[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest sej7278

strange, since yesterday with 0704 and now with 1504, even after reinstalling, factory reset and everything i get android.process.media and google store crashing every time i try to dl and install an app

have you got enough space on /system and /data ?

Guest sej7278

Could you post the change log for your new update please :)

Just post it as a reply for now.

i've just uploaded a15/04 build with the fixes for colour banding, wifi sleep policy and the full apns list.

Guest sej7278

Soldier, your tip seems not to work for me... reverting to default settings makes it work, but after restoring it breakes as you say. But in my case restarting Apex doesn't help.

Indeed, Trebuchet is OK, even Apex in horizontal orientation is OK... pretty strage, isin't it? And strangely while exiting Apex settings animation does work well, but with other app it breaks.

The more widets you place on your desktops, the slower the animation gets...

sounds like a bug in apex then. launcherpro+ is fine too, although it looks horribly dated now, i guess its a dead product.

and yes its completely normal (even in cm7) that widgets slow down workspace redraw, especially if you have any on your sdcard.

Guest sssingletrack

the next build i'll probably start a new thread. that's the easiest way to do it.

its not like anyone is actually bothering to read the instructions on the first page lol.

This is very true. It appears most people are oblivious to the brightly coloured writing e.t.c on the first page..

Guest sej7278

Some tips to improve the rom:

Improve the bootload to boost the OS.

Sometimes takes very time to find and connect to a wireless hotspot, I don't think if this issue needs a important and fast fix, but, for a stable release, this is important be fixed.

to speed up the boot time you could delete /system/media/bootanimation.zip, or you could do this from adb to set it permanently:

echo 1 > /data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

Guest k.d.11

Hey sej did you understand anything about whether that big commit tomG made to the blade kernel helps in performance or something else even though it doesnt fix anything in particular..?

I think this question got lost between posts i dont mean to be annoying just want to know thanks

Guest sej7278

I think this question got lost between posts i dont mean to be annoying just want to know thanks

i was just getting to you, i really should do multiquotes :D

tom_g didn't think it would do much for us, i think he was just experimenting (bit odd he didn't make a new branch).

most of it is just bloat like nvidia ion drivers. i guess he's just trying to get the new blade source synced with upstream caf.

Edited by sej7278

Guest lohikko

Hey Sej, just a couple bugs I found:

1.Can't do WiFi Tethering, it stays saying "Connecting WiFi..." and does nothing else.

2.When I plug in the USB data cable to my laptop, the phone doesn't notice, it starts charging up, but don't give me the option to mount it on my pc :S

Justi in case, I did a full wipe before installing, and followed the instructions in the first post :)

EDIT: oops! Forgot to say that i'm using 14/04 build

and also forgot to thank the developers for all the great work you're doing!

Edited by lohikko

Guest innesness

Any particular reason why QuickClock doesn't work normally? I'd like to undervolt my frequencies for even more battery life/less system heat but everytime I try to load up a profile or set one up, I get a reboot.

Is there an undervolt utility specifically designed to work with the Blade?

Edited by innesness

Guest Sulthekk

Any particular reason why QuickClock doesn't work normally? I'd like to undervolt my frequencies for even more battery life/less system heat but everytime I try to load up a profile or set one up, I get a reboot.

Is there an undervolt utility specifically designed to work with the Blade?

Voltages are statically set in kernel for security, as there would be a lot of bricks if the customvoltage mod was applied.

Guest pikapika

strange, since yesterday with 0704 and now with 1504, even after reinstalling, factory reset and everything i get android.process.media and google store crashing every time i try to dl and install an app

/system is 180m, /cache 2m and /data 274m, but it seems to be better by now

Guest kyoshosan

Hi Sej,

Good for us you continued tilal's work... thanks for that

But i've got two blades, a Gen1 tpt'ed to a Gen2 OSF/3.2Mpix/LCD aka oldBlade bought in the UK and a Stock Gen 2 ZTE Blade/5.2Mpix/LCD aka newBlade bought here in the Netherlands. The last one has the camera upside down issue which was fixed by tom_G last kernel update.

I've got different issues with both phones besides the camera issue...

First thing about the camera, both phones have the preview issue with the 07/04 CFX but both work correcty without FC'ing when taking the photo. Using camara360 with hardware compatibility enabled you may see a flashing preview window. In the 07/04 version the preview is correctly orrientated on both phones. So it looks that the upside down issue is solved also here in CFX. Don't touch the camera app itselves, this one doesn't FC on the newBlade. In SS RLS7 preview is ok but taking a picture FC's the camera app (still got to tell KonstaT about this last issue in his perfect GB ROM)

The strange issue i have with oldBlade is that sometimes during USB transfer at the last byte, it stops transfering. You will then see the usb developers icon disapear. After that the notification bar starts to flash with the line usb connected/disconnected. Disconnecing the USB cable stops the flashing but as soon as you reconnect and start sending files again the trouble restarts.

A issue i ony have with the newBladeis the that during a call the phone just reboots. Normally it could take day's before it happens but it will happen. Mostly it happens during calls that are longer then 20mins. (of track i've got this issue also with SS RLS7.. with the old turies kernel no reboot issues at all, only no camera.. snif.)

Could you tell me if there a way to log in the background. I've tried dmesg but it only saves a marginal time frame.... or can i somehow tell dmesg to save al events recieved to a file residing on /sdcard or even /sd-ext. I know it will become big but i've got 2Gb sd-ext or 14 gb sdcard space to use. When a reboot occurs, howto save this log file, if the phone boot isn't this file overwritten?, or will it get a new date/time stamp?)

I know, without logging it you can't solve anything....

Hopefully with some loggings you can find these last bugs, because i think that ICS was made for the Blade. I've seen guys with SGS2 with ICS saying they could feel the speed difference between ICS and GB. Well just use apex launcher with 9 homescreens full of pure widgets in CFX against GB with LauncherPro with 9 homescreens full off pure widgets.

Keep up the good work... cu laterz

Guest jeddy1

My battery drains very fast, one day max, anyone has same problems or is uncalibrated?

One day max?? then what u want more ?? ICS with 3 days no recharge ?? haha

mine keeps just few hours

when u report smth, at least say how you are using ur phone i.e. wifi,data ... etc

Guest emerald123

One day max?? then what u want more ?? ICS with 3 days no recharge ?? haha

mine keeps just few hours

when u report smth, at least say how you are using ur phone i.e. wifi,data ... etc

yh same here, mine is about 3

hours Max.