[CANCELED] CyanogenMod 9 | BETA 014 | TripNRaVeR | UNOFFICIAL

Guest TripNRaVeR

Nice ROM, came from Virtuous Quattro Alpha but it had some issues I can't live with atm.

But I have found an huge issue in your ROM (well, it's really huge for me): my headphones are not recognized by the music player, it only plays over speakers, even when I have the headphones stick in... Can you fix that please?

Edit: Ok, I see that there's a way to fix that... Will try the other kernel now, I hope that helps!

Edited by Syn333

Nice ROM, came from Virtuous Quattro Alpha but it had some issues I can't live with atm.

But I have found an huge issue in your ROM (well, it's really huge for me): my headphones are not recognized by the music player, it only plays over speakers, even when I have the headphones stick in... Can you fix that please?

Edit: Ok, I see that there's a way to fix that... Will try the other kernel now, I hope that helps!

Let me know if flashing a new kernel solves the headphone issue. Sebastians kernels are great, but the 1.7ghz kernel always made my phone lock up at least once a day. Had to always pull battery. Never tried the 1.5ghz kernel. And I'm not sure if we re supposed to force CPU 1 online (I always did. Guess that could be causing the crash) with his kernel (or with any ics kernel for that matter).

Let me know if flashing a new kernel solves the headphone issue. Sebastians kernels are great, but the 1.7ghz kernel always made my phone lock up at least once a day. Had to always pull battery. Never tried the 1.5ghz kernel. And I'm not sure if we re supposed to force CPU 1 online (I always did. Guess that could be causing the crash) with his kernel (or with any ics kernel for that matter).

As I found the original thread of the person, that flashed a new kernel, I saw that flashing a new kernel does not work at all for the headphone jack issue. So I didn't try and went back to Virtuous Quattro. Can't handle a ROM without the ability to listen to music.

Restore kernel and it works

If you're talking about restoring back to the kernel that you packaged with the ROM, then it still doesn't work.

I've been running your kernel since you first released the ROM, and I have the exact same issue with the battery stats not reporting properly.

Guest TripNRaVeR

If you're talking about restoring back to the kernel that you packaged with the ROM, then it still doesn't work.

I've been running your kernel since you first released the ROM, and I have the exact same issue with the battery stats not reporting properly.

Read this topic and you'll see screenshots from people that it works

Read this topic and you'll see screenshots from people that it works

Well then there might be something else going on, because I've only been running your stock release, with no changes.

Edit: Trip, after your post, I wanted to be sure that it wasn't something specific about my setup that may have been screwing up with the stats reporting, so I made a nandroid and formatted everything, and reflashed.

Still no go. Same issue is present. I can't explain why it may work for some people, but it doesn't work for me and others.

And to clarify, the graph showing battery drain works fine, but what doesn't work is all of the individual stats of what apps have been running for what amount of time and what apps have been consuming what percentage of battery.

This issue isn't even a huge one for me, by any means.

But it is something to be aware of.

Having said that, I've been running your CM9 release since you posted it, and it's been the most stable of any of your previous releases, and more stable than the Virtuous Quattro release. I'd personally like to see you focus on working out the small issues left in this ROM (GPS, headset jack, Camera Flash...), and bring it close to perfection. Once the few hopefully easy issues are worked out, I think that a LOT of people who are currently on the fence about this ROM will flash it as a daily driver. I know that I've been using it as a daily driver, even though not having GPS is really difficult for me. That's how much more stable and usable I've found this over any other ICS ROM out right now.

Good Luck.

Edited by gbzbar

Hey Trip not sure if it is known but I noticed whenever you select power off from the power menu it actually reboots and not power off

Just tried it, and it works fine for me. Power off.

As a general note to anyone reporting any bugs, not specifically to Zehlek... Please don't report bugs if you are running a different kernel than what Trip packaged, or if you are running any other MOD than what he included. It will make troubleshooting and sorting out the real bugs from the non-Trip-caused bugs all the more difficult.

Guest Joel lock

Use Hax Sync

It worked on the previous build but not on this one..It doesn't sync your facebook contacts at all, and the is no settings to sync your contacts in the facebook app no matter what I do..looks like it is cut off right after notification ringtone..ive tried flashing the old contactsprovider.apk and it just FC

Guest stonew508

Will the new kernel also fix the GPS issue?

boot time 75% faster, settings/performance fixed, system faster, upgraded audio, camera flash

is all he said.

Guest Xanderdad
1327879413' post=1892078']

It worked on the previous build but not on this one..It doesn't sync your facebook contacts at all, and the is no settings to sync your contacts in the facebook app no matter what I do..looks like it is cut off right after notification ringtone..ive tried flashing the old contactsprovider.apk and it just FC

It does work actually. Install the Facebook app and login. Install haxsync. Go to system settings/accounts and sync and add a new account. Choose haxsync and it will ask you to authorize. It will flash up a Facebook page that is probably blank and then go away. Click back onto haxsync and check sync contacts.

Guest yht9425

boot time 75% faster, settings/performance fixed, system faster, upgraded audio, camera flash

is all he said.

Funny cause u can turn GPS on but google navigation can't pick it up is acting like GPS is off ... hope new kernel will fix GPS bug

Guest TripNRaVeR

TripNiCE "CRISP" kernel 001:

- settings/performance fixed

- camera flash fixed

- backport bcm4329 from msm 3.0 kernel

- rtac thanks to chad.goodman

- booting 75% faster

- system is overal alot smoother

- 720P 1080P 480P added for videocamera

- new kernel series "CRISP"

http://www.mediafire.com/?dp5ampdllqi256v

:)

Edit:

cache will be wiped, data wipe is advised, if you have issues then its most likely because you didnt wipe data, there are stories that camera gets messed up if you flash a new kernel without wiping data, but its up to you

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest panzival

- camera flash fixed

- booting 75% faster

http://www.mediafire...dp5ampdllqi256v

So the headphone jack is still broken?

Guest stonew508

- camera flash fixed

- booting 75% faster

http://www.mediafire...dp5ampdllqi256v

Edit:

should we still flash the wifi fix or is it included?

cache will be wiped, data wipe is advised, if you have issues then its most likely because you didnt wipe data, there are stories that camera gets messed up if you flash a new kernel without wiping data, but its up to you