[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Nahov

Here is a little video about the ROM. The rom is absolutely fantastic! I made this for those people, who just opened up the topic, and doesnt know what does it look like. Enjoy!

Guest targetbsp

In no way is that faster than GB. GB is fluid and 100% responsive. ICS has response lag and stutters while sliding and is generaly much slower. I know its an early build and all, I'm just saying that it's not super fluid and smooth how some poeple here keep saying.

Weird. The UI is FAR smoother than GB on my phone. Did you ditch the stock CM launcher? It's slow. Or was last time I tried it. I've not even attempted to use it recently!

Guest Hoonboof

Messed up the kernel I made decent progress with this morning (locally, so couldn't revert) so i've had to restart, hit a wall and have turned to alcohol, with any luck I'll have kgsl sorted tomorrow again and can work on fixing egl being broken any time there's an allocation. This time round I've got github to watch my back.

I'm on pure guesswork mostly and there's a bunch of ugly hacks, is there a channel the kernel devs hang out in that I should be aware of to make my struggle less futile?

Guest martin tander(estonia)

I have a bit strange question....does this rom has a 3g only mode? Just that my 3g network isnt very good but literally 100 times faster then 2g...and it automatically switching to 2g bcuz it has stronger signal...is it possible to be in wcdma only on this rom,cuz cm9 cant do that(( thx in advance :)

Guest jpdoliveira

Messed up the kernel I made decent progress with this morning (locally, so couldn't revert) so i've had to restart, hit a wall and have turned to alcohol, with any luck I'll have kgsl sorted tomorrow again and can work on fixing egl being broken any time there's an allocation. This time round I've got github to watch my back.

I'm on pure guesswork mostly and there's a bunch of ugly hacks, is there a channel the kernel devs hang out in that I should be aware of to make my struggle less futile?

hahaha. that's so bad xD

But nice work btw.

Guest microsnakey

I am also having the same problem with Voice Search (or Iris) not working. It appears, but nothing happens. It closes after a few seconds even if you have gone into its options screen. Voice Search does not appear in the App drawer either.

I am using a fresh install of the 20120331 rom with the full gapps from the first page.

Tell me if you find a solution

Guest Rita Santos

Is there any incidence with the 3g connection?

In my case, all is fine, but the browser, play, friendcaster, gmail and angry words don't connect to the server.

Other aps, such as whatsapp, gtalk and the browser Opera works fine

I have checked the APN from Orange ES and it's all good...

I have re-installed the Rom and stays the same... Is there anything I can do? Before installing this rom, all worked fine.

Congrats for the Rom. Aside this "problem", everything is great (even with the bugs...)

Guest skywave

Heres a topgear toptip Use git locally. Git add git commit, and tada. badword up? git reset --hard HEAD~1 removes the last commit hard (completly wiped) want to do it differently and recommit git reset --soft HEAD~1 leaves the changes ready to be committed again. Truely badword up? check the last working commit, type the number after git checkout and blam your back. rm .git/refs/heads/%branch_name% then git branch %branch_name% makes it again possible to push commits after the last working one.

Guest trueno2k

I just been reading the last 5 or so pages of posts in this thread, and haven't come across one post stating that there's something wrong with the USB notification option... On my Blade it's showing "Set date" in the text and a ? (Question Mark) left of it... When selected, the USB screen shows "SIM card added" as the title then shows "You must restart your device to access the mobile network" text under... The next screen after turning on the USB storage it shows an Android logo with a USB for a hand with the text "No permission required" under the logo... So, what's the up with this option?... I thought this was the option for USB storage only and nothing else?... Is this going to be fixed or is it supposed to be like this???...

Just so you know, I have 2012 03 30 ColdfusionX flashed on my Blade...

PS... Can't wait for the Qualcomm GPU libs to integrated in the Blade and the Skate and hopefully everything working even if they are slightly buggy... Can't Wait Can't Wait Can't Wait Can't Wait... :P

Keep up the great work Tilal :D

Edited by trueno2k

Guest emc02

gps.blade.so = 5.712 Byte , ICS Burstlam 5.7 // Coldfusion gps.blade.so around 56 KByte. Rest of gps realated files are at least in size 100% same.

I attatched that file - but for me its UNTESTED for use on Coldfusion. NOT an CWM install file, only extracted from ICS BURSTLAM + zipped

tested it since yesterday: no reboots (in more than 12 hours) and fast GPS fix!

tilal, maybe you could include the file in your builds

Guest brookergray

I just been reading the last 5 or so pages of posts in this thread, and haven't come across one post stating that there's something wrong with the USB notification option... On my Blade it's showing "Set date" in the text and a ? (Question Mark) left of it... When selected, the USB screen shows "SIM card added" as the title then shows "You must restart your device to access the mobile network" text under... The next screen after turning on the USB storage it shows an Android logo with a USB for a hand with the text "No permission required" under the logo... So, what's the up with this option?... I thought this was the option for USB storage only and nothing else?... Is this going to be fixed or is it supposed to be like this???...

Just so you know, I have 2012 03 30 ColdfusionX flashed on my Blade...

PS... Can't wait for the Qualcomm GPU libs to integrated in the Blade and the Skate and hopefully everything working even if they are slightly buggy... Can't Wait Can't Wait Can't Wait Can't Wait... :P

Keep up the great work Tilal :D

It's the correct screen. It's just requesting incorrect strings from the framework.

Guest MidaMilunk

This morning it was the second occasion when the phone has been frozen on quite a weird way:

On charger (the original one from ZTE)

WiFi policy: never on charger

TuneIn radio, with sleep timer (15 minutes) - display turned off by power button

Developement option: never turn off display on charger

In the morning I found the phone with display on (the battery status shows that the displayed image is from back last night), but completely frozen. I overslept of course, no alarm happened. When I unpluged the charger, the phone rebooted.

This happened two times identically... I know it is kinda special, is it possible/interesting to create a logcat?

I am currently trying to reproduce this during daytime, no problem after ther first hour...

No problen eighter after the alarm... do not know what the problem could be... WiFi is much weeker at home in the bedroom, then here, this is a difference for sure.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest tdroza

Great work on the new version - the performance improvements in the browser are a welcome addition.

One question: an earlier version of this ROM would sync my bookmarks from the desktop version of Chrome. In the last couple of versions that option hasn't been available. Anyone know what's missing, or how I can enable it again?

Thanks!

Guest targetbsp

I think that's a gapps feature and it's not in mini gapps so make sure you have a large system partition and the full gapps

Guest tdroza

I think that's a gapps feature and it's not in mini gapps so make sure you have a large system partition and the full gapps

Thanks, you're right - I did a bit more digging around and the full ICS GApps contains ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk. I pushed that to /system/app and it's now working again.

Guest birdibird

gps.blade.so = 5.712 Byte , ICS Burstlam 5.7 // Coldfusion gps.blade.so around 56 KByte. Rest of gps realated files are at least in size 100% same.

tested it since yesterday: no reboots (in more than 12 hours) and fast GPS fix!

tilal, maybe you could include the file in your builds

I can confirm. Original gps.blade.so gives spontanious reboots.

After replacing by Burstlams version no problems anymore.

Edited by birdibird

Guest emc02

I can confirm. Original gps.blade.so gives spontanious reboots.

After replacing by Burstlams version no problems anymore.

the only reboots I get are when enabling the airplane mode, but thats no problem (for me)

Guest shabahat

I tried the mediafire link

update. It looked better than

before but the video is not

playing using any player. I

tried mx video player, default

player and zplayer. So i just switched to swedish

snow . Is there any remedy

for this. (by mistake posted it to miui coldfusion thread)

Guest birdibird

I tried the mediafire link

update. It looked better than

before but the video is not

playing using any player. I

tried mx video player, default

player and zplayer. So i just switched to swedish

snow . Is there any remedy

for this. (by mistake posted it to miui coldfusion thread)

look in the 1st post, you need the video patch

Edited by birdibird

Guest MidaMilunk

the only reboots I get are when enabling the airplane mode, but thats no problem (for me)

There were only a single reboot for me, it was really during GPS usage (MyTrack). If I do not count the night-freezes.

Do airplane mode cause problems if it is triggered automaically? "Silent hours", or any other application...