[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

I'm seeing horrible banding again. Basically, nothing is dithered at all. This is quite disappointing after the 31/03 build, where dithering worked nicely. Is this an issue/regression with CM9?

Guest brookergray

does radio work?

Radio as in cellular, bluetooth, wifi, GPS or what's the name of that gimmicky thing that 99% of users don't care about because it's 2012? Right it's FM radio! No it doesn't and it won't in the foreseeable future because you know it's 2012 and people don't care about it.

Guest ..Abel..

I'm seeing horrible banding again. Basically, nothing is dithered at all. This is quite disappointing after the 31/03 build, where dithering worked nicely. Is this an issue/regression with CM9?

15/04 or 14/04? Its fixed in 15/04!

Guest sej7278

colour banding is fixed in 15/04 and 07/04 even (and the patch just got merged into cm9). my 14/04 build missed the patch is all.

31/03 didn't have the problem as it didn't have hardware acceleration!

Edited by sej7278

Guest saransh9

@Sej - would it be possible to merge the CM9 Reloaded settings into the Themes menu under interface :)

Just a thought, thanks.h

its a bad idea it got lot of bugs after 1.7 so its better u flash it separately

Guest sej7278

Just realized that 15/04 isn't letting the phone go into deep sleep. It is wakeable with hardware buttons with or without wifi on.

works fine here. you have to leave it for 15secs to actually go to sleep.

post-839039-0-21238400-1334565298_thumb.

Guest emc02

Just realized that 15/04 isn't letting the phone go into deep sleep. It is wakeable with hardware buttons with or without wifi on.

sleeps well (after a few seconds) with and without wifi

Guest emc02

Left it off for 5 mins and it was still wakeable. Even after a reboot it persists. Weird.

try nandroid backup and full wipe, maybe this helps

Guest fratido

Left it off for 5 mins and it was still wakeable. Even after a reboot it persists. Weird.

Do you have Instagram installed? On my Phone (with 31/03 ) it was keeping my phone frome going to sleep. Maybe you try this before you do a full wipe ;)

Guest kingpair

sounds like you've got an app with a wakelock. its not a rom issue.

BBS revealed nothing actually. Just Awake 99 percent with about 15 mins of partial wakelocks over 14 hours. Kernel wakelocks were very high. I'm going to try a reinstall.

Edited by kingpair

Guest bolet75
does radio work?
No, I discovered this yesterday when I installed this build of ICS on my ZTE Blade. If the ZTE Blade didn't have a FM receiver built in, I wouldn't care, but it's a pity having one and being unable to use it. Still, to me, ICS advantages outweight this issue. Edited by bolet75

Guest emerald123

colour banding is fixed in 15/04 and 07/04 even (and the patch just got merged into cm9). my 14/04 build missed the patch is all.

what does color banding actually do?

Guest vNa5h

man i never though i would miss camera so much....

btw waiting for the day camera gets fixed....

i mostly use it as a document scanner....mostly taking photos of notes as im in college

Guest innesness

Experiencing some bizarre battery behavior on 15/04, phone went from fully charged to 3% battery in no more than 3 hours of light use. Mostly the screen was off while the phone was playing music.

I figured I just needed to put the phone through a couple charge cycles so I let it die and plugged it in - been hours since I did and the phone says it's only at 5% battery. I've also seen other posts here complaining about 15/04's battery life... any fixes/definite culprits yet?

Alright. I didn't notice any new build, actually. IMHO it would be great to have all interesting information in a central place. Github provides some simple tools for Wiki-like websites, and it'd be cool to have a few simple pages there for changelog, download links, build instructions and the like. At the moment, everything is scattered throughout various forum posts that are often hard to find.

As for banding, I can't believe you don't notice it. It's really, really obvious in many places, most prominently probably in the vertical background color gradient.

@emerald123

The Blade doesn't render graphics at 24 bit truecolor, the display is merely capable of 18 bit, but often even 16 bit is used. This leads to easily visible steps and discontinuities in gradients. Dithering basically uses patterns of different colors to hide the lack of color depth. Here's a nice demonstration from Wikipedia.

Guest kingpair

Experiencing some bizarre battery behavior on 15/04, phone went from fully charged to 3% battery in no more than 3 hours of light use. Mostly the screen was off while the phone was playing music.

I figured I just needed to put the phone through a couple charge cycles so I let it die and plugged it in - been hours since I did and the phone says it's only at 5% battery. I've also seen other posts here complaining about 15/04's battery life... any fixes/definite culprits yet?

Could you install Better Battery Stats or Cpu Spy to see if the phone deep sleeps? Do you have a constant internet connection? Can you wake your phone by pressing the hardware buttons? There are a fair number of people here with battery issues but its not universal so its evident in only certain usage scenarios. I have unusual battery usage too but not as high as you. I'm freezing most of my apps to see if it gets sorted and if not i'll do a full wipe later tonight.

Guest sej7278

As for banding, I can't believe you don't notice it. It's really, really obvious in many places, most prominently probably in the vertical background color gradient.

the only place i thought i noticed it was in the menu background in rommanager, the black/grey gradiant wasn't 100%, but it wasn't exactly devastating.

looks like we're going official (maybe, probably): other thread