[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Tilal, can you please explain HQ youtube lag? Just wondering. Thx

video hw accel depends on another binary blob not available for ics :D

Guest tilal6991

so if we wanted to compile this ourselves, we'd just copy your android_device_zte_blade and android_device_zte_common githubs into the regular cm9 device/ directory and do a "lunch zte_blade-eng && make -j8 && make otapackage" ?

oh - what about a vendor/zte/ directory with the proprietary files in - are they just jacob's github as per cm7?

The commands are fine. There are a few patches I use from gerrit as well. The only thing is you can just do make bacon -j8 to replace the last two commands.

As for the vendor libs you need to clone the ics branch of https://github.com/t...tary_vendor_zte

Guest jijijoujou1
Can the soft keys be disabled temporarily...

Or is it permanent when we flash it

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

yes you can disable it by flashing "revert"

Guest lukasz244

Great rom, thanks!

However, i think there is something wrong with saving some settings. When i select "Use only 2G Networks" and reboot, it doesn't stay selected. Was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem.

Guest tilal6991

Great rom, thanks!

However, i think there is something wrong with saving some settings. When i select "Use only 2G Networks" and reboot, it doesn't stay selected. Was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem.

Upstream CM9 issue I'm afraid.

Guest vNa5h

yes you can disable it by flashing "revert"

You need to reboot the phone for that....

I read somewhere that pressing the hard back key hides the soft keys and pressing the menu brings them back....

Is that true?

Guest vNa5h
Great rom, thanks!

Upstream CM9 issue I'm afraid.

Also the 2g 3g network toggle on notifications doesn't work

Guest tilal6991

Also the 2g 3g network toggle on notifications doesn't work

Same reason as above.

Guest emc02

Softkey working great with this room :

05/04: http://db.tt/EkE1csul Reverse: http://db.tt/kfvXnnTH

ROM does not boot after flashing the softkeys... hangs on CM bootscreen

what have I done wrong? wipe cache and dalvik needed?

edit: ok, now it works, it was needed ;)

edit2: softbuttons are very nice! think I remove my keys ;)

Edited by emc02

Guest Rozzers

TO ANYONE WHO FINDS A BUG AND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT A "LOGCAT" IS:

There is an easy way to get a logcat to report a bug.

There is an app from the market called "alogcat" which allows you to generate a logcat directly from your phone without using ADB, and is saved as a .txt file on your SD card.

You will need to run alogcat then replicate the bug. Then go back into alogcat and save the log onto your SD.

Copy the contents onto a paste at Pastebin

Then copy the URL of your paste and include it in the bug report.

Guest targetbsp

Does someone fancy creating an issue for the airplane reboot issue please? I'm testing TomG's CM7 test rom atm so I can't. :(

Guest jojo7178

Just few words to thank you, Tilal ! A great Rom ! :D This new release is really awesome ! I didn't recognize my Blade ! Of course, there are some issues to fix but it's already a great daily use rom ! So, keep going and thanks for your work !

Just a noob question :unsure: : Some people often refer to a rom called GB... Wich one is that ?

I saw you were about to post an AOKP Rom and i'm waiting for it ! Btw, wich rom are you using ? ColdFusion, AOKP, MIUI or a secret one ?;)

Edited by jojo7178

Guest sej7278

The commands are fine. There are a few patches I use from gerrit as well. The only thing is you can just do make bacon -j8 to replace the last two commands.

As for the vendor libs you need to clone the ics branch of https://github.com/t...tary_vendor_zte

i know its boring and all, but i really think we need to get this documented. we're unsupported by cm9 officially, so we need to create a community based on your rom, and/or tom_g's if he releases it.

also i noticed the new adreno libs from xda that we're using in our 7.2rc1 kangs lately, e.g. libEGL_adreno200.so are different to the ones in your github above, and the ones in your github differ from the ones in yesterday's rom:

29039c47be6f025eb85593b95a90f7ea libEGL_adreno200.so (07/04 coldfusionx)

2a3894a7fe9a8e0f611010b57cfe06c1 libEGL_adreno200.so (new libs from xda)

db3f6c63663a673a93ce2a19c864efc8 libEGL_adreno200.so (your github, which match the old adreno libs in jacob's github)

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Just a noob question :unsure: : Some people often refer to a rom called GB... Wich one is that ?

GingerBread. So it's not a reference to a specific rom but to the range of roms that are 'prequel' to this one.

Guest emc02

is there no chance of being official supported by CM? Because the ROM is now very stable and fast and the Blade meets all requirements CM9 has

post-874496-0-78924700-1333920987_thumb.

Edited by emc02

Guest sej7278

is there no chance of being official supported by CM? Because the ROM is now very stable and fast and the Blade meets all requirements CM9 has

looking at that flowchart its 50:50 it will get supported.

its a bit annoying that most ics roms seem to only officially support samsung/google phones, which don't really need custom roms as they have official ones, i guess they're the easiest as they don't need porting and have opensource drivers.

Guest k0nrad

What targetbsp said above.

GB = Gingerbread, which is a codename of Android 2.3. (check Android codenaming scheme and history version here)

Most popular Blade ROMs based on that version are: Swedish Snow (based on stock ROM from Swedish carrier Comviq/Tele2, but with loads of tweaks) and CyanogenMod 7.

Guest k0nrad

looking at that flowchart its 50:50 it will get supported.

its a bit annoying that most ics roms seem to only officially support samsung/google phones, which don't really need custom roms as they have official ones, i guess they're the easiest as they don't need porting and have opensource drivers.

I'd include Sony Ericsson, which also got alpha and beta releases of ICS. As for open source drivers - AFAIK only TI really opensourced them, so not really the case I guess.

The flowchart doesn't strictly imply 50%, as there's no Adreno 200 device getting official ICS that we know about, but it's all about drivers, which we (sort of) have - we're still missing binary blobs for HW video encoding/decoding, which may factor in getting official support.

With or without it - I'm glad we have a pretty well functioning ROM and a dedicated developer and community focused on ironing any remaining quirks out.

I guess that even without official CM9 support we'll get regular updates, just not on a 'nightly' basis...

Many thanks to Tilal and everyone involved for their hard work and giving Blade yet another breath of life!

Edited by k0nrad

Guest davidnintendo

Is there anyone else having problems with deep sleep with this ROM? My phone still goes to deep sleep sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't. When it's locked I'd say it is 20% of the time in deep sleep and 80% on the lowest frequency. I always make sure to turn wifi off before locking the phone and I have also turned off system sounds and changed wifi suspension policy as somebody suggested here before. Anyway the ROM is really amazing and smooth. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the problem. It's actually an application bug that I've had in other ROMs. Sometimes, after I open Sygic Navigation, even when I close it the phone won't go to deep sleep until I reboot it.

Edited by davidnintendo