[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest mitchde
still... data connection doesnt work :(

i think i will wait for a better version

sej7278: well it obviously does work or a lot more people would have complained! i'd guess its an APN problem

Or as other said, the apn file isnt correct for your provider. You can take a look into that file if you unzip it on computer and look into it and compare it to an APN xml file of an zipped ROM (also GB APN file should work!) and make changes.

APN File which i talking about: /system/etc/apns-conf.xml

apns-conf.xml of 14.04. ROM is only 7KB size Normally size >= 170 KB.

!!! Only a very few providers listed - ONLY T-Mobile providers - OTHERS SHOUDL NOT WORK,

Attached latest + tested APN file ( ICS BURSTLAM 5.8.2 180KB, zipped - use rootexplorer NOT as CWM install!)

apns-conf.xml.zip

Edited by mitchde

Guest shmizan

i've seen that, seems to be only on first boot after a flash, reboot and you don't see it again.

yeah I guess. didn't go further after the first boot. waiting on the patches you're gonna add tomorrow :) you've really taken this on yourself sej, respect!

Guest Pierreism

There's something wrong with autobrightness default values: on my phone, it sets brightness between ~10%-90%. In a fully dark room, if I set backlight manually to minimum, the screen is a bit darker than with fully covered light sensor. Same thing happens in direct sunlight :mellow:

Should I report an issue?

It's not an issue, that's how the default Auto Brightness settings are. You can check/change them yourself by editing Custom Levels. The minimum it's set to isn't the minimum the phone goes to and likewise for the max. It sets the max to 200 or something, instead of the maximum value of 255. Probably to save battery.

Guest sej7278

Or as other said, the apn file isnt correct for your provider. You can take a look into that file if you unzip it on computer and look into it and compare it to an APN xml file of an zipped ROM (also GB APN file should work!) and make changes.

APN File which i talking about: /system/etc/apns-conf.xml

apns-conf.xml of 14.04. ROM is only 7KB size Normally size >= 170 KB.

!!! Only a very few providers listed - ONLY T-Mobile providers - OTHERS SHOUDL NOT WORK,

Attached latest + tested APN file ( ICS BURSTLAM 5.8.2 180KB, zipped - use rootexplorer NOT as CWM install!)

building now, think i've got it fixed. according to build/core/main.mk if we don't add:

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/etc/apns-conf.xml:system/etc/apns-conf.xml 

somewhere, e.g. device_zte.mk then we get the 7k development version rather than the 170k one.

Edited by sej7278

Guest emerald123

Hi I'm using this as an everyday rom cause its awesome but when I play a game or something I get these graphical glitches like white boxes and stuff what shall I do have I done something wrong.

Guest sej7278

Hi I'm using this as an everyday rom cause its awesome but when I play a game or something I get these graphical glitches like white boxes and stuff what shall I do have I done something wrong.

i've just uploaded a15/04 build with the fixes for colour banding, wifi sleep policy and the full apns list.

usual place. can someone please mirror, as i just used 60gb bandwidth on the 14/04 build in one day lol.

Guest HarryPirate

i've just uploaded a15/04 build with the fixes for colour banding, wifi sleep policy and the full apns list.

usual place. can someone please mirror, as i just used 60gb bandwidth on the 14/04 build in one day lol.

Here is a fast mirror ;)

http://ul.to/b7o0phi9

Thanks sej once again!

Guest jeddy1

not as fast as mediafire. Better to use mediafire, 'because ~30-50kB/s in your mirror is a tragedy ;)

Mediafire-8 min of download from my phone :)

I imagine from my PC no more than 20 seconds :)

Edit : @ Sej - could you check what's wrong with Wi-Fi? It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5-10 min.I had it on tilal's last build also.thx

Edited by jeddy1

Guest JTK-Power

Hi!

I havent tryed 15/4 build yet, but in 14/4 Build i had also APN problem but that was not the big problem for me. The system worked wery nice etc etc, i have now new CM7,2 nightly becuse 14/4 build was using Data som how. i have 500mb each month that i can use free, and over a night it was using 300mb data. i have same app that i have used latest year. no changes in apps or config. it was only this 14/4 build that used all my data. when i looked on data use it says " Android OS system" used all data.. any1 else got this also? if ppl verify that 15/4 build dont have this then i gonna install it, i do love this Rom =)

Keep up the work Sej and Tilial =)

Edited by JTK-Power

Guest kingpair

Yeah all those issues are now fixed. Thanks Sej. Another concern is the keyboard lag which some other users have also mentioned and that still persists.

Love how you've taken the reins of this coldfusion thing. :)

TomG released the first cm7 nightly with the fixed kernel.

Guest sej7278

Edit : @ Sej - could you check what's wrong with Wi-Fi? It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 5-10 min.I had it on tilal's last build also.thx

no idea what that is, do you have a logcat? maybe its a dhcp lease issue - that was part of the wifi sleep policy fix.

lol i wonder if that rpcrouter typo that squadzone found really did fix battery problems as my phone has been asleep for 7 hours with no battery use, shame i don't feel the same, no more 3am builds for me!

Guest sej7278

Yeah all those issues are now fixed. Thanks Sej. Another concern is the keyboard lag which some other users have also mentioned and that still persists.

Love how you've taken the reins of this coldfusion thing. :)

TomG released the first cm7 nightly with the fixed kernel.

yeah i saw the commit and wondered if there would be a cm7 nightly.

i looked at the details and coldfusionx doesn't use the firmware tom_g removed, and i don't think the 2 lines in the defconfig are going to make any difference to us - dunno why he's enabled apple keyboard drivers lol.

also the webrtc repo got pointed at cyanogenmod now instead of aosp (merged) so we just need someone to commit the arm6 spl_inl.h

i noticed the samsung guys used the same bootanimation fix as us.

Guest Ar_jay

Are there any compatible themes for this build of CM9? I tried installing the Xperia theme for CM9 on the galaxy S forum on XDA but it wouldn't install because the phone model didn't match up unsurprisingly.

Is there any particular way we should follow in order to upgrade from tilal's build to sej's one? Do we need to re-wipe data? Since after I updated S2E doesn't recognize my ext partition (even if i reflash it from CWM). Maybe I'm doing something wrong blink.gif

Guest mitchde

Wifi stays working for me with 15.04.

I think you must only wipe darvik cache if you come from older ColdfusionX versions.

S2E - i dont use.

BUt i use Link2SD (free!!) and must (independend from which rom build) always update the Link2SD ext script after i updated an ROM - (LINK2SD is intelligent and asks itself to update that script). After then, reboot and all my EXT4 Apps can get accessed again.

Perhaps you must du with S2E an similar update script operation?