[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest toligado

Yes ... I always do the full wipe ... formatting everything ... cleaning all ... etc .. etc ...

Remove bootanimation.zip from the rom zip file and it will works.

Brazilian phone, right?

Guest Proove

Anyone is facing memory problem? I can't install Titanium backup it tells me not enough memory. But I have about 88mb free space what's wrong?

Anyone is facing memory problem? I can't install Titanium backup it tells me not enough memory. But I have about 88mb free space what's wrong?

did you install the a2sd zip? if so, you might be out of memory on your memory card

dont u think its kinda common sense if i say its going official in a cm9 thread it means cm support

dont you think its kinda common sense that I was joking when its common sense if you say its going official in a cm9 thread it means cm support.

Guest targetbsp

Has anybody tried this using a Chinese blade, with 256 MB RAM ? Are there any issues with ram ?

I think it'll struggle, if it even works. I have only 180-odd free from a clean boot after I've disabled loads of stuff on a 512mb blade. So it uses a lot more than 256mb just for the OS.

Guest targetbsp

Is it the video acceleration?

Amusingly, on my phone, video works better on CM9 than 7. I never seem able to get any video to work at all in 7. This doesn't especially bother me as I don't have a need for video playback on my phone. CM9 will however play the odd frame making it an improvement for me!

Guest rafalo1333

Yeah what is openmax? Something HW video related?

And, are we very close to official CM9 or not? Someone could explain, I will be happy ;)

Guest jeddy1

Yeah what is openmax? Something HW video related?

And, are we very close to official CM9 or not? Someone could explain, I will be happy ;)

no we are not ! it will take time

dont be so excited ;)

just enjoy what u have now ;)

Guest Telltale

I had this problem. You need to go into to /data/app (using a rooted explorer like ES) and delete the com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk. It's the remnants of a previous version but stops you being able to install current versions.

Edited by Telltale

Guest shmizan

no we are not ! it will take time

dont be so excited ;)

just enjoy what u have now ;)

and as we progress, I imagine bugs are going to pop up as most of the real CM settings are not even implented yet..

Guest Proove

I had this problem. You need to go into to /data/app (using a rooted explorer like ES) and delete the com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk. It's the remnants of a previous version but stops you being able to install current versions.

Now it works, I owe you a beer :D

Guest saransh9

For those who want to know about openmax

New media capabilities

Low-level streaming multimedia

Android 4.0 provides a direct, efficient path for low-level streaming multimedia. The new path is ideal for applications that need to maintain complete control over media data before passing it to the platform for presentation. For example, media applications can now retrieve data from any source, apply proprietary encryption/decryption, and then send the data to the platform for display.

Applications can now send processed data to the platform as a multiplexed stream of audio/video content in MPEG-2 transport stream format. The platform de-muxes, decodes, and renders the content. The audio track is rendered to the active audio device, while the video track is rendered to either a Surface or a SurfaceTexture. When rendering to a SurfaceTexture, the application can apply subsequent graphics effects to each frame using OpenGL.

To support this low-level streaming, the platform introduces a new native API based on Khronos OpenMAX AL 1.0.1. The API is implemented on the same underlying services as the platform’s existing OpenSL ES API, so developers can make use of both APIs together if needed. Tools support for low-level streaming multimedia will be available in an upcoming release of the Android NDK.

http://www.khronos.org/openmax/al/

Guest evilbrain

There are hints that we may be going official, I saw this earlier then read the debate here so if you want to have a look:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1935873

read from post 72 onwards

Looks like *put on glasses*

the Blade is still sharp cool.gif

Dammit, couldn't help it but it is really good news for all the blade community :)

Guest skywave

review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14802/

Openmax/ hw video decoding will imo never be out for the armv6 Blade. Qualcomm can't put them up on their website, like the adreno drivers, because of the licensing fees. For example h264 requires a license free, so does MP3 and almost all formats besides OGG vorbis and VP8 require licenses.

So we'll have to pirate armv6 libs from a OEM ICS device, but chances for ICS on an armv6 devices are just very very small. They aren't announced right now and i seriously doubt they ever will.

Guest brookergray

I think it'll struggle, if it even works. I have only 180-odd free from a clean boot after I've disabled loads of stuff on a 512mb blade. So it uses a lot more than 256mb just for the OS.

Well it's not as simple as that. The Linux kernel is a magical creature that can adopt to almost any environment. If more memory is available it does more caching. And considering that Burstlam is building for the Chinese blade, it might just work. And there's always swap.