[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest jojo7178

What targetbsp said above.

GB = Gingerbread, which is a codename of Android 2.3. (check Android codenaming scheme and history version here)

Most popular Blade ROMs based on that version are: Swedish Snow (based on stock ROM from Swedish carrier Comviq/Tele2, but with loads of tweaks) and CyanogenMod 7.

Thank you for those explanation ! the worth part is that i used CM7 for a while... As i said, noob question... :huh:

Guest Decadence1

Think I'll test this ROM out, what problems can using the mini gapps on targetbsp's site cause? Don't really feel like changing my 160mb partition just in case I want to go back to my current setup.

Guest diamondarmada2012

Everything is working fine for me on the 07/04/2012 build, runs a LOT smoother, and Gapps has finally got everything on here thanks to an earlier query about TPT partitioning (thanks so much by the way)

Just one problem. I want to use Voice actions, but every time I click the mic button, it comes up with the popup screen. But when I speak into it, it doesn't show up the microphones levels when I'm speaking, and after a certain amount of time it just disappears and nothing happens. I've tried installing a separate APK, changing the permissions so it works, and it does work, but doesn't center in the screen and is insanely huge. When rebooting it, it's as if that whole operation was useless because it goes back to its original setting to NOT WORKING!

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Cus it's an amazing feature for me, and if it does eventually work, this build will definitely be good for regular use for me. So can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Guest flauchhaus
Just one problem. I want to use Voice actions, but every time I click the mic button, it comes up with the popup screen. But when I speak into it, it doesn't show up the microphones levels when I'm speaking, and after a certain amount of time it just disappears and nothing happens
I had the same thing - removing speech search with titanium backup and reinstalling it from the marked fixed it for me. Edited by flauchhaus

Guest Laccnow

I was kinda sceptical about ICS on blade, but I finally decided to try this one, and I'm really surprised. Not a single rom was so smooth before on my Blade. Thank you Tilal.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Have you considered porting this ROM to ZTE V875 if you want i can send you a stock ROM 2.3.5 with the kernel too as an example.smile.gif

I want this ROM on my dads phone.

Edited by andr0idbeliev3r

Guest blindclown

I've installed this update now. Already tested the wifi and the power bar button to disable the use of data. Everything works fine.

The ROM is a lot smoother and the first impression is very good (i was using the 31/03 update).

Tilal, I pay my respect to you for the major achievements and performance that you bring to our blades, with this ICS.

Regards.

Guest ~phil

Going to leave my thanks to Tital, fantastic job. Can easily tell the difference straight away, as my CFX ROM was a 3 weeks old or so.

The one thing I've always been unsure about is CPU clocking and governing - What would be the best settings for a standard user wanting a longer battery life? Default setting on the ROM is Interactive 245/604.

Guest astrabob

erhm... this may sound stupid, but did you press the usb icon and the "turn on USB-storage ?"

of course i have turn on the usb storage tongue.gif

if i have not do that i wouldnt be able to see even the folders i see in my pc rolleyes.gif

to say the truth.....when i activate the ''usb mode'' i can see only the folders that my cm9 have made.....the previous folders that have been created on cm7 i used before

just doesnt showblink.gif (and no they are not hidden cause i have ''show hidden files'' activated in my pc)

but i can see them when i am using any file explorer on my phoneblink.gif and of course i can use the items on the folders!

Edited by astrabob

Guest fibboo

when i activate the ''usb mode'' i can see only the folders that my cm9 have made.....the previous folders that have been created on cm7 i used before

just doesnt showblink.gif (and no they are not hidden cause i have ''show hidden files'' activated in my pc)

but i can see them when i am using any file explorer on my phoneblink.gif and of course i can use the items on the folders!

it's magic!

seriously, i've neither come across with such a problem or even heard of it. it's look like a miracle! if there're files they should be visible on PC!

Edited by fibboo

Guest blader95

what's the point in quoting the WHOLE original post? Pls explain it to us.

Google is not syncrizing my contacts....i think it is bug in this update

Bt is not working for me, it cannot connect to the tomtom 950.... it was on the 23/3 and also not working on 31/3. It'sindeed very skooth and fast! When bt is working, and camera, this is thebest rom,i've used!

Guest sej7278

Google is not syncrizing my contacts....i think it is bug in this update

i think there's a problem with google contact sync at the moment, i had a problem with cm7.2rc1 the other day. its synced since i put coldfusionx on though. not a rom issue.

Compass (direction arrow) in maps is not working for me. Only showing dot. Can anybody fix it?

works for me, although it seems that zooming and layers work differently in ics, might be a maps issue not a rom one.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

if i have not do that i wouldnt be able to see even the folders i see in my pc rolleyes.gif

to say the truth.....when i activate the ''usb mode'' i can see only the folders that my cm9 have made.....the previous folders that have been created on cm7 i used before

could be a permissions issue - are you using linux or windows?

Guest arpit22x

works for me, although it seems that zooming and layers work differently in ics, might be a maps issue not a rom one.

it was working in MIUIFusionX with the same maps version (6.5). I will reinstall the maps ....

Guest ufizo

I bet you are on windows and it sounds like your sd card has been infected. Do you see .lnk files on your sdcard? (using phone's explorer)

Try this on your windows:

If your USB drive is x:\ , and lets say, you had a folder named 'abc' present there before going missing...

Put 'x:\abc\' in your URL bar OR in run (win+r) and execute.

Let me know if you are able to access your folder contents like this..

Guest stanvladut

I had the same thing - removing speech search with titanium backup and reinstalling it from the marked fixed it for me.

I can't reinstall it from the market. When I search from computer, it says that the application si already installed.When I search from my phone, it don't find the voice search application. Suggestions?

Guest Ar_jay

Think I'll test this ROM out, what problems can using the mini gapps on targetbsp's site cause? Don't really feel like changing my 160mb partition just in case I want to go back to my current setup.

It will be fine, just delete the bootanimation.zip from the media folder in the zip before you flash the ROM