[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest rafalo1333

SkyWave, You just always have bad news when sun is just about to shine for us :P

Fingers crossed that somehow we can get properly working ICS.

Guest shmizan

review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14802/

Openmax/ hw video decoding will imo never be out for the armv6 Blade. Qualcomm can't put them up on their website, like the adreno drivers, because of the licensing fees. For example h264 requires a license free, so does MP3 and almost all formats besides OGG vorbis and VP8 require licenses.

So we'll have to pirate armv6 libs from a OEM ICS device, but chances for ICS on an armv6 devices are just very very small. They aren't announced right now and i seriously doubt they ever will.

this should affect many devices, maybe it's time for another petition? I wonder how high the fee is, that such a huge corp like qualcomm can't just DO IT.

Guest skywave

this should affect many devices, maybe it's time for another petition? I wonder how high the fee is, that such a huge corp like qualcomm can't just DO IT.

Many devices will be able to source their prop libs from another similar device that did get a ICS update. But read that comment on Gerrit, even the HTC Sensation doesnt have these libs yet.

Regarding license fees, Mozilla doesnt include a codec for h264 because of ideological reasons (closed souce, patents etc) and because of an annual fee of 500.000 USD.

http://www.osnews.com/story/22787/Mozilla_Explains_Why_it_Doesn_t_License_h264

Guest skywave

Theres is also another point. The MSM7227 SoC has afaik some unique characteristics regarding the hardware video decoding. Basically its the only Adreno200 SoC which is not a snapdragon

Guest DMM88

Anyone know how i can boost call volume... I can't hear the other person talking during a call and it's at the maximum volume.

It's not a problem from this rom. I already had it before...

Tryed volume+ and didn't work.

Thanks

Guest mELIANTE

put your finger on the sensor and then remove ;)

Already tried it, doesn't work. Neither does putting under a really bright light, like I did in other roms when the issue arised.

Guest t0mm13b

Many devices will be able to source their prop libs from another similar device that did get a ICS update. But read that comment on Gerrit, even the HTC Sensation doesnt have these libs yet.

Regarding license fees, Mozilla doesnt include a codec for h264 because of ideological reasons (closed souce, patents etc) and because of an annual fee of 500.000 USD.

http://www.osnews.com/story/22787/Mozilla_Explains_Why_it_Doesn_t_License_h264

Hummm... that's 5million USD for a licence per year if I've read that number of zeros correctly ;)

TIL! MIND=BLOWN!

Guest mELIANTE

Hummm... that's 5million USD for a licence per year if I've read that number of zeros correctly ;)

TIL! MIND=BLOWN!

Five hundred thousandwink.gif

Nevermind, the quote showed 500000 but the original article said 5000000. Sorry :)

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Laccnow

One day max?? then what u want more ?? ICS with 3 days no recharge ?? haha

mine keeps just few hours

when u report smth, at least say how you are using ur phone i.e. wifi,data ... etc

I always put my phone on the charger at night before I started using ICS (well, this rom) if I used my phone enough (somtimes it just lays around for days and I only receive some calls and send sms, but nothing else), so basically it had one, maybe two days max uptime without charging before. But now it drains way faster. Today I listened to music max 2 hours and had a few minutes of internet and wifi on my phone and luckily I could charge it around noon. Without that charging, my battery would be dead by the time I got home, that's for sure. So with my average usage, it can't survive a whole day. I guess the smooth ICS experience comes with a price.

Edited by Laccnow

Guest fradleyp

I always put my phone on the charger at night before I started using ICS (well, this rom) if I used my phone enough (somtimes it just lays around for days and I only receive some calls and send sms, but nothing else), so basically it had one, maybe two days max uptime without charging before. But now it drains way faster. Today I listened to music max 2 hours and had a few minutes of internet and wifi on my phone and luckily I could charge it around noon. Without that charging, my battery would be dead by the time I got home, that's for sure. So with my average usage, it can't survive a whole day. I guess the smooth ICS experience comes with a price.

Exactly the reason I am back with SS for now. I've had 2 days no charge so far, wouldn't last 24hours on ICS

Guest DMM88

Why is the minimum cpu frequecy at 245Mhz?

I put 122 like the rom i had before... will this save battery?

Guest targetbsp

Why is the minimum cpu frequecy at 245Mhz?

I put 122 like the rom i had before... will this save battery?

245 is the default setting for CM. yes you can change it to 122. Some people have reported problems with their music player app if it's set this low but I haven't had problems personally.

Guest DMM88

245 is the default setting for CM. yes you can change it to 122. Some people have reported problems with their music player app if it's set this low but I haven't had problems personally.

will this make any difference on battery life?

Guest Pierreism

idk but my battery life is pretty rad with CM9. It drains like crazy the first time I flash a new ROM, but after a day or so it goes back to normal. I'm on 14 hours right now and still on 40%. I do turn off Sync some days though when I'm not expecting an urgent email or whatever.

Guest DMM88

idk but my battery life is pretty rad with CM9. It drains like crazy the first time I flash a new ROM, but after a day or so it goes back to normal. I'm on 14 hours right now and still on 40%. I do turn off Sync some days though when I'm not expecting an urgent email or whatever.

Mine lasted around 1,5 days...

But i listened music 4 hours, used internet for about 1 hour, etc...

Guest vNa5h

I think he cant...

he just would be better to stop saying this bulls**t without proves.

he just skip the posts which he cant answer ;)

sej just said that two pages back

should have quoted it for u dumb guys

Edited by vNa5h

Guest mitchde

Hi, installed 14/04 yesterday and 3g and mobile data doesn't work, should they work?

There is an update 15.04. which fixed an APN list problem of 14.04. build. Link should be somewhere last 4-5 pages.

Guest jeddy1

sej just said that two pages back

should have quoted it for u dumb guys

Then why you didnt said it but you skipped my answer ?

anyway it doesnt matter