[CANCELED] CyanogenMod 9 | BETA 014 | TripNRaVeR | UNOFFICIAL

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest LtLightnin

Is there any way to get ICS voice search? The one from the market does not work and its older version

i imagine that is with the new gapps not the old ones?

i imagine that is with the new gapps not the old ones?

Yes. Could not get voice search to work on 002. Reverted back to 001 backup for now. Wonder why its not working in 002 unless I'm missing something

Guest down4life

Great work Trip, rom is great,no problems for now, fast, have no reboots, wifi, camera is ok, also gmail face etc. Will wait to see battery life. For other people, think that trips kernel included in rom. Cheers

Guest K1UTCh809

only one problem its not connecting with the computer other then that perfect

umm let me take it back it took a good min lol

Edited by K1UTCh809

Guest Parfentsev Andrew

Can I install the kernel from SebastianFM 1.7? There is an alternative way to put the kernel on a higher frequency? It is necessary to benchmark records! :)

Edited by Parfentsev Andrew

WTF!!!! i just update my rom to beta 2 and all my apps and data is gone!!! what a small update :(

That is because the update ZIP is scripted to wipe all the data and cache.

please can you give links to these?

thanks in advance!!

Search the tripnice,, Kernals, Roms forums or wait for Trips comments.or fixes. They worked for me at the time and there could be a better fix by now?

Guest phillthorpe1

Great work Trip, rom is great,no problems for now, fast, have no reboots, wifi, camera is ok, also gmail face etc. Will wait to see battery life. For other people, think that trips kernel included in rom. Cheers

you must have downloaded a different rom than me lol

try using untill it reaches 14% then plug the charger in turn the screen off and see if you can turn it back on......you will probably need a battery pull.

gapps has definately got problems on this, the one on the rom doesnt sync the calendar and there is no

option in settings to manually sync it, and maps has the occasional crash. you have to flash another gapps, as stated earlier in this thread. gapps_ics_4.0.3_v8

also ive flashed this kernel TripNiCE_CRISP_kernel_001-TripNRaVeR as suggested earlier in this thread.

hope it goes better now

Guest TripNRaVeR

To be noted the newest beta includes the new Google Music app, but not the new custom Google Music app.

You have a link? Then i will include it next time

Guest not4sakn

Before flashing this new update I installed vorbeths fix for gps and my phone started rebooting like crazy, so I wiped and installed the rom again without it and it ran super smooth.

So, I flash the new beta 002 last night with the fix included and again my phone is unstable again with constant reboots. For whatever reason it does not like this kernel. I personally can do without GPS to simply have a working phone. How can I get the original kernel or maybe sebastians to try with this rom? I'm convinced the kernel vorbeth posted does fix GPS but causes several other problems.

Edited by not4sakn

Guest TripNRaVeR

Before flashing this new update I installed vorbeths fix for gps and my phone started rebooting like crazy, so I wiped and installed the rom again without it and it ran super smooth.

So, I flash the new beta 002 last night with the fix included and again my phone is unstable again with constant reboots. For whatever reason it does not like this kernel. I personally can do without GPS to simply have a working phone. How can I get the original kernel or maybe sebastians to try with this rom? I'm convinced the kernel vorbeth posted does fix GPS but causes several other problems.

vorBeth didnt post a new kernel he edited a ramdisk which is a totally different world, besides that, there is a new kernel with this version exactly the same as running on TripNMiUI v4. It could be that vorBeth fix didnt work but it certainly didnt brake anything that was just impossible

Guest -JuAnItO-

Trip .. i want thank u for this great ROM .. but why most of your ICS ROMs have the same issue ?? randoom reboots :(

can u fix it in the next release ?

Guest zapata1334

only one problem its not connecting with the computer other then that perfect

umm let me take it back it took a good min lol

same here but you can use usb storage from you 4ext recovery touch

Guest zapata1334

Thanks for this great rom so far no reboots and gps works. mass storage dont work for me but I using usb storage from my 4ext recovery.Thks again

Guest not4sakn

vorBeth didnt post a new kernel he edited a ramdisk which is a totally different world, besides that, there is a new kernel with this version exactly the same as running on TripNMiUI v4. It could be that vorBeth fix didnt work but it certainly didnt brake anything that was just impossible

Then why do I only have reboots when his mods are included! Your original 001 rom with no different kernel or flashed as is didn't cause random reboots.

Edited by not4sakn

Guest Sinijax

The audo jack doesn't work, and the ROM is not all that stable at all. I've been following your releases for some time. Why is there so much emphasis on performance,performance,performance, where the actual stability of the ROM by my experience hasn't really improved much. Could you just iron out one version for stability. Until the ROM is stable, I don't care about performance. I wan't to be able to use it.

It's totally up to you how you proceed I just think stability should be the main objective. Not benchmarks and smoothness. That's important to, but I think it comes second to stability!

Also if something doesn't work why not mention it in the original post. Not working: audio jack...

I'm grateful for you work, just think you're moving in the wrong direction.

Edited by Sinijax

Guest Flash Addict

I have been running this rom for about 7 hours now with minimal issues. Here's what I did.

Installation:

- Wipe/Factory Reset

- Wipe Dalvik-Cache (just in case)

- Install rom from zip file

- Install gapps from zip file (to address calendar sync issue)

- Reboot phone

Bugs Encountered:

- Power menu doesn't work. The reboot/power threads begin running but encounter an error.

- Power commands sent via ADB produce the same symptoms as described above.

Note:

I DID encounter some instability and force closes when I installed the rom by itself (without the gapps). Reflashing WITH gapps seemed to address these issues from what I could tell.

Thanks for sharing TripNRaVeR! biggrin.gif

Edited by Flash Addict