[DEV] [ROM] MIUI for the Blade

Guest KingsizeX

Guest equiliym

back on topic, are you guys going to continue this project? i managed to boot cm7 version with fcing, checked debugger and saw all them missing resources id's, will check in a while which ones are missing and will post here.. that is if OP or other devs will continue working on it.. :|

Guest equiliym

ok, just ran cm7 build and lotsa errors and warnings :P i was paying attention on only FCing parts so here is what i found:

com.android.launcher2.Launcher < FCing for missing resource:

<public type="layout" name="guide_popup_window" id="0x06030004" />
com.android.systemui < FCing for missing resource:
<public type="bool" name="config_enableUsbModeSelection" id="0x060a0005" />
com.android.phone < FCing for missing resource:
<public type="xml" name="apns" id="0x06050000" />
android.process.acore < FCing for missing resource:
<public type="bool" name="config_use_strict_phone_number_comparation" id="0x060a0001" />

i guess these missing resources are from framework-miui-res.apk since i decompiled it to check for those resources in /values/public.xml, didnt check the actual framework-res.apk tho.. im probably not the only one who actually checked this but since it wasnt in the thread i just tought posting it

i also cant decompile launcher/systemui and similar apps for some odd reason with framework so i cant do much more about that

Edited by equiliym

Guest kamal_saran

We? Tilal did it! A few devs and I tried. But ulimately it was tilal

Hey man why so serious........I didn't mean That we all build ROM....I'm just saying that..we waited for it and it's here...so after some tones themes will be.....:)

Guest equiliym

this might be a little selfish but we from racer forum would really appreciate the help of building miui on 2.3 android since we only have cm7 build ported and lacking both skills and devs to fix ics build to work.. if anyone would like, we would be really thankful

i already posted about missing resources force closing apps if OP could take a look since my pc isnt really good for compiling from source :(

I grew a little impatient and decided to compile MIUI on my own and guess what it worked. :D

Could you send me a link of this rom? Since ICSMIUI is the Answer, I'm gonna try getting themes working on it :)

Could you send me a link of this rom? Since ICSMIUI is the Answer, I'm gonna try getting themes working on it :)

Flash this over burstlam's 5.5.1, its pretty much the same thing.

But I must warn you, USB and microphone incall doesn't work.

You compiled it? Seriously? Gimme a break. You wouldn't even have Linux.

When did you hack into my PC to see if I had llinux?, FYI I posted that video long before tilal uploaded his MIUIblader.

I'm a dev now. lulz.

Edited by adizz

Guest Akash P

When did you hack into my PC to see if I had llinux?, FYI I posted that video long before tilal uploaded his MIUIblader.

I'm a dev now. lulz.

Oh please can you stop boasting about yourself! I seriously do not want another wannabe spamming this thread.

So you think your a DEVELOPER now? Start a new thread and post whatever your build or boast of building. We'll be the judge if you really are a DEV! Geez some people!

End of line man.

Edited by Akash P

Oh please can you stop boasting about yourself! I seriously do not want another wannabe tryinhg to spam this thread.

So you think your a DEVELOPER now? Start a new thread and post whatever your build or boast of building. We'll be the judge if you really are a DEV! Geez !

Don't you see "lulz" at the end of the post. If you can't understand sarcasm, GTFO.

@mods, I'm sorry for the profanity, I just had to.

Edited by adizz

Guest Akash P

Don't you see "lulz" at the end of the post. If you can't understand sarcasm, GTFO.

@mods, I'm sorry for the profanity, I just had to.

You have gotta be kidding me right! Do people still use "lulz" ?? That's probably the reason i ignored that. Joke's still on you!

Edited by Akash P

Guest karthiknr

I'm a dev now. lulz.

Why did you edit the post and make "works" "worked" then?

What a dev! Upload your ROM then. Very eager to try it out.

Guest Akash P

Why did you edit the post and make "works" "worked" then?

What a dev! Upload your ROM then. Very eager to try it out.

Give him some credit, He compiled it on "llinux" :D

Guest karthiknr

"LULZ"!!:D He must've added the YouTube link later. Anyone can flash Miui and take a video. That doesn't make someone a developer. Apparently,it makes this guy one.;)

Just watched your video. Dude! Keep your phone straight. Also you didn't make this, it was made by The Crevis I think. So you aren't a Dev. It makes you look weird to us devs!

Also, the best MiUi V4 Tom is using the AOSP rom from ics4blade and then flash the MiUi patchy thing

Guest equiliym

Also, the best MiUi V4 Tom is using the AOSP rom from ics4blade and then flash the MiUi patchy thing

are you implying that micodes patchrom wont work on other than ics? since i tried both ics and gb and both gave lots of errors.. gb compiled atleast with alot of fcing and ics is giving holo errors and whatsoever things