[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest wylde007

i was just checking out the ROM and noticed in the blade buddy app that hardware acceleration was on, i thought turning it off will improve the battery as i did it in the GB Roms ( performance degrades) But in this ICS Rom i noticed heavy lag even the home screen did not move properly it was like the whole phone was lagging horribly. Does anyone know why is this and will solving this improve the speed of the rom ??

Guest emerald123

no idea mate, people keep moaning about it but i can't see the difference in any of the builds.

ok thnks so i didnt do anything wrong and has nothing to do with my graphics problems.

Guest mitchde

ICS CM9 speaking (text to speach) ? If i want to use the speak example function in settings (pico tts build in) it never speaks anything. Does the speaking not already working in CM9 ICS?

Thanks

Edited by mitchde

Guest Loren82

ICS CM9 speaking (text to speach) ? If i want to use the speak example function in settings (pico tts build in) it never speaks anything. Does the speaking not already working in CM9 ICS?

Thanks

To me, not me tts Pico works, but if I install Ivona TTs, I works perfectly, it will be an application error, I guess

Ivona TTS

Guest innesness

Could you install Better Battery Stats or Cpu Spy to see if the phone deep sleeps? Do you have a constant internet connection? Can you wake your phone by pressing the hardware buttons? There are a fair number of people here with battery issues but its not universal so its evident in only certain usage scenarios. I have unusual battery usage too but not as high as you. I'm freezing most of my apps to see if it gets sorted and if not i'll do a full wipe later tonight.

I've got BetterBattStats, Awake is about 45secs more than Screen On which is normal. However AudioOut & AlarmManager are just killing me, haha.

Doubt it's an app gone rogue since I've got the same set of apps installed that I had on the 31/03 build (TiBu), and I had above average battery life on that. I also only have wi-fi on when I'm refreshing my RSS & podcasts, I mostly have it off.

I've set keep wi-fi on during sleep to only when plugged in and touch tones to off - however no matter how many seconds/minutes I leave the Blade alone to let it sleep I can wake it right up by pressing the Menu hardkey.

Methinks there is tomfoolery afoot somewhere

Edited by innesness

Guest yamDev2012

no idea mate, people keep moaning about it but i can't see the difference in any of the builds.

Color banding occurs when the display is unable to show all of the 16.7 million colours available at 24bit (1 byte for each of red, green and blue) color depth.

Our blades are fitted with 16bit displayable colors so the range of colors is limited to 65536. As you see, it's easy to understand that, given 16.7m / 65536 = 256,

a lot of 24bit color space will sort of map into the same 16bit color, producing bands of the same color where a smooth gradient should occur.

The fancy solution is, therefor, to trick our eyes by blending pixels of different shades in a given area so that the net result shows up as the intended 24bit color.

That process is called dithering and it's made available through the settings->performance->use dithering.

Make sure you reboot after enabling/disabling it and check your photos carefully or try to take a picture of a surface with a smooth gradient of colors.

Hope this helps whoever wants to understand ;)

(Edited/updated: the main purpose of this post was forgoten...)

On my blade, with tilal's 07.04.12 release, the dithering is disabled and my photos do show up perfect. Enabling it, I do notice the dithering pattern though, varying

from color to color / image to image, you may need to look pretty close to notice it or spot it at once.

Edited by yamDev2012

Guest sej7278

i was just checking out the ROM and noticed in the blade buddy app that hardware acceleration was on, i thought turning it off will improve the battery as i did it in the GB Roms ( performance degrades) But in this ICS Rom i noticed heavy lag even the home screen did not move properly it was like the whole phone was lagging horribly. Does anyone know why is this and will solving this improve the speed of the rom ??

hardware acceleration IS the fix, without it all ICS builds are unusable. i can't see the blade getting much/any faster than it currently is. personally i don't see a speed problem really (seems the same as cm7) and i'm not even overclocking. you sure you don't have a rubbish sdcard or loads of ad-supported apps?

Guest wylde007

hardware acceleration IS the fix, without it all ICS builds are unusable. i can't see the blade getting much/any faster than it currently is. personally i don't see a speed problem really (seems the same as cm7) and i'm not even overclocking. you sure you don't have a rubbish sdcard or loads of ad-supported apps?

ok thank you sej7278 i was just messing around with the rom i myself dont have a problem with the rom its perfect only thing was turning off the hardware acceleration to experiment with battery life and i have this problem with the phone and people app being slow i dont know why ????tongue.gif rest is fine biggrin.gif

Experiencing some bizarre battery behavior on 15/04, phone went from fully charged to 3% battery in no more than 3 hours of light use. Mostly the screen was off while the phone was playing music.

I figured I just needed to put the phone through a couple charge cycles so I let it die and plugged it in - been hours since I did and the phone says it's only at 5% battery. I've also seen other posts here complaining about 15/04's battery life... any fixes/definite culprits yet?

I noticed this too a few days ago. It turned out to be a kernel wakelock that caused it for me and plugging usb cable in fixed it. I believe re-booting would've also fix the problem I had.

It does seem (from my own personal observations) that all ICS builds have had this strange problem where every now and then you get some really bad battery drainage. Of course it could some app that I use but BBS never seems to show any unusually long wakelocks from apps so Im not sure this is the problem. Im thinking its more likely to be some kernel related problem but I dont know for sure.

I had an episode of battery drain today too. The battery was acting pretty normal in the morning then I made a phone call and after that it just started draining ridiculously (see screenshot). After rebooted it seems to have gone back to normal again. Although i'm on Burstlam's AOKP right now I think the problem exists here too.

Anyway my suggestion is, if you notice mad battery drain then its best to reboot asap. Hopefully that'll sort it

post-919211-0-86399500-1334586142_thumb.

Guest Horváth Dávid

Anyone having trouble with light sensor? It's stuck in -1 in my sister's Bladesad.gif

I have the same problem. Its not really working for me and I did not find a fix yet.

Guest Juliano Dorneles

wiped everything ?? formatted system ??

Yes ... I always do the full wipe ... formatting everything ... cleaning all ... etc .. etc ...

Guest AntonPettersson

aww does that mean I own a fake? I'm gonna sue Orange...

You know that irony isn't working on the internet... And i think he means officialy supported by CyanogenMod ;)

You know that irony isn't working on the internet... And i think he means officialy supported by CyanogenMod ;)

I was going more for sarcasm than irony. but yes I know he was talking about CM support for the Blade.... and in case you're worried i'm not going to sue Orange, i'll only get fake phones out of them ;)

Edited by fp30

Guest vNa5h

aww does that mean I own a fake? I'm gonna sue Orange...

dont u think its kinda common sense if i say its going official in a cm9 thread it means cm support

Edited by vNa5h

Guest jeddy1

dont u think its kinda common sense if i say its going official in a cm9 thread it means cm support

He was joking

Can u tell us from where this info came ????