[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

Again news: fd is changed by dup function, which creates the same descriptor for each buffer(sounds strange), I tried to hardcode values for my buffers fd but still no success. Sounds like such behaviour is common. Changing type (as was on activating ion) doesn't work too.. no idea..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

tried to getmemory with fd "-1", success, but there still at last 4 buffers which should be allocated, -2 -3 -4 fd-s for remaining buffers also success, but oemcamera won't register them(first one registered, whoaw).

Guest Lens_flare
Does pudding camera work with the unreleased work your doing now?

no matter to hope on wonder, but I will try.

I know this might be a bit mad, but there was one samsung galaxy w ics rom that pudding camera worked, but no other camera did...

that might be coz camera parameters got dynamically, which stock ics camera don't provide, it still requires correct library.

Guest Lens_flare
If it can help : my dad has a galaxy w...

nothing to do with "W", unlucky device.

Does pudding camera work with the unreleased work your doing now?

Nope, the same log as for ics camera.

Guest LoveForEver1325

Yeah we are comming closer to the win against fuc*ing codes :P

Edited by LoveForEver1325

Guest Lens_flare

Hell, so close!

My preview view now is full of quads with camera information in them. But they are repetitive and chaotic and.. just still (so don't want to update). And it works only once in system session [returns after reboot].

Now I should form an offset parameter to make them work in correct sequence, so, take a look at function call:

register_buf(mBufferSize,

mBufferSize, CbCrOffset, 0,

handle->fd,

(uint8_t *)frames[cnt].buffer/*(uint8_t *)mThumbnailMapped*/,

MSM_PMEM_PREVIEW,

active);
and its proto:
static bool register_buf(int size,

int frame_size,

int cbcr_offset,

int yoffset,

int pmempreviewfd,

uint32_t offset,

uint8_t *buf,

int pmem_type,

bool vfe_can_write,

bool register_buffer = true);

To make sequnce of buffers (not only first one) register in kernel and damn oemcamera, I replaced uint32_t offset parameter which is constant 0 to cnt*mBufferSize (counter of buffers - 0,1,2,3 etc multiply on buff size, which actually determines next buff address but not fully though).

Anyone have idea how to form that offset so we will get full preview?

Guest Lens_flare

Recently I bricked my device permanently in trial of get 2.2 baseband work, my local service said it won't be repaired and offered a device-pricy repair.

Sorry guys, I will commit my libcamera changes and consult anybody who could take this work over.

Last rom I'll post will be MIUI 2.7.13 multilang (as it does not need a massive testing).

I'll also compile how to port miui guide and post at xda and lfdesigns so at last miui will be live.

It's nomore a joke, I'm out. Thx you guys for all patience and especially donators who bring to me that perfect device.

Even it's damend I loved it as I haven't seen any device could be such customized and really curious to work with.

I think the error is that the prototype contains 10 parameters, while the function itself contains only 9.

no, last parameter just set to true :D

It's C++, and it's possible.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest liquid metal newbie

Hey does Metal and galaxy ace have same hardware??? If yes you can go here www.maclaw.pl he made camera working on ace also jelly bean on arm6 devices

Sorry to hear that you are out

Edited by liquid metal newbie

Guest Mtman1
Recently I bricked my device permanently in trial of get 2.2 baseband work, my local service said it won't be repaired and offered a device-pricy repair.

Sorry guys, I will commit my libcamera changes and consult anybody who could take this work over.

Last rom I'll post will be MIUI 2.7.13 multilang (as it does not need a massive testing).

I'll also compile how to port miui guide and post at xda and lfdesigns so at last miui will be live.

It's nomore a joke, I'm out. Thx you guys for all patience and especially donators who bring to me that perfect device.

Even it's damend I loved it as I haven't seen any device could be such customized and really curious to work with.

:( :( :( a very sad day for our community... I hope someone takes over, and we will support them 100%

Edit: do you think nvflash would work?

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Unbr8kbal

Lens, sorry to hear this.

Looks like this will never happen i'm going to look for a new phone.

Very sad day for all the acer owners.

Guest Lens_flare
Looks like this will never happen i'm going to look for a new phone

uhm, you said you'll have a look at camera isn't you?

Is I really a community un-replaceable core?

Edit: do you think nvflash would work?

nvflash=fastboot, thank to it my device is bricked

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest olivieroa

Hi, tell us how much the ask you to repair the Liquid Metal.

We could cover the price with donations to make to become able to work on it again (if you want it).

I think we are many persons interested in Liquid Metal new OS versions.

If there are many volonteers it could be a "little price" for every contributor...

Let me know :)

Guest Lens_flare

Hi, tell us how much the ask you to repair the Liquid Metal.

We could cover the price with donations to make to become able to work on it again (

please not start that AGAIN, my device is bought on that community donate, I shouldn't ask another time. And I don't want to.

Guest olivieroa

please not start that AGAIN, my device is bought on that community donate, I shouldn't ask another time. And I don't want to.

Ok, excuse me. I didn't know it...

You didn't ask anything.

I suggested it... but i understand what you say.

Excuse me again and thanks for your work.

Angelo

Guest Samsung S3

Thanks lens for your big work, my metal is "very power and pretty" with your rom miui, i will hope see ics full working on my phone, but this story has finish. if there is someone able continuing this project come forward, will have our support.

Thanks very much lens,

Aurelio

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

A little about cameralib - I took a look at the code in GitHub (part of which was posted here), and I realized that the only way for the camera preview to work is for all the buffers to have equal size (I suppose they should be equal sized, but just for the sake of god, let's try another method). I'm unsure about this as have almost no experience in C++ and kernel programming , but I think that this:

(uint8_t *)frames[cnt].buffer
should be replaced by a null argument and later
int cnti = 0; while(cnti<cnt){frames[cnti].buffer;cnti++;}

should be added

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev

Guest Lens_flare
I think that this:

(uint8_t *)frames[cnt].buffer

should be replaced by a null argument and later

int cnti = 0; while(cnti<cnt){frames[cnti].buffer;cnti++;}

one little detail, each buffer should be mapped and registered by kernel, if you resize them after actual mapping and registering, you will have such bad things as fragmentation(the lesser evil), kernel error(that's more serious) or just memory fault (catastrophic).

also, how do you think, will it be registered by oemcamera (remember, crazy acer mind inside) and kernel?

Guest Ianis G. Vasilev

@Lens: then I suppose there should be a separate function for each buffer. I repeat, this is the first time a take a look at the Liquid mt CM9 code, so don't expect me to do magic. I have much experience with C# though, so I hope helping build an at least 'almost' working ROM.

Edited by Ianis G. Vasilev