[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest targetbsp

I had 3 closed processes. Will continue to monitor the number of closed process with the app that u mentioned and see what I get.

I just played an hour and 3/4's of New Star Soccer with no issue so it doesn't seem to be something between that game and the rom rather than games in general.

Guest Pondlife

I have some questions about battery:

1) There seems to be a BIG battery drain, probably related to WiFi. I lost about 5% overnight with WiFi off and 3G on and then, when I woke up, I switched WiFi on and in ~4 hours of pretty normal usage I went from 95% to less than 30%. Something should be going wrong here...

2) I tried to charge the phone via USB (as I always do) but I didn't manage to get past 59%... I had to plug the cable to the AC adapter to go further

3) Even when the AC charger (I use the iPhone/iPad one) is plugged in, if I go to settings->battery, it displays "Charging (USB)" and not "Charging (AC)". "AC" stays written only less than a second right after I plug the charger in, no matter if is USB or AC. Then, in any case, it suddenly displays "USB" and stays there. Don't know whether it's a problem or whether it causes some consequences, though.

Not so sure it's to do with wifi as according to battery history mine was off overnight but battery went from 50ish% to nothing during less than 6hours sleeping.

The graph shows a dramatic plummet from about 30% to about 3% at one point.

I can get it to charge on usb but only with screen off.

Guest Proove

Tilal said.You should have dithering on, 16 bit off.

PS lagging anyways

Idk why it doesn't work. I got dithering on and 16 bit off and no lags, smooth and working well

Guest innesness

The battery life & performance of the latest build are amazing. Days ago this kind of stability could only be found on GB ROMs for higher-end phones like Liberty or Wizardry. Great work keeping the Blade alive Tilal!

For those experiencing battery drain issues:

1. Go to Wi-Fi Settings>Advanced>Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep and set to "Only when plugged in". Also turn off Dialpad, Lockscreen & Touch Tones under sounds. These are the usual culprits behind wakelocks.

2. Combine Smartassv2 with sensible OC/UC profiles via SetCPU or QCA - this alone will give you an additional 5 or so hours of battery life.

Most of the mirrors hosted on Uploadmirrors suck. It really sucks to download a file at only 125 KBps when you have a super high speed connection.

Goo.im was great, and so is mediafire.

Multiple 100kbps+ mirrors give everyone their ROM in 10mins at the most, each. You would seriously prefer a single congested file host with a 30% chance of download completion? Talk about community-minded

Guest grzegi

Question for all of you, and one request for tilal:

Is there any option, to change network priority in network settings (I mean 2G/2g-3G preffered and 3G only?

In GB there was an option to set the network priority in the networks menu, but I can not see it in ColdFusion.

@Tilal, could you fix the network switching in notification bar? When you wabt to change the network type, through the notification bar it hangs and you cannot change/see the current setting.

I really want to try this ROM but it gets frozen on splash screen w/ red light... im on the 31st build. can someone help? what partition and cache are you using? I have 190MB part and 2mb cache < I think the cache is small but 31st worked on that

in my blade wifi run' with no problem. how big is your system partition may be here is the problem somethings go wrong thru instalation? try tpt stok v10 from wbaw and see if that help you(sry for my english)

Thanks again for your help, but as I thought, it still sucks, 30+ seconds turning wifi on. Maybe another version or another ICS rom will work. :(

Guest blader95

This is a CyanogenMod 9 port for the ZTE Blade.

ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

YOU NEED A 185 MB SYSTEM PARTITION MINIMUM FOR THIS ROM!

Rom Details:

• Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich!
  • Synced with latest CyanogenMod 9 repos
  • 2.6.35 kernel - based on ZTE stock Skate kernel
  • Full HW acceleration makes it faster than Gingerbread
    My sources:
    • Device - github.com/ICSFusionX
    • Kernel - github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade
      Thanks go to:
      • Tom Giordano - being my mentor in developing for ZTE devices and basically being a general legend
      • CM Team for making an awesome ROM base
      • Skywave, Tom B and the rest of the ICS4Blade team - I, uh, "borrowed" a lot of their fixes
      • Maclaw and the GalaxyICS team - using their libaudio and some flags from them
      • drewis and Evervolv team - they were the ones that led me to enable OpenGL acceleration
      • The community - for testing and enthusing - I love doing what I do because of you guys

SEE SECOND POST FOR MORE INFO!

FLASH ORDER:

[*]First: you should get the GAPPs and ROM and put them on your SD card[*]Now FORMAT SYSTEM <- VERY IMPORTANT[*]Then flash the ROM and any patches (if applicable)

[*]After this wipe data[*]Then reboot out of recovery and let it boot into the ROM[*]After you let it sit on the launcher for ~ 5 minutes then reboot into recovery again[*]Now flash the GAPPs zip[*]And reboot out of recovery[*]The ROM should boot[*]Let it sit on launcher for another 5 minutes to stabilise.[*]If you still have problems post on the thread.

A2SD - S2E:

http://android.modac...coldfusion-ics/

Download:

07/04/2012:

UploadMirrors - http://uploadmirrors...lade-signed.zip

File Manager - thanks to brookergray - http://files.borcsik...ile_manager.zip

Google Apps (Market, Gmail, etc.) - http://goo-inside.me...0317-signed.zip

In this update google is sync my contact,Is this a bug???? :(

Guest Pondlife

I really want to try this ROM but it gets frozen on splash screen w/ red light... im on the 31st build. can someone help? what partition and cache are you using? I have 190MB part and 2mb cache < I think the cache is small but 31st worked on that

I've got system 183 (10.9 free), cache 2, data 275.

According to the freespace app it's 2mb cache, 175 system (10mb free), 262 data.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest fox2000

what's the point in quoting the WHOLE original post? Pls explain it to us.

Guest tilal6991

Couple of things.

1. Any issues from now on should be reported at github.com/ICSFusionX/android_device_zte_blade/issues

2. All issues have to have a logcat to go with them if you want me to fix the issue. No logcat = no fix.

Guest fox2000

The battery life & performance of the latest build are amazing. Days ago this kind of stability could only be found on GB ROMs for higher-end phones like Liberty or Wizardry. Great work keeping the Blade alive Tilal!

For those experiencing battery drain issues:

1. Go to Wi-Fi Settings>Advanced>Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep and set to "Only when plugged in". Also turn off Dialpad, Lockscreen & Touch Tones under sounds. These are the usual culprits behind wakelocks.

2. Combine Smartassv2 with sensible OC/UC profiles via SetCPU or QCA - this alone will give you an additional 5 or so hours of battery life.

That of disabling Wi-Fi when not plugged in is not a solution:

- First, since with Gingerbread the phone can bear one day of usage with Wi-Fi always on, I'd say that we should be expecting the same behavior from ICS;

- Second, if I switch Wi-Fi off even when I could connect to a Wi-Fi network, but I keep it switched off simply because the phone is not plugged in, I would end up wasting a lot of 3G traffic on my data plan, which should of course be avoided.

btw, I'm experiencing problems with SmartassV2 (I set it right after the first boot) and the CPU downclocked to 122MHz as the lowest value.

Guest Ganster

Does you use armv6j cpu switch, or armv6k? Qualcomm open my eyes with new drivers, MSM7227 has new revision of arm1136jf-s, who's has armv6k core with some improvements. :)

Guest mrcake

Finally decided to try ICS as it seems pretty stable from what people have said on here and the few broke things arent of bother to me. Seems really quick and zippy in menus and stuff compared to GB. Thanks for the work Tilal rom seems awesome so far!

Guest brookergray

Please edit your posts and remove the quote! Only idiots quote the OP. Do you consider itself an idiot? If no than remove the quote.

I don't really understand the question. You mean that your contacts are not syncing and asking if this is a new bug, or that they're syncing but they never did that before?

Guest vasiloy

I just played an hour and 3/4's of New Star Soccer with no issue so it doesn't seem to be something between that game and the rom rather than games in general.

I for one had no major problems yet, although the closed processes started to range between 3 and 10 for that game(haven't checked with others yet). And the weird thing is that before installing the 07/04 rom I couldn't play temple run for more than 1 min due to the sudden death bug, but now it works really well and the bug occurs very rarely.

Guest daaneel

Nice update, feels a lot snappier!

Youtube got a little smoother (but still not lag-free in hq), gallery & calculator now work, but camera got worse (my experience: it tries to give a preview, but fails, visual artefacts and reboot when taking a picture).

I'm really rooting for you to get it completely functional! If/when I'm switching back to GB to get camera/youtube support back, I'm definitely going to miss the sweet ICS experience...

Guest sej7278

I see the squadzones CM7 buld with 3.0 kernel, can you compile it to your build? Thanks for good ROM.

A. its not a real 3.0 kernel

B. squadzone hasn't released the sourcecode

Guest orochimaru94

Couple of things.

1. Any issues from now on should be reported at github.com/ICSFusionX/android_device_zte_blade/issues

2. All issues have to have a logcat to go with them if you want me to fix the issue. No logcat = no fix.

hi,

how do we make logcat to try to help you?

Guest sej7278

so if we wanted to compile this ourselves, we'd just copy your android_device_zte_blade and android_device_zte_common githubs into the regular cm9 device/ directory and do a "lunch zte_blade-eng && make -j8 && make otapackage" ?

oh - what about a vendor/zte/ directory with the proprietary files in - are they just jacob's github as per cm7?

Edited by sej7278