Trip atleast once or twice a month about not releasing sources. Here and on twitter. The other day he was also nagging kmobs about cm9. So its no wonder Trip gets slightly annoyed when he once again makes an effort to piss Trip off and succeeds. Its getting old imo.

VorBeth, find something else to do.

This is starting to look like a bad social experiment that some sick person is conducting. biggrin.gif I don't know if I should laugh or cry ... these sudden Trip outbursts are just too much for me.

PS: GPS works with vorBeths fix for me too, thanks.

Guest vorBeth

I've followed these threads for a long time and VorBeth usually bitch at Trip atleast once or twice a month about not releasing sources. Here and on twitter. The other day he was also nagging kmobs about cm9. So its no wonder Trip gets slightly annoyed when he once again makes an effort to piss Trip off and succeeds. Its getting old imo.

VorBeth, find something else to do.

I requested Kernel source from Trip - this is a requirement of the GPL licence!

The source trip eventually provided AFTER MoDaCo got involved is broken, this is also against the GPL licence.

As for kmobs, well he is not working with a Kernel so is outside of GPL.

My request from him was to push a /device tree as the Sensation is on the 'Official' Cyanogen device list - my understanding of that was that you can compile from source a 'Official' Cyanogen device.

I was not targeting CM9 specifically, but whatever.

So yeah, I might bitch a little, but for what personal gain? NO, for the BENEFIT OF THE COMMUNITY.

This is getting old, that I 100% agree.

Trip does KANG others work (Check out the 'TAPS' system) and you send him $$$.

Maybe I should KANG others work then demand everything I want or I will stop releasing stuff!

Guest awarner

Right as usual abusive and trolling posts removed, those that joined just to troll here have had their accounts flagged. Don't troll and don't feed the trolls otherwise it becomes an endless destructive circle.

@Trip

Everyone has personal issues from time to time but please do not bring them in here if someone posts abusive insults report them do not post abusive replies it just makes matter worse. Posting them on Twitter is just as bad, if you do not want people to comment then do not post on any social media site otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

If people offer help and also produce a fix for something you may have had trouble with yourself try saying thank you, it's polite and helps the community as a whole.

We will not tolerate the childish behaviour we have seen from certain members in this topic it's disgraceful.

i just want the best rom and the fixes.

it seems the fixes has been deleted by the provider.

anyone care enough to provide all the fixes in one post?

or at least pm me.

thanks loads.

Guest -JuAnItO-

Trip where are you ??

i got the same issue in all ICS ROMs released by u !!

i got randoom reboots with randoom apps

if data enabled and screen of my sensation shutdown from him self and i if want turn it on i should pull of the battery then pull it in

Guest webmasteryoda

I just want to read about Trips ROMs, not his personal life.

These ROMs are great. I enjoy using them. But I support others that wants to help as well.

Its a matter of community. If there is no community, than why are we here?

Seems like there's more jazz in here then fixes and rom talk.

Been running it since its release and yes there were a few zips to flash to get it running but it was worth it to test run cm9.

I have had tons of reboots. A lot of times from running lots of heavy memory usage apps or from opening emails from status bar from lock screen.

I do understand that this is a beta and an awesome 1 at that. I appreciate this. Thank you Trip. Hopefully there will be an update soon to get the reboot issue fixed so this rom can be a daily. Still haven't reverted to a nandroid but will probably have to soon

Guest tech2connect

I have some new builds compiled last night will see if they can be released

Nice Trip! Moving on..Thanks.

oh first post!!

Edited by tech2connect

Guest vorBeth

I got the gps working with vorbeths fix but my phone kept crashing. It honestly ran worse than the original kernel included in the rom.

Did you use the Trip or Sebastian version?

If it's the trip one then it is the same kernel as posted in the OP

Guest MR_XXIV
I got the gps working with vorbeths fix but my phone kept crashing. It honestly ran worse than the original kernel included in the rom.

Just flashed the Sebastian kernel and its super smooth and doesn't heat up ; )