[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest sej7278

i know its boring and all, but i really think we need to get this documented. we're unsupported by cm9 officially, so we need to create a community based on your rom, and/or tom_g's if he releases it.

also i noticed the new adreno libs from xda that we're using in our 7.2rc1 kangs lately, e.g. libEGL_adreno200.so are different to the ones in your github above, and the ones in your github differ from the ones in yesterday's rom:

29039c47be6f025eb85593b95a90f7ea libEGL_adreno200.so (07/04 coldfusionx)

2a3894a7fe9a8e0f611010b57cfe06c1 libEGL_adreno200.so (new libs from xda)

db3f6c63663a673a93ce2a19c864efc8 libEGL_adreno200.so (your github, which match the old adreno libs in jacob's github)

any info on these differing adreno libs - i assume we should be using the ones from the coldfusionx rom and they just haven't been uploaded to github yet? are they cm9 versions of the faster libs we've been patching into cm7 ?

Guest ziyan

Wow, this rom is great! It has some bugs like status bar flickering, but nothing serious :)

Everyone said ICS will use way more battery... well, this isn't true. I've charged my phone before I went sleep, and it went from 100% to 13% in 19 hours. 2G data was always on, plus 1 hr wifi. The display was active for 3 hours and 38 minutes, it's more than enough for me. And it's still at 13% :blink:

But the built-in alarm and call ringtones are very bad :lol:

Edited by ziyan

Guest vNa5h
Wow, this rom is great! It has some bugs like status bar flickering, but nothing serious

Everyone said ICS will use way more battery... well, this isn't true. I've charged my phone before I went sleep, and it went from 100% to 13% in 19 hours. 2G data was always on, plus 1 hr wifi. The display was active for 3 hours and 38 minutes, it's more than enough for me. And it's still at 13%

But the built-in alarm and call ringtones are very bad

Yeah battery life is way better than official CM7 and other kangs I used

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Guest sej7278

any info on these differing adreno libs - i assume we should be using the ones from the coldfusionx rom and they just haven't been uploaded to github yet? are they cm9 versions of the faster libs we've been patching into cm7 ?

oh also neither msm7627_blade_defconfig nor cyanogen_blade_defconfig from github match the defconfig extracted from the coldfusionx 07/04 rom's kernel. which one should we use for self-builds?

forget that, i was looking at the 31/03 kernel!

i still can't do a self-build as i can't figure out where the zram.ko, libstagefright.so and various other modules and libs go, there's nothing currently in android_device_zte_blade/prebuilt/ from github, so i assume not there (like cm7) ?

Edited by sej7278

Guest Ultra-blade

Does anyone else have problems with auto brightness? It doesn't seen to work at all for me, it just stays at the previous manual brightness.

Yes.. Auto brightness does not work most of the times....

Guest emc02

Yes.. Auto brightness does not work most of the times....

well, sometimes it shows -1/-1 (in costum brightness steps (I have that in german, but I hope you know what I mean), but when you hold your finger on the sensor, then it shows 0/0 and then works as usual (till the next time)

maybe someone can make a logcat and post it in github?

Guest idleness

Everything is working great for me for the ROM (obviously except for the camera function but still takes photos) however i have an issue with regards to GAPPS. I have done a search on this topic if anyone else has had this issue and i have found people mentioning it however i dont understand it. When i install GAPPS.. nothing seems to change and no google apps show up for examps play and youtube. Could someone let me know why this is happening? I have attempted to install GAPPS twice now and it still does nothing. Someone mentioned about using TPT?? instead but could someone tell me what is causing GAPPS to not do anything? Please forgive me if this has been mentioned so many times :(

BTW though, ColdFusion on the other hand runs flawlessly! really nice and smooth!

Kind regards

Guest thewild
When i install GAPPS.. nothing seems to change and no google apps show up for examps play and youtube. Could someone let me know why this is happening?

Your system partition is too small.

Guest emc02

Whenever i try to install a tpt via recovery it aborts. any idea why? i need to get a bigger partition

you can't install a tpt via recovery!!! please search the forum for "how to make a tpt" !!

AND you should read first post: "For advanced users only!"

Edited by emc02

Guest Kezyka

you can't install a tpt via recovery!!! please search the forum for "how to make a tpt" !!

AND you should read first post: "For advanced users only!"

ok sorry xD no damage to the phone has been done tho

Guest vasiloy

is the video fix patch still needed? i haven't felt much diffrence from it.

No,it is not. Have u seen it linked in the 1st post?

Edited by vasiloy

Guest Proove

I think we need to flash video fix patch. I flashed and my youtube plays HQ videos almost perfect

Guest Malfis

Damn, phone will restart after try to install some app. I think that will solve the problem when i install ROM without A2SD dark tremor scripts :X but i need them to move Dalvik to Ext... (installed S2E Mod.zip) from there..... anyone hint?

Guest sej7278

the libstagefright.so in the video patch is different to the one in the 07/04 rom, so i'm not sure if we need it or not, i'm leaning towards yes.

Guest Malfis

Damn, phone will restart after try to install some app. I think that will solve the problem when i install ROM without A2SD dark tremor scripts :X but i need them to move Dalvik to Ext... (installed S2E Mod.zip) from there..... anyone hint?

Solved by moving dalvik back to internal memory! Strange.

Guest Viruss

battery life is very, VERY BAD. Phone is dying in my arms :/

With what kind of usage? With what governor / CPU OC? Several users reported completely opposite experience (very good battery life). Be more specific, please.